Francis York Morgan

Free Agency Freakouts

67 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

They do and they don’t at the same time. Has more to do with late round depth. This draft is not very talent rich at all.

So it would be wise to trade up in the middle rounds.. ???

25 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

So it would be wise to trade up in the middle rounds.. ???

I don’t think so, but they are compensating by bringing in a load of guys and most likely a huge load of UDFA.

2 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

This^^^^^^^^^^

Might not draft an OT at all now unless they see a good prospect (LT) fall to them in later rounds.

A possible RB and maybe a WR and I hope a Center..........the remainder could be on D.

Seems to me that all these signings for OL are back-up material. Something they failed at miserably last year. I see it as they will be looking for a starting OT for sure in the draft.

8 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Seems to me that all these signings for OL are back-up material. Something they failed at miserably last year. I see it as they will be looking for a starting OT for sure in the draft.

I disagree, just smoke. Believe it or not they are set at tackle. 

They will be taking a high quality center, probably in the 2nd round.

Draftnut57 likes this

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Wouldn't decimate our draft at all. I do think the idea we're trying to trade up or stockpile Day 2 picks has merit though.

Hate to differ with you but as I said, if we made up the 300-points it would take to make a move-up to #8 this year, it would wipe out a lot of the lower draft picks (#3/#4/#4 or #3/#4/#5/#5/#6). Do the math before talking.

I personally think this all good, they are playing to win it all this year! This is how you do it. Can anyone remember how many games over the last 5-years that were lost from Rookie mistakes? 

1 hour ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Next year is my thinking.

There is an urgency on D this year.

Cheap Talk likes this

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I love Oliver & Williams, but I really wouldn’t trade up for anyone.  

Maybe 2-3 spots up if D. White is still available

Foye-Debo-White..one can dream.

i would  pencil him in for ROY

Bush is much more.polished than White

FalconsIn2020 likes this

2 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Hate to differ with you but as I said, if we made up the 300-points it would take to make a move-up to #8 this year, it would wipe out a lot of the lower draft picks (#3/#4/#4 or #3/#4/#5/#5/#6). Do the math before talking.

I personally think this all good, they are playing to win it all this year! This is how you do it. Can anyone remember how many games over the last 5-years that were lost from Rookie mistakes? 

That's some condescending BS lmao. We have to trade our 2nd for the Lions 3rd and swap 1sts. Exact same value. That's it. "Do the math," like bruh. 

7 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Think the Falcons are counting on trading up to #8, believe that is the rumor that has merit. That move would decimate their draft numbers if they paid for it this year, and give Detroit a windfall of draft picks.

Most of the FAs they have signed are not going anywhere, so really do not think this is about competition. More about planning for what is coming.

The Falcons are basically saying they would rather fill roster spots with veterans than rooks, which would give the team instant depth. Something that was lacking last year.

I think somebody was in the wrong rumor ::yikes:

9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Q Will

I didn't watch too much bama football but does he compare favorably to Grady in that he can play but tackle positions or is he strictly a 3 tech? What are the major holes in his game you've observed that he needs to work on and is he more of a scheme fit than Ed Oliver? 

Knight of God likes this

5 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

I didn't watch too much bama football but does he compare favorably to Grady in that he can play but tackle positions or is he strictly a 3 tech? What are the major holes in his game you've observed that he needs to work on and is he more of a scheme fit than Ed Oliver? 

He needs to get stronger. His main good, dude is vicious. 

ShadyRef likes this

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

He needs to get stronger. His main good, dude is vicious. 

Since we haven't brought him in for a workout, why do I have a feeling Falcons wil pick differently if he is available? :lol:

Then again who knows? They surprised us last year with Ridley. 

Knight of God likes this

1 minute ago, ShadyRef said:

Since we haven't brought him in for a workout, why do I have a feeling Falcons wil pick differently if he is available? :lol:

Then again who knows? They surprised us last year with Ridley. 

Watch this but pay the most attention to the level of talent

ShadyRef likes this

6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Watch this but pay the most attention to the level of talent

I don't have eyes for x's and o's but that guys hand usage and body control is amazing. He also seems to have very good feel for where he is at on the field. He doesn't look lost in trenches. Was he a one gapper in bama? 

Knight of God likes this

3 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

I don't have eyes for x's and o's but that guys hand usage and body control is amazing. He also seems to have very good feel for where he is at on the field. He doesn't look lost in trenches. Was he a one gapper in bama? 

He played all positions on the DL, mostly Nose and 3T

ShadyRef likes this

Just now, Knight of God said:

He played all positions on the DL, mostly Nose and 3T

May I ask what all you don't like about Oliver? 

Knight of God likes this

10 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

May I ask what all you don't like about Oliver? 

In the NFL we downblock and double team a lot. He doesn’t beat those. It’s his kryptonite.

He disappears a lot.

18 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

In the NFL we downblock and double team a lot. He doesn’t beat those. It’s his kryptonite.

He disappears a lot.

I think he's also had a couple knee injuries...still would be my #1 choice.

10 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

@ShadyRef

watch very closely and compare the two. First without the level of competition in mind, then with

By the way, I do like his play. I don’t like his character.

Isee what you're saying. He does get washed out on combo blocks. By character, do you mean you don't see enough 'dog' in him?  Do you think he playing out of position contributed to negative marks when evaluating him? I can't imagine DQ playing him at nose in the NFL. 

Knight of God likes this