g-dawg

G-Dawg: "I'm bored" Trade Down Mock Draft

112 posts in this topic

ok, after listening to Tony Pauline - podcast link: https://bleav.com/podcast/who-will-the-new-york-jets-target/  (starts at 17:15-ish on Falcons)  - who correctly predicted Falcons would take Keanu Neal at #17(2016) and trade up for Takk McKinley(2017) - I feel like I have a good understanding when taking that and knowing what the Falcons WANTED to do in 2018 (draft or trade-up 5-10 spots and draft Da'Ron Payne).

NEEDS - Falcons are looking specifically at 4 spots (in this particular order):

1. Cornerback - Falcons have worked out or visited w/ a lot of corners.   We have seen the Falcons heavily mentioned w/ the physical specimen from Houston - Isaiah Johnson - who is almost 6'2" and runs a 4.4/40 - still a little raw.   We also have met w/ or worked out Joejuan Williams who has freakish size but a little slow and not a twitchy athlete.   Pauline has linked us with Sean Bunting who myself and @ike barn87987  have been on for awhile.
  2. Defensive Tackle - as Pauline stated, Falcons were really high on Da'Ron Payne last year but never even got the chance to trade up for him when Washington unexpectedly plucked him early around pick#13.    Rather than take the next defensive tackle (Taven Bryan), they went against need and took the best value on the board in Calvin Ridley - and most of us are glad that we did.  The "Plan B" was 0/1-Tech Deadrin Senat in the 3rd round who is a good rotational player but doesn't look right now to be starting quality - of course he could and hopefully will likely improve from his rookie year - which was OK.   Still, Falcons need to improve the passrush and they need more from the interior spot there towards pushing the pocket and also need to improve run-stopping.
  3. EDGE Rusher/ Defensive End - theoretically, the Falcons should have this covered w/ Vic Beasley(5th yr option) and Takk - but as we all know, both have their warts.   Beasley is what he is - a rather one dimensional pass rusher that doesn't offer much outside pass rush - very athletic but just underpowered and the NFL has figured him out - Vic hasn't made any adjustments to get better and it feels like the Falcons are just biding their time with him in 2019 to buy themselves some time to figure out his replacement.  Takk McKinley has some dog in him - some bull - but he seems to struggle w/ injuries and inconsistency.   Top that off with some mental issues and then it is hard to totally feel comfortable w/ him either.   Besides those two we have some nice back-up/rotational pieces in Adrian Clayborn(1yr deal), Jack Crawford(hybrid DT/DE - good when healthy) and Means/Odom who are still trying to make a name for themselves.
  4.  Offensive Line (OT/C/OG) -   Falcons have a huge need to get younger at all positions(save LT) on the offensive line.  Our only 2 bedrock players are Matthews and Mack and Mack has - at best - probably two years left with the team.   It would be nice to draft his replacement this year.   Much has been made about the signings of OGs Jamon Brown and James Carpenter and the re-signing of Ty Sambrailo - but none of those three feel like a sure thing - we are hopeful for all three but wouldn't be surprised to get three totally different outcomes there.   Fusco is now an expensive backup.  Some TATF'rs want to just assume it will all work out w/ the offensive line - but my opinion is that is not the proper way to go and looking at the visits and workouts, I don't see the Falcons going that way either.

The FALCONS have 9 picks - I see them being a little more cognizant this year of where their targets might be projected to go and maybe try and move around the board to come up with three players they are really high on - as opposed to focusing on just one.    So, here is my latest WILD - *** - GUESS as to what the Falcons might do:

"I present to you...the 2019 NFL Draft - Country music style!"

Image result for 2019 nfl draft nashville

Related image

Roger Goodell steps to the podium..."Welcome to Nashville, Tennesse - The Arizona Cardinals are on the clock:

1. Arizona Cardinals - Kyler Murray, QB - Oklahoma
  2. San Francisco 49rs - Nick Bosa, DE - Ohio State
  3. NY Jets - Josh Allen, DE - Kentucky
  4. Oakland Raiders - Quinnen Williams, DT - Alabama
  5. Tampa Bay Bucs - Ed Oliver, DT - Houston
  6. NY Giants - Montez Sweat, DE - Miss. State
  7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jonah Williams, OT - Alabama
  8. Detroit Lions - Rashan Gary, DE - Michigan
  9. Buffalo Bills - T.J. Hockenson, TE - Iowa
  10. Denver Broncos - Devin White, LB - LSU
  11. Cincinnati Bengals - Dwayne Haskins, QB - Ohio State
  12. Green Bay Packers - Andre Dillard, OT - Washington State
  13. Miami Dolphins - Jawaan Taylor, OT - Florida

"We have a trade... the OAKLAND RAIDERS are now on the clock"

Image result for roger goodell announcing Falcons pick

TRADE DETAILS:   "The Atlanta Falcons trade their 1st round pick(#14 - 1,100pts), 3rd round pick(#79 - 195pts), 4th round pick(#117 - 60pts) and 2020 4th round pick to the Oakland Raiders (1,415pts total).   The Oakland Raiders trade 1st round picks (#24 - 740pts) and (#27 - 680pts) to the Atlanta Falcons (1,420pts total).  

WHY OAKLAND DOES THIS TRADE:    It will only happen if  Gruden/Mayock's player is on the board when Falcons are on the clock.  Raiders want to get the stench of the KHALIL MACK trade off of them as quick as possible.   If Raiders could add maybe/arguably the best pure edge in the draft in Brian Burns - I could see them preferring that to taking leftover passrushers or linebackers in the 20's.  If Burns is off the board, I don't see them doing it.

"With the 14th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select...........BRIAN BURNS, Defensive End - Florida State"

Image result for ROGER GOODELL ANNOUNCING RAIDERS PICK

Image result for brian burns fsu

15 Arizona Cardinals (Trade from Redskins for Josh Rosen) - Christian Wilkins, DT - Clemson

16. Carolina Panthers - Clelin Ferrell, DE - Clemson

17. New York Giants - Daniel Jones, QB - Duke

18. Minnesota Vikings - Cody Ford, OG/OT - Oklahoma

19. Tennessee Titans - Eric McCoy, C/OG - Texas A&M

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Devin Bush, LB - Michigan

21. Seattle Seahawks - Nassir Adderly, FS - Delaware

22. Baltimore Ravens - D.K. Metcalf, WR - Ole Miss

23. Houston Texans - Dalton Risner, OT - Kansas State

"24.(f/ OAK) The Atlanta Falcons are now back on the clock..."

Image result for roger goodell at podium when falcons pick

"With the 24th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcon select...DEXTER LAWRENCE,  DT - Clemson

Image result for dexter lawrence

Why Atlanta Does the Trade:   Basically they have two 1st round targets and both they can get later in the first round

G-Dawg explanation of the pick:  As many of you know who have followed me on the board, I have consistently said "Like the Player, don't like the Value" with Dexter Lawrence at #14.  Even said, "don't like him as a first round pick as I don't think he has enough passrush in him" - I have even argued and belabored the point - all true.   Also, I have just recently been listening to Tony Pauline a lot - he's the plugged in reporter that both correctly predicted the Falcons would take Keanu Neal with their first round pick in 2016 and also predicted the Falcons were interested in Takk McKinley and might trade up to get him.    Tony also was the first to report the Falcons #1 target in last year's draft was DA'RON PAYNE and Falcons would have traded up to take him - also said when PAYNE came off the board earlier than expected, Falcons broke from need and took the highest player on their board in CALVIN RIDLEY over the 2nd DT on their board (Taven Bryan).  While the Falcons did go on to later select Deadrin Senat in 3rd round (and I still believe Falcons are happy w/ him as a rotational player) - Pauline went onto describe and said scouts have said that DEXTER LAWRENCE is a more athletic NT/1-Tech than PAYNE.   He's obviously bigger as well.   I was a big proponent of trading up for Payne last year - I wish I could have seen Lawrence in the CFP this year but it wasn't to be.  I would like to see more passrush out of Lawrence and now believe he has more in him and we just need DQ - who would be his position coach and DC to get it out of him.  Anyway, if Dexter Lawrence is in fact a better prospect than Da'Ron Payne - then I am all for it.  One thing that is confusing to me is Pauline said the Falcons hadn't been linked to LAWRENCE but I am fairly sure we have and met w/ him at combine, etc - I bet we have had an unannounced workout but who really knows.

25.  Philadelphia Eagles - Byron Murphy, CB - Washington

26. Indianapolis Colts - Jerry Tillery, DT - Notre Dame

"With the 27th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft,the Atlanta Falcon select...CHRIS LINDSTROM, OG/OT - Boston Col"

Image result for chris lindstrom vs clemson

G-Dawg explanation of the pick:   OK, I realize about 50% of you are throwing your beer cans at the screen now.   "We just signed two offensive guards in free agency that are planned starters in James Carpenter and Jamon Brown and - dammit G-Dawg - here you go trading draft capital for a FREAKING GUARD!!!!"   - did I just capture your emotions there?  close?  I thought so.   Lindstrom is a stud - he's athletic and HAS played Right Tackle and has the mental make-up to play Center.  I know he doesn't have ideal arm length for Right Tackle (34 1/8") but it's longer than both Jonah Williams and Dalton Risner who are swing tackle/guard prospects.   Lindstrom would project as likely our starting RT in 2019 but with versatility - he would start somewhere else if Ty Sambrailo ended up at RT.  Very nasty player that is both a technician and tough as nails and with athleticism.

#2-045)  Isaiah Johnson, CB - Houston

Image result for isaiah johnson cb houston

#3-79)  Traded to OAKLAND RAIDERS

#4-117) Traded to OAKLAND RAIDERS

#4-137) Jimmy Moreland, CB - James Madison 

Image result for jimmy moreland jmu

G-Dawg explanation of the pick:  Here is our much needed slot corner w/ the departures of Brian Poole and Robert Alford who sometimes filled that role.   Ballhawk with quick COD and good enough speed.

#5-152) Austin Bryant, DE - Clemson

Image result for austin bryant clemson

G-Dawg explanation of the pick:   Austin Bryant was by far the #4 option/player on the ELITE Clemson defense.  He doesn't have one standout physical trait but does everything well and has plus size for the position - he has "moldable traits" - and, at worst can be a back-up passrusher for 3-4 years and at best, could develop into rotational player or starter.  Good Gamble here in the mid 5th round.

#5-172) Diontae Johnson, WR - Toledo

Image result for diontae johnson toledo

G-Dawg explanation for the pick:   There are several different ways the Falcons could go with drafting a back-up WR who has PR/KR ability.    Mecole Hardiman, Penny Hart are a couple of other guys that come to mind.   The Falcons have scouted and met w/ Diontae and I like what I see on tape.   Electrifying w/ the football, good returner and had a few TDs on returns and very good outlet receiver that can turn short passes into long gains.

#6-186) Elijah Holyfield, RB - Georgia

Image result for elijah holyfield

G-Dawg explanation of the pick:  Falcons need a hammer to go with Freeman and Ito.   Don't know right now if Brian Hill is in the long-term plans or not.   I realize HOLYFIELD'S 4.75/40 is "good gawd" slow.   All I know is when I turn on the tape and watch him play - he looks fast enough.   I was never on the bandwagon when folks were saying "take HOLY in the 2nd round, or take HOLY in the 3rd round" - as I don't think he has good COD skill and he's not much of a passcatcher - but neither was Chubb in Dawgs system and he had a great year catching the ball in his rook season w/ the Browns.  At worst, Holyfield can play special teams.  At best, Holyfield could be a "poor man's Mark Ingram" and split carries and be a tandem back.  This is the point in the draft where you look for role players and Holyfield has opportunity to play multiple roles for the Falcons.

#7-230) Deonte Roberts, LB -- Rutgers

Related image

G-Dawg explanation for the pick:  this is just another "Dan Quinn Special" - a quick play-making linebacker that DQ can plug into his system and make a player - in the same vein as Foye and Devondre'.

ATLANTA FALCONS DRAFT SUMMARY:    I see this draft with the trade in two parts basically -

PART ONE: the first three picks (#24, #27, #45) is one draft and the remaining Day 3 picks are another draft.  The whole purpose of this draft was to get THREE GUYS that are all potentially very high on the Falcons draft board and they all fill very specific needs and really the top needs.   All three of these players bring things that the offense and defense needs - LAWRENCE and LINDSTROM add "the nasty" that our defenses need to help the overall lines be BULLIES instead of the ones BEING BULLIED.   So those two first round picks achieve the off-season goals.    Drafting Isaiah Johnson to eventually pair with Isaiah Oliver is Dan Quinn's makeover of the back-end of the Falcons defense more in the Seattle style - longer/more physical corners that can play press-man coverage - these two guys to go along w/ the other two drafted by Quinn (Neal/Kazee) give him the four he can mold/shape going forward.

PART TWO: the last 5 picks (#137, #152, #172, #186, #230) is about bringing in guys that can contribute on special teams early and play back-up roles while some of them show traits that could be developed into starters.   Most of these will likely be role players and it is fair to expect that 1-2 could be busts.   No one ever hits on all picks - especially day 3 picks but you are looking for traits, looking for the right desire/attitude and you are looking for physical players that have a desire to get to another level in their game.

Played high school ball with Austin Bryant. Was a backup QB to Adam Choice, a now running back also at Clemson. He's a cool dude. Didn't start playing D till his junior year and just happened to be really good. Lol. Wish him the best

g-dawg likes this

regarding LINDSTROM - it should be noted that Falcons took a big contingent of their scouting department up to Boston and worked out several of their prospects there but presumably Lindstrom was of particular interest.

Falcons_Frenzy likes this

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I like everything except CB in the second

But even if this went down... I wouldn't be upset....nice work as usual

Pauline seemed to indicate he thought the Falcons were interested in CB Sean Bunting - I like him a lot but the reports I have seen have us heavily linked to Houston CB Isaiah Johnson.

ALSO, should be noted that I didn't necessarily run this draft from the perspective of what I would do - but I do like it of course - but Falcons have been linked to all of these players - especially those first three.

RING OF HONOR likes this

Not bad.  I'd take a different 1B, but it's a fun mock.

Lawrence is very interesting to me.  Hasn't shown a lot of pass rush, but had a lot of sacks as a freshman.  Has good agility.  Has long arms.  I feel like if he plays at 325, you might be able to get legitimate pass rush out of him, but I haven't seen it, just seems like you should be able to.

I guess worst case you've got yourself a legitimate NT who can occasionally even play 5T.  So it's a valuable player.  If you can take a couple of his traits and convert them to pass rush, then you have an all around DT...which would be amazing.

Edit:  BTW, can you link the Pauline stuff you've been listening to/reading?

g-dawg likes this

Love the trade down.... 

Is the LB class really that weak, that we can not get a good one in the second to 4th round?

Posted (edited)

Really like this.  This inspired me to think, what If it was possible to get Wilkins, then trade back up in the 1st for Lawrence, and then get Bryant in the 3rd. 

We'd have 3 of 4 of Clemson's National Championship DL ready to continue on together at the next level.  Add in Jarrett, and the Falcons would just change their colors to Black and Orange.

Edited by Maltese Falcon
duckhoa and Ergo Proxy like this

26 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Love that Trade. If only the Raiders would do it.... I was thinking up a scenario where we trade back to early 20s, picking up another 3rd and, then use that 3rd and our 2nd to move up to the end of round 1. In my scenario I'd take Dex around 20 and Deandre Baker around 26 but, Davison through a monkey wrench in things. 

With the addition of Davision, if we draft a Dex in the 1st, who the heck gets cut? Cuz we probably aint keeping 5/6 of them. 

1 minute ago, The O.D.B said:

Love that Trade. If only the Raiders would do it.... I was thinking up a scenario where we trade back to early 20s, picking up another 3rd and, then use that 3rd and our 2nd to move up to the end of round 1. In my scenario I'd take Dex around 20 and Deandre Baker around 26 but, Davison through a monkey wrench in things. 

With the addition of Davision, if we draft a Dex in the 1st, who the heck gets cut? Cuz we probably aint keeping 5/6 of them. 

It's a fair point.   I just keep coming back to Davison is a 1-yr signing so we shouldn't count on him being here in 2020.   Going into a draft, you never know who is going to be available or if we would secure Dex.    It could be that Grady could be used in more creative ways on the edge as a 5-tech or something as well.

The O.D.B and Tim Mazetti like this

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

ok, after listening to Tony Pauline - who correctly predicted Falcons would take Keanu Neal at #17(2016) and trade up for Takk McKinley(2017) - I feel like I have a good understanding when taking that and knowing what the Falcons WANTED to do in 2018 (draft or trade-up 5-10 spots and draft Da'Ron Payne).

NEEDS - Falcons are looking specifically at 4 spots (in this particular order):

1. Cornerback - Falcons have worked out or visited w/ a lot of corners.   We have seen the Falcons heavily mentioned w/ the physical specimen from Houston - Isaiah Johnson - who is almost 6'2" and runs a 4.4/40 - still a little raw.   We also have met w/ or worked out Joejuan Williams who has freakish size but a little slow and not a twitchy athlete.   Pauline has linked us with Sean Bunting who myself and @ike barn87987  have been on for awhile.
  2. Defensive Tackle - as Pauline stated, Falcons were really high on Da'Ron Payne last year but never even got the chance to trade up for him when Washington unexpectedly plucked him early around pick#13.    Rather than take the next defensive tackle (Taven Bryan), they went against need and took the best value on the board in Calvin Ridley - and most of us are glad that we did.  The "Plan B" was 0/1-Tech Deadrin Senat in the 3rd round who is a good rotational player but doesn't look right now to be starting quality - of course he could and hopefully will likely improve from his rookie year - which was OK.   Still, Falcons need to improve the passrush and they need more from the interior spot there towards pushing the pocket and also need to improve run-stopping.
  3. EDGE Rusher/ Defensive End - theoretically, the Falcons should have this covered w/ Vic Beasley(5th yr option) and Takk - but as we all know, both have their warts.   Beasley is what he is - a rather one dimensional pass rusher that doesn't offer much outside pass rush - very athletic but just underpowered and the NFL has figured him out - Vic hasn't made any adjustments to get better and it feels like the Falcons are just biding their time with him in 2019 to buy themselves some time to figure out his replacement.  Takk McKinley has some dog in him - some bull - but he seems to struggle w/ injuries and inconsistency.   Top that off with some mental issues and then it is hard to totally feel comfortable w/ him either.   Besides those two we have some nice back-up/rotational pieces in Adrian Clayborn(1yr deal), Jack Crawford(hybrid DT/DE - good when healthy) and Means/Odom who are still trying to make a name for themselves.
  4.  Offensive Line (OT/C/OG) -   Falcons have a huge need to get younger at all positions(save LT) on the offensive line.  Our only 2 bedrock players are Matthews and Mack and Mack has - at best - probably two years left with the team.   It would be nice to draft his replacement this year.   Much has been made about the signings of OGs Jamon Brown and James Carpenter and the re-signing of Ty Sambrailo - but none of those three feel like a sure thing - we are hopeful for all three but wouldn't be surprised to get three totally different outcomes there.   Fusco is now an expensive backup.  Some TATF'rs want to just assume it will all work out w/ the offensive line - but my opinion is that is not the proper way to go and looking at the visits and workouts, I don't see the Falcons going that way either.

The FALCONS have 9 picks - I see them being a little more cognizant this year of where their targets might be projected to go and maybe try and move around the board to come up with three players they are really high on - as opposed to focusing on just one.    So, here is my latest WILD - *** - GUESS as to what the Falcons might do:

@g-dawg

I like almost all of it....but I think you start off on the wrong foot....

The Falcons have Senat who is only going to play the NT position the next 3 years...and what do the coaches expect from him in Year 2 and beyond? We also just signed a starting caliber NT to rotate with Senat...

I just don't think Dexter is the best use of draft capital b/c I only see him as a NT at the next level...a dominate one...but Falcons went and signed Davison after working out Dexter for a reason...

Also, our only 3T DL on the roster are Crawford and Grady...both of which are FA in 2020...only TD and DQ know where contract negotiations are for GJ...if Crawford has another year like this past year he will have outproduced Grady's last two years...so I don't see us keeping him...which is why I think if we go IDL....it's gonna be a 3T with Base DE/edge ability....

I love the rest of the draft....except for the Holyfield pick...

You are stealing my comments/thoughts on Lindstrom....

Replace the Holyfield pick with your LB (I personally like Cole Holcomb who we've worked out...ran 4.48 at Pro Day and was all over the field for UNC)

I think we do go WR, but I think the WR has return ability so look for your boy Mecole Hardman or my favorite, Marcus Green from ULM (4.39 in 40 and 5 RET TDs)

Lastly, this leaves our 7th rounder for a Punter...yes, you draft the Punter you want with your 7th because it guarantees his rights...You may not get the guy you want to come in and compete (ie replace Bosher) if you hope for him in UDFA....replacing Bosher saves $2 mil on the 2019 cap, which can be used in Debo/Julio extensions...there is no value in keeping Bosher...

I also love the idea of a mid/late round LB...I think we could cut bait with Campbell to save $2.5 mil if needed....I see Foye and Debo as the Nickel package LBs...so that only leaves about 30% of snaps for Campbell....this would be an unpopular move, but would also help with keeping money on front end of extensions...

Lastly, I have wavered on this recently, but I do think the Lindstrom pick would give us ultimate flexibility on the OL...and we wouldnt cut Fusco, but we could cut Wes..that would also save us another $2 million for extensions....it basically is like two picks..but we still could go interor OL later in draft too

The secondary picks are awesome...gives us an outside CB and a  NB ...which I think would let us play Neal at LB in nickel and have Kazee on field a SS...lots of playmakers....

So with all of that said...who would I replace at #24?

I'd swap Lindstrom to #24 and move Isaiah Johnson up to #27 for a WTF?!? moment and then add Chase Winovich?

IDK....its tough...

That's why I actually think if we traded with Raiders, we wouldn't do the two 1sts...I think it would be as simple as #14 and #79 for #24 and #35....???? I also don't think Gruden will find success in mayock if only 2 first roudners out of this draft...I think the swap of draft capital is more legit/realistic option....and they keep three (3) first rounders...

Great job though and thanks for getting rid of the boring until the schedule release....

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
duckhoa likes this

21 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Not bad.  I'd take a different 1B, but it's a fun mock.

Lawrence is very interesting to me.  Hasn't shown a lot of pass rush, but had a lot of sacks as a freshman.  Has good agility.  Has long arms.  I feel like if he plays at 325, you might be able to get legitimate pass rush out of him, but I haven't seen it, just seems like you should be able to.

I guess worst case you've got yourself a legitimate NT who can occasionally even play 5T.  So it's a valuable player.  If you can take a couple of his traits and convert them to pass rush, then you have an all around DT...which would be amazing.

Edit:  BTW, can you link the Pauline stuff you've been listening to/reading?

https://bleav.com/podcast/who-will-the-new-york-jets-target/

start at 17:15 in this podcast he starts talking about Falcons.

Love this draft!!!!!...just not Lindstrom.  Put the ‘Death Adder’ in Lindstrom’s spot please.  It’s perfect then

I would do that trade immediately.  

1 minute ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

@g-dawg

I like almost all of it....but I think you start off on the wrong foot....

The Falcons have Senat who is only going to play the NT position the next 3 years...and what do the coaches expect from him in Year 2 and beyond? We also just signed a starting caliber NT to rotate with Senat...

I just don't think Dexter is the best use of draft capital b/c I only see him as a NT at the next level...a dominate one...but Falcons went and signed Davison after working out Dexter for a reason...

Also, our only 3T DL on the roster are Crawford and Grady...both of which are FA in 2020...only TD and DQ know where contract negotiations are for GJ...if Crawford has another year like this past year he will have outproduced Grady's last two years...so I don't see us keeping him...which is why I think if we go IDL....it's gonna be a 3T with Base DE/edge ability....

I love the rest of the draft....except for the Holyfield pick...

You are stealing my comments/thoughts on Lindstrom....

Replace the Holyfield pick with your LB (I personally like Cole Holcomb who we've worked out...ran 4.48 at Pro Day and was all over the field for UNC)

I think we do go WR, but I think the WR has return ability so look for your boy Mecole Hardman or my favorite, Marcus Green from ULM (4.39 in 40 and 5 RET TDs)

Lastly, this leaves our 7th rounder for a Punter...yes, you draft the Punter you want with your 7th because it guarantees his rights...You may not get the guy you want to come in and compete (ie replace Bosher) if you hope for him in UDFA....replacing Bosher saves $2 mil on the 2019 cap, which can be used in Debo/Julio extensions...there is no value in keeping Bosher...

I also love the idea of a mid/late round LB...I think we could cut bait with Campbell to save $2.5 mil if needed....I see Foye and Debo as the Nickel package LBs...so that only leaves about 30% of snaps for Campbell....this would be an unpopular move, but would also help with keeping money on front end of extensions...

Lastly, I have wavered on this recently, but I do think the Lindstrom pick would give us ultimate flexibility on the OL...and we wouldnt cut Fusco, but we could cut Wes..that would also save us another $2 million for extensions....

The secondary picks are awesome...gives us an outside CB and a  NB ...which I think would let us play Neal at LB in nickel and have Kazee on field a SS...lots of playmakers....

So with all of that said...who would I replace at #24?

I'd swap Lindstrom to #24 and move Isaiah Johnson up to #27 for a WTF?!? moment and then add Chase Winovich?

IDK....its tough...

That's why I actually think if we traded with Raiders, we wouldn't do the two 1sts...I think it would be as simple as #14 and #79 for #24 and #35....????

Great job though and thanks for getting rid of the boring until the schedule release....

What triggered me on DEXTER was when Pauline started comparing him to DaRon Payne and saying he was more athletic than Payne - I freaking love DaRon Payne.

I try not to get too caught up in the "We have Davison now along w/ Senat so we don't need Lawrence" type stuff.   Honestly, Davison and Senat are "just guys" - I mean, they are OK.

If Dexter is not envisioned as a pocket pusher w/ more passrush upside - then I don't want him in the 1st round, either.   I almost think he was underutilized at Clemson due to the abundance of riches - kind of like Ed Oliver at Houston.   As obscene as it sounds, maybe that 340lb NT at Clemson would and could have been lined up in better positions to get at the passer - maybe he could have played more - I don't know - just know he has freakish ability.

I'm not dictating my 1st round pick based on James Carpenter, Jamon Brown, Ty Sambrailo, Tyler Davison or Deadrin Senat.   Anyone that would is a fool.    You look for difference makers and 5-10 yr building blocks in the first round.  I bet you those 5 guys I just named - I bet none of them are on the roster in 2022.

Falconsin2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Love this draft!!!!!...just not Lindstrom.  Put the ‘Death Adder’ in Lindstrom’s spot please.  It’s perfect then

I would do that trade immediately.  

You better run up to Flowery Branch and let them know - it looks like they may "Love them some Lindstrom" ;)

Falconsin2012 likes this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

You better run up to Flowery Branch and let them know - it looks like they may "Love them some Lindstrom" ;)

I know.  I was hoping Zach Allen was their play for going to BC, but I suspect you’re right.

@Knight of God

g-dawg likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I know.  I was hoping Zach Allen was their play for going to BC, but I suspect you’re right.

@Knight of God

I know my buddy KOG hates him.

Lindstrom's a stud though.

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’d prefer Bradbury if still on the board.  

Lindstrom is much more versatile.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

What triggered me on DEXTER was when Pauline started comparing him to DaRon Payne and saying he was more athletic than Payne - I freaking love DaRon Payne.

I try not to get too caught up in the "We have Davison now along w/ Senat so we don't need Lawrence" type stuff.   Honestly, Davison and Senat are "just guys" - I mean, they are OK.

If Dexter is not envisioned as a pocket pusher w/ more passrush upside - then I don't want him in the 1st round, either.   I almost think he was underutilized at Clemson due to the abundance of riches - kind of like Ed Oliver at Houston.   As obscene as it sounds, maybe that 340lb NT at Clemson would and could have been lined up in better positions to get at the passer - maybe he could have played more - I don't know - just know he has freakish ability.

I'm not dictating my 1st round pick based on James Carpenter, Jamon Brown, Ty Sambrailo, Tyler Davison or Deadrin Senat.   Anyone that would is a fool.    You look for difference makers and 5-10 yr building blocks in the first round.  I bet you those 5 guys I just named - I bet none of them are on the roster in 2022.

You are most likley correct...probably Senat ahs best chance...

AS for what you are saying...it will be interesting...that's a lot of dudes on the DL some as high draft picks, others getting paid a lot to see field when only 4 will most likely be on it at any given time....

That's why it wouldnt surpise me one bit for us to have the CB in this scenario?

What I do know is that I'd put the chance of the Falcons trading up for Ed Oliver at about 25%...and after that scenario is out the door...I have no idea what they are going to do...

g-dawg likes this