Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hurry_Up_And_Buy

Daniel Jones reminds me of Matt Ryan

11 posts in this topic

Is it just me or does this guy remind you of Matt a little bit? 

Pushes the ball. Just adequate arm-strength. Above-average accuracy. Understands adjusting to pressure due to offensive line breakdowns. Stares down receivers but still delivers the ball. I like this guy. Even his back-shoulder fade throw is better than Matt's was back at BC. He's also a little faster on his feet. B)

octoslash and Falconsin2012 like this

As a long time Georgia Tech fan, I saw both guys play in college live. No offense to Daniel Jones who is a good player, but Matt Ryan was on a different level in college. I still have nightmares about what he did to us on a prime time game. We blitzed him all game long and put a beating on him but he always got rid of it just on time. His ability to anticipate the blitz and get rid of it on time where the best I had seen in person. Nothing flashy but he shredded us that game. 

Matt Ryan also elevated Boston College to #2 in the nation.

32 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

As a long time Georgia Tech fan, I saw both guys play in college live. No offense to Daniel Jones who is a good player, but Matt Ryan was on a different level in college. I still have nightmares about what he did to us on a prime time game. We blitzed him all game long and put a beating on him but he always got rid of it just on time. His ability to anticipate the blitz and get rid of it on time where the best I had seen in person. Nothing flashy but he shredded us that game. 

Yeah. Similar but not the same. I still have nightmares. 

Hurry_Up_And_Buy and JDaveG like this

I really wish the Falcons would let M Ryan run the offense like how Peyton Manning did at the LOS.  Line up the team and then make audibles at the LOS to take advantage of the defense's alignment.  Sark did not like to do this.  Seems like Ryan was doing this a lot when we made our Super Bowl run. 

2 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

I really wish the Falcons would let M Ryan run the offense like how Peyton Manning did at the LOS.  Line up the team and then make audibles at the LOS to take advantage of the defense's alignment.  Sark did not like to do this.  Seems like Ryan was doing this a lot when we made our Super Bowl run. 

Ryan’s best years have been when he hasn’t had full audible authority

16 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I saw that game as well. The Jacket corners were playing very well, very tight. Matt Ryan just threw it over the other shoulder seems like every time. I like Daniel Jones and agree on the skills being the same type but I don't think he's a Matt Ryan.