Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MayorWest13

Jonah Williams game preparation

26 posts in this topic

He and Dillard are the best bet if your priority is protecting Matt. However, I'd really like a mauler that can do the same.

18 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Sam Baker 2.0 sighting.  This isn't a Zack Martin or Nelson for the Colts, this is a Sam Baker clone

Lmao

Personally? Not his biggest fan, but I like him decently, and this improves my feelings on him somewhat.

Falconsin2012 and Ergo Proxy like this

25 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

$hit. The fact that he places that much emphasis on using metrics to game plan is impressive. He wouldn’t be my 1st choice at 14, but I wouldn’t mind it now. 

The Clemson game sticks in my mind, though.  They exposed the BAMA OL & Safeties

2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

He dam sure doesn’t get the credit he deserves.  

You shouldn’t be that average if you want credit

1 minute ago, takeitdown said:

Gotta have the talent.

I like the work, but I can run spreadsheets on everything weekly.  Doesn't mean you should stand me in front of JJ Watt and expect good things to happen.

Yep

6 hours ago, takeitdown said:

Gotta have the talent.

I like the work, but I can run spreadsheets on everything weekly.  Doesn't mean you should stand me in front of JJ Watt and expect good things to happen.

I think Williams can become a good OL but would not upgrade Ty in year 1 if it’s for RT nor be the best option at OG for us.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Sam Baker 2.0 sighting.  This isn't a Zack Martin or Nelson for the Colts, this is a Sam Baker clone

12 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Sam Baker is smiling somewhere

His arm length is greater than Baker.

The player who has the same exact size as Baker is Kaleb McGary 32 3/4.

Edited by Cole World
Osiruz and Ergo Proxy like this

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You shouldn’t be that average if you want credit

Well KOG, I’m not sure what has you against him when across the board most all the personnel folks have him rated top 3 Olinemen in the country.  Nobody out there is perfect so maybe you’re being tougher on him than most because he’s from Bama which is your team. 

24 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Well KOG, I’m not sure what has you against him when across the board most all the personnel folks have him rated top 3 Olinemen in the country.  Nobody out there is perfect so maybe you’re being tougher on him than most because he’s from Bama which is your team. 

Just another excuse to make justification for a player because you like the position. We Bama fans love a great many of our players. I like Q, Jacobs, and a few others. Jonah benefits from the weak talent pool for the position. He’s not that good. 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

If we took Jonah, I'm perfectly fine with it. He's not sexy. But he's got legit ability to play every position on the OL. People were "eh..." when the Titans took Conklin at #8, until he turned in an All-Pro rookie season. Jonah has the ability to block on an island, which would be a boon for Matt to be protected with just 5 guys. He'd be my last choice at #14, but I wouldn't complain at all. 

Ergo Proxy and Osiruz like this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Just another excuse to make justification for a player because you like the position. We Bama fans love a great many of our players. I like Q, Jacobs, and a few others. Jonah benefits from the weak talent pool for the position. He’s not that good. 

I wasn’t trying to make excuses for him.  

I’m simply trying to find out why you don’t like him. 

I think that in my heart I’d like to come away with a good DT in rd 1 and I’m really open minded about our pick tbh.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The Clemson game sticks in my mind, though.  They exposed the BAMA OL & Safeties

Due to coaching turnover turmoil (OC and OL completely phoned in preparation), Alabama players were completely unprepared for that game.  I wouldn't take anything from that game as meaningful data.

Edited by JeffAtl

Posted (edited)

Its cool he studied film and all but if he isnt a mauler i hope we dont draft him.

Edited by red falcon

4 hours ago, vel said:

If we took Jonah, I'm perfectly fine with it. He's not sexy. But he's got legit ability to play every position on the OL. People were "eh..." when the Titans took Conklin at #8, until he turned in an All-Pro rookie season. Jonah has the ability to block on an island, which would be a boon for Matt to be protected with just 5 guys. He'd be my last choice at #14, but I wouldn't complain at all. 

Besides the fact Conklin is 5 times the player Williams will ever be.

12 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Besides the fact Conklin is 5 times the player Williams will ever be.

Yep...

How did you quantify that?