Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
#1ATLFALCONSFAN

Blockbuster Trade on Draft Night

94 posts in this topic

From the Jets Wire (USA Today):

Scenario 1: Jets get Falcons EDGE Vic Beasley, 2020 first

The Jets need a pass rusher and could get one at a very cheap price in a theoretical trade with the Falcons. In Barnwell’s mock draft, the Jets would give up their third overall pick, their fourth-round pick and a conditional 2020 draft pick for edge rusher Vic Beasley, the 14th overall pick and a 2020 first-round pick.

This trade would be hard to pull off for many reasons, but it actually makes sense for the Jets. Not only would they acquire a solid, young edge rusher in Beasley, but they’d also stay in the first half of the draft and pick up another first-round pick to boot.

I wouldn't mind this at all assuming we'd have our choice of Bosa, Williams, or Allen. The fourth round pick makes things very interesting as DQ & TD have proven an ability to find talent in later rounds. Of course you don't want to give up a first next year, but we'd get a Day 1 impact player and potential all-pro....not to mention we'd let go of the dead weight known as Vic Measley.

Thoughts?

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/18/jets-aj-green-vic-beasley-espn-all-trades-mock-2019-nfl-draft/

Atl Falcon and GreggT like this

If the deal is Vic,  our #14 and a 1st next season I'd do it no question. Bring in Quinnen and have ths money to pay Grady long term. Would have a devastating DT combo for years and the rest of the draft untouched. 

If they ask for more picks this year I'm leaning towards not doing it. Nothing before the 4th. 

3 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

If the deal is Vic,  our #14 and a 1st next season I'd do it no question. Bring in Quinnen and have ths money to pay Grady long term. Would have a devastating DT combo for years and the rest of the draft untouched. 

If they ask for more picks this year I'm leaning towards not doing it. Nothing before the 4th. 

That's a terrible trade.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

In this scenario I’d go for one of those edge guys.

Your losing Beasley gotta replace it with the best talent available at that position being it Allen or Bosa.

If Bosa fell to #3 due to a trade for a QB, the move would be genius. 

PokerSteve likes this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, atljbo said:

The only way the jets trade there pick is to get a 2nd round pick.. this year

That's an immediate non starter. You (and them if they'd ask for that) would be completely over valuing a #3 pick in a draft. No way is a pick just 11 spots higher worth our  14 pick,  a 2nd this year,  a 1st next year and a starting OLB with elite speed that was once a league sack leader. That's just too much. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

Just now, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

If Bosa fell to #3 due to a trade for a QB, the move would be genius. 

It’s a hard one for me because if your giving away next years 1 you have to be sure who your taking this year is better than anyone coming out next.

Also when we have a team built like we are,draft picks are gold.Having more of them is better for us because we have a better % at landing and developing talent and it makes the decision to let good players hit FA not so hard to bare.

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

That's an immediate non starter. You're and them would be completely over valuing a #3 pick in a draft. No way is a pick just 11 spots higher worth our  14 pick,  a 2nd this year,  a 1st next year and a starting OLB with elite speed that was once a league sack leader. That's just too much. 

They don't have a 2nd round pick this year.. that's what they're trying to get back IF they do a trade

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Giving up Beasley and 2 firsts is the dumbest thing td could do

Agreed. 

7 minutes ago, atljbo said:

They don't have a 2nd round pick this year.. that's what they're trying to get back IF they do a trade

Then next years 1st will need to come out the deal. The combined value of Vic,  our 1st and 2nd is more than the #3 overall 

Ergo Proxy and FalconJim like this

11 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It’s a hard one for me because if your giving away next years 1 you have to be sure who your taking this year is better than anyone coming out next.

Also when we have a team built like we are,draft picks are gold.Having more of them is better for us because we have a better % at landing and developing talent and it makes the decision to let good players hit FA not so hard to bare.

That's a fair point, but it's also why I believe we'll trade up. I don't recall us ever drafting 9 players, and having as many picks this year gives us more ammo to do so. Plus we know how much TD aka Trader Thomas like's trading up (Julio, Trufant, Takk) 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

Why would we give them a player, #14 and a 2020 first to go up 11 spots?

We'd be getting trade raped. Yea, it'd be nice to avoid Vic's salary, but we already passed on that out.

PokerSteve likes this

**** yeah right away let's go Q.Williams bye bye Vic . Draft Ximines or Ferguson in the 2nd or 3rd. With ledbetter with one if those 4th round picks.

39 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Not giving up our #1 next year.  Just can’t do it.

Youre also losing Vic’s 7-10 sacks he will get with Quinn calling the defense

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Not giving up our #1 next year.  Just can’t do it.

Youre also losing Vic’s 7-10 sacks he will get with Quinn calling the defense

Vic is not a 7-10 sack guy no matter who is coaching. It's been proven. 

We don't get high picks usually because we're usually a playoff team. A #14, a mid-20s pick and Vic for a dominant DT or DE prospect. 

Atl Falcon and #1ATLFALCONSFAN like this

4 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Trading away a first is so forbidden lol. Someone please name more than 4 impact players we've drafted in the 1st round in the past decade? 

Julio, Tru, Jake, Neal, Ridley

Jury still out on Takk

Even Weatherspoon and Beasley have contributed in meaningful ways.

The only legitimate bust over that span was Jerry.

1 minute ago, RubberDucky said:

Julio, Tru, Jake, Neal, Ridley

Jury still out on Takk

Even Weatherspoon and Beasley have contributed in meaningful ways.

The only legitimate bust over that span was Jerry.

I'd like to see more than crushing hits out of Neal, but I suppose that's what he was drafted for. 

13 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Trading away a first is so forbidden lol. Someone please name more than 4 impact players we've drafted in the 1st round in the past decade? 

Calvin, Tak, Neal, Matthews, Beasley, Trufant, and Julio.

Ergo Proxy and citsalp like this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, EB2124 said:

Calvin, Tak, Neal, Matthews, Beasley, Trufant, and Julio.

Smh

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN