ya_boi_j

Love Takk

153 posts in this topic

But if we’re being honest this is what leads to the player bashing. Players putting the expectations out there, not us. As soon as it doesn’t happen people are going to light his *** up and I don’t know if he can handle that. Hope he does get those sacks and keeps the momentum for more than 7 games

Last time he predicted he was going to harass big Ben, and Ben out ran him towards the sideline for a first down and Takk came up gimpy. It subsequently ended his sack streak and I think he might have had only one more sack since. 

Yeah let's chill with the predictions and just show up on the field.

I love the confidence tho lol.

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That’s not dog. That’s goofy

It comes with the territory. You want a player (Takk) that sets a crazy goal even if it looks dumb and wants to go after it? Or do you prefer a player (Vic) who doesn’t give a sheet at all whether he performs or not? 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

But if we’re being honest this is what leads to the player bashing. Players putting the expectations out there, not us. As soon as it doesn’t happen people are going to light his *** up and I don’t know if he can handle that. Hope he does get those sacks and keeps the momentum for more than 7 games

I read that as if he meant the whole defense...I don't see a problem. LOVE his confidence

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

1 minute ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I read that as if he meant the whole defense...I don't see a problem. LOVE his confidence

I didn’t say I had an issue with his confidence or that it was a problem. I said this is what makes us bash the players. They set the expectations then we turn around and get the blame for being disappointed when they aren’t met

Bunchy Carter and PokerSteve like this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I didn’t say I had an issue with his confidence or that it was a problem. I said this is what makes us bash the players. They set the expectations then we turn around and get the blame for being disappointed when they aren’t met

No doubt, I wasn't accusing you of any of that. I was agreeing with you and adding my own two cents.

ya_boi_j likes this

12 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

It comes with the territory. You want a player (Takk) that sets a crazy goal even if it looks dumb and wants to go after it? Or do you prefer a player (Vic) who doesn’t give a sheet at all whether he performs or not? 

Has nothing to do with Vic, but if you like this peculiar behavior then it is indicative of what we now have.

ya_boi_j likes this

11 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

No doubt, I wasn't accusing you of any of that. I was agreeing with you and adding my own two cents.

It’s just something about unproven guys who talk. If he’s talking about the group then he writes a check they gotta cash for him. If he’s talking about himself he has to write that check and not look stupid afterwards. The young guys gotta learn what humble means. 

We play the Vikings the first game. It’s very possible, especially with their O-line not being the best.

4 minutes ago, Cole World said:

We play the Vikings the first game. It’s very possible, especially with their O-line not being the best.

And IIRC he got 2 sacks the last time those 2 teams met.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

1 sack 2 seasons ago. Now you’re making the mistake most of us make by comparing what happened years ago to now. 

Exactly. This has been my whole theme this off season. Showing this odd groundhogs day thing we have. It’s a part of the culture.

Flying Falcon and ya_boi_j like this

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Exactly. This has been my whole theme this off season. Showing this odd groundhogs day thing we have. It’s a part of the culture.

No doubt. I think that's one thing we're all guilty of

24 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

This is why I switched it up. Decided to no longer have a prejudice based on the size a RB 

Yeah that right lol. Almost forgot about that.

Knight of God likes this