Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PriMeTiiMe

PrimeTiime Mock Draft 1.0

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In this scenario Ed Oliver goes in the top 7. Trading up for him is not an option. After looking at the board we decide to move down.

Falcons trade Back in 1st with Indy. Indy falls in love with one of the WR or DT prospects in this draft and move up to get one.

Falcons Receive: 1st (26), 2nd (59), 4th (129)

Falcons Picks after trade (11 in total):
1st - 26
2nd - 45
2nd - 59
3rd - 79
4th - 117
4th - 129
4th - 137
5th - 152
5th - 172
6th - 186
7th - 230

Falcons Biggest Needs In my opinion (In no particular order)

RT, DE, DT, LB, CB, S

1st (26) - Jeffery Simmons (DT)
Image result for jeffery simmons
Simmons is a top 10 talent and as of right now we are not exactly desperate for a DT with Grady, Davidson, Senat and Crawford. Simmons can recover from his injury and even if we don't get to see him in action until 2020 we are getting an elite level talent at the end of the 1st round who can replace Grady down the road if we are unable to re-sign him.

2nd (45) - Jaylon Ferguson (DE)
Image result for jaylon ferguson\
One thing I hate about pass rushers is when they only have 1 year worth or production. Jaylon produced all 4 years in college against fairly good competition. He lives in the backfield getting tons of TFL. He needs to convert the fat into muscle but the kid is a gamer.

2nd (59) - Tytus Howard (RT)
Image result for tytus howard
He won't start as a rookie allowing him time to develop. Ty will start at RT this year and then Tytus will take over in 2020. Tytus has all the tools in the world to be an extremely gifted lineman for us.

2nd (64) - Darnell Savage (S/CB)  
Image result for darnell savage
**TRADE UP** Falcons Send 3rd Round Pick #79 and 4th round Pick #117 for Patriots pick #64
I love this kid. He can do it all. Play S, CB or LB. Between Savage and Kazee we have 2 very versatile players that can play multiple positions in the secondary.

3rd (96) - Vosean Joseph (WLB)
Image result for vosean joseph
**TRADE UP** Falcons send 4th round Picks #129 & #137 + 5th Round Pick #172 for Redskins Pick #96
Vosean can challenge Foye as a rookie for the starting spot and provide valuable depth we need at the 2nd level of the defense. He will be far better in the NFL at WILL.

5th (152) - Jimmy Moreland (CB)
Image result for jimmy moreland
Nickel back all the way. Learned about this kid from the boards and fell in love with his tape. Another play maker in the secondary which is something we so desperately need.

6th (186) - Bryce Love (RB)
Image result for bryce love
Tevin Coleman replacement. I would not mind a power back but if Bryce Love is there in the 6th he is too good to pass up coming back from injury or not. Free and Ito are the same exact type of backs we need something different. I don't see Hill, Barner, or Langford being any sort of serious competition for the 3rd RB spot.

7th (230) - Terry Godwin (WR)
Image result for terry godwin
More of a 5th-6th round guy and he certainly helped himself at the East/West game but he doesn't do anything great which could lead to him still being there in the 7th. Would compete with Gage for the #5/6 spot.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
SpongeDad and FalconsIn2012 like this

I really like this draft but I was also thinking if it might be possible to sacrifice 2 2nd round picks and a 3rd to move back up to the 1st round and get a DE like Burns or something. That be aswesome

I am just against using our first round pick on a player who is not going to be able to help us right away.

With all those picks, we should just trade up for a high second round pick and get Simmons there.

Use that first round pick on an impact player.  

Vandy likes this

9 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

I am just against using our first round pick on a player who is not going to be able to help us right away.

With all those picks, we should just trade up for a high second round pick and get Simmons there.

Right that first pick should have been Dexter Lawrence at 26.

duckhoa likes this

So our 1st pick and 3rd picks wouldn't even start this year and our 2nd pick would be competing with incumbent starters for time. Meaning none of them would be full time starters. 

Not a fan of of that at all. 

I love Savage and Joseph but we have to get at least 2 impact starters out of this draft. 

Not sure why everything thinks that Simmons won't make it in time to play. I believe I have seen several reports saying he will be ready for the start of the NFL season. 

very bland draft for the wealth of picks you would have. I highly doubt our 1st round player won't be someone who starts day 1 week 1

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Right that first pick should have been Dexter Lawrence at 26.

Lawrence is nowhere close to as good as Simmons. I'd take the far better player over the "i can play right away" player that will be far worse over the course of his career. Simmons is easily a top 10 pick if not top 5 without the injury. No way I would pass on that at the end of the 1st.

2 hours ago, duckhoa said:

See Above. I don't think he falls out of the 1st. A Team like the Patriots will draft him in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, RYNE said:

Not a fan. My first rounder has to be ready to play now otherwise I’m out 

See Above

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Love the picks...not necessarily how you got them.  I really think Simmons will be there in the 2nd.  Not many teams have a roster healthy enough to shelve a 1st round pick until December. I’d love him at #45

See above. Just don't see him lasting until the 2nd.

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

So our 1st pick and 3rd picks wouldn't even start this year and our 2nd pick would be competing with incumbent starters for time. Meaning none of them would be full time starters. 

Not a fan of of that at all. 

I love Savage and Joseph but we have to get at least 2 impact starters out of this draft. 

Simmons may play this year. No one really knows. Either way he is worth the wait. We aren't picking him in the top 10. Were getting a player that is a top 5 talent at the end of the 1st. Again, Worth the wait. Tytus can certainly start as a rookie. Lets not pretend Ty is some monster of a RT. I would expect Tytus to learn for a year but I would not put it past him being able to start as a rookie either. Multiple players in this draft would make an impact year 1.

1 hour ago, Romfal said:

very bland draft for the wealth of picks you would have. I highly doubt our 1st round player won't be someone who starts day 1 week 1

Did we not draft Takk knowing he was hurt? Still to this day I don't think theirs been a week he has not had some sort of injury. Heck he missed week 2 of his rookie season.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I love everything except the 1st pick. No

because of the injury or because of the player?

2 hours ago, FalconBlood23 said:

I really like this draft but I was also thinking if it might be possible to sacrifice 2 2nd round picks and a 3rd to move back up to the 1st round and get a DE like Burns or something. That be aswesome

Burns reminds me way too much of Beasley. No dog. Relies on his athletic ability far too often. Only move is his spin. Sound familiar?

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
duckhoa and vitaman like this

4 hours ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Burns will likely be gone before 14

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Lawrence is nowhere close to as good as Simmons. I'd take the far better player over the "i can play right away" player that will be far worse over the course of his career. Simmons is easily a top 10 pick if not top 5 without the injury. No way I would pass on that at the end of the 1st.

See Above. I don't think he falls out of the 1st. A Team like the Patriots will draft him in a heartbeat.

See Above

See above. Just don't see him lasting until the 2nd.

Simmons may play this year. No one really knows. Either way he is worth the wait. We aren't picking him in the top 10. Were getting a player that is a top 5 talent at the end of the 1st. Again, Worth the wait. Tytus can certainly start as a rookie. Lets not pretend Ty is some monster of a RT. I would expect Tytus to learn for a year but I would not put it past him being able to start as a rookie either. Multiple players in this draft would make an impact year 1.

Did we not draft Takk knowing he was hurt? Still to this day I don't think theirs been a week he has not had some sort of injury. Heck he missed week 2 of his rookie season.

because of the injury or because of the player?

Burns reminds me way too much of Beasley. No dog. Relies on his athletic ability far too often. Only move is his spin. Sound familiar?

Both

I really like the selection of players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

It is good to see someone willing to do something about our LB depth.

Thanks Primetime!!

Trade down 12 spots and pick up a 2nd and a 4th??....YES I'm on board with that!

I actually like Simmons as a player but I'm not taking a player in the first round that probably won't play this year.  A first round guy needs to be a solid contributor year 1.  I'd be OK taking him in the 2nd though, especially if we added an extra 2nd.  I bet if you tweaked your draft to take a DE or OT in round 1, then Simmons at 45, then the DE/OT at 59 most folks would love the draft.

I like the rest of the draft too.