Mr. Wilson just got paid

T.Mays

6 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

He ain't worth that lol

Yes he is. He's generated literally almost all of Seattle's offense in the last couple of years because of the Seahawks' stubborn refusal to put a competent O-line and talent in general around him. RW (I think on more than one occasion) led the team in passing AND rushing. 

Seattle is trash without RW. He deserves every penny.

19 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Russ got paid and it's well deserved. He's one of the best in the league.

Would I take him over Ice? Nah. Russ is more exciting to watch, no doubt, but Ryan is just the better QB imo. 

I love Matt and he's one of the best in the business, but I don't think so. For starters, Russ has never had the benefit of having a Julio caliber receiver as a teammate, much less any competent receiver over 5'11". Plus his OCs keep holding him back with dumb, ultra-conservative game plans.

Anyway, that's all I'll say about that before this blows up.

9 minutes ago, No.11 said:

I love Matt and he's one of the best in the business, but I don't think so. For starters, Russ has never had the benefit of having a Julio caliber receiver as a teammate, much less any competent receiver over 5'11". Plus his OCs keep holding him back with dumb, ultra-conservative game plans.

Anyway, that's all I'll say about that before this blows up.

You forget about Jimmy Graham?

5 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

You forget about Jimmy Graham?

No I didn't, but Seattle opted to use him more as a blocker for most of his time there (again, dumb ultra-conservative game plans). When they finally involved Graham more in the passing game and was very productive (scored like 10+ TDs), they pulled the plug and now he's in Green Bay, leaving Russ with a hurt Doug Baldwin and 5'10" Tyler Lockett.

36 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Russ got paid and it's well deserved. He's one of the best in the league.

Would I take him over Ice? Nah. Russ is more exciting to watch, no doubt, but Ryan is just the better QB imo. 

It's fine to disagree, I was just stating my opinion.  Have a good one man.

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Russ Wilson brought Seattle a championship. He truly deserves it!

Wilson certainly played a big part, but the Legion of Boom was the big difference maker. Wilson is what makes them competitive now, but that is not the same team that had the defensive identity that won the title.

5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

We have changed our system multiple times. Seattle runs a traditional run heavy offense. Matt Ryan would succeed in that style of offense. We ran a similar style with Michael Turner and Smitty in the early Ryan days. 

Would that offense be maxing out Ryan's potential and skills? No, but Wilson's offense isn't maxing his skills either. 

And Yes I would pay 35 mil for Wilson over Ryan. Wilson would be crushing it with the talent Matt Ryan has around him. 

Pfffffff... What exactly has Wilson done without a number 1 running attack and all world defense?

Don't tell me Ryan doesn't elevate talent when he made players like Michael Jenkins and Harry Douglass relevant. Cinci made no effort whatsoever to keep Sanu who was viewed as a disappointment coming off a brutal 300 yard season and now he is seen as an indispensable key contributor for our team. Odds are if Matt Ryan is throwing you the ball you will be putting up the best numbers of your career. 

Wilson is flashier but waaaay more inconsistent than Matt with a completion percentage in the low 60s. I understand why people who don't watch more than a few highlights of the Seahawks put him on a pedestal. People talk about let's see Matt behind that Seahawks line and seem to conveniently forget that Matt has played behind garbage lines (and no running game) more often than not. Doug Baldwin would be a perennial pro-bowler with Matt Ryan and fans like you would be pointing to that as evidence that Matt needs Baldwin to thrive, smh.

Golden Tate put up three enormous seasons in Detroit after doing jack squat in Seattle but here we go with the narrative that Russell just never got the toys to put up big numbers. Zach Miller a 700 + yard per season receiving TE for his entire career in Oakland saw his production plummet after being paired with Wilson, ditto for Jimmy Graham. But yes, it's Wilson that elevates teammates while Matt Ryan gets carried by his supporting cast who just by sheer chance always seems to put up their best numbers when playing with a Falcons uniform on. lol

Falcons fans are the worst. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

4 hours ago, red falcon said:

They are both good but wilson is more clutch in my opinion.   with the gm on the line i might be telling russ to go get matt out the gm and make it happen. Could be wrong just the way i see it.

When the gms on the line im 50/50 with matt dont know which way it will go. 

He was sure clutch on the interception he threw at the end of the game in the New England SB they lost.

3 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I dont give a **** what this thread is about...you quoting me about things I never said...I aint said **** about who's better...I aint said **** about no contracts....get yo facts straight...

You dont want to hear from me? Then get yo **** together...

Like I said before...Yo mistake...Yo ******* error

LOL ROH....Come on bro, now tell him how you really feel!!! :ninja:

4 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Pfffffff... What exactly has Wilson done without a number 1 running attack and all world defense?

Don't tell me Ryan doesn't elevate talent when he made players like Michael Jenkins and Harry Douglass relevant. Cinci made no effort whatsoever to keep Sanu who was viewed as a disappointment coming off a brutal 300 yard season and now he is seen as indispensable key contributor for our team. Truth is, whoever you are odds are if Matt Ryan is throwing you the ball you will be putting up the best numbers of your career. 

Wilson is flashier, but waaaay more inconsistent than Matt with a completion percentage in the low 60s. I understand why people who don't watch more than a few highlights of the Seahawks put him on a pedestal. People talk about let's see Matt behind that Seahawks line and seem to conveniently forget that Matt has played behind garbage lines (and no running game) more often than not. Doug Baldwin would be a perennial pro-bowl with Matt Ryan and all fans like you would be pointing to that as evidence that Matt needs Baldwin to thrive, smh.

Golden Tate put up three enormous seasons in Detroit after doing jack squat in Seattle but here we go with the narrative that Russell just never got the toys to put up big numbers. Zach Miller a 700 + yard per season receiving TE for his entire career in Oakland saw his production plummet after being paired with Wilson, ditto for Jimmy Graham. But yes, it's Wilson that elevates teammates while Matt Ryan gets carried by his supporting cast who just by sheer chance always seems to put up their best numbers when playing with a Falcons uniform on. lol

Falcons fans are the worst. 

Calm down. Way too much logic going on here. Ryan is trash and Wilson is the GOAT. Get with the memo.

1 hour ago, No.11 said:

No I didn't, but Seattle opted to use him more as a blocker for most of his time there (again, dumb ultra-conservative game plans). When they finally involved Graham more in the passing game and was very productive (scored like 10+ TDs), they pulled the plug and now he's in Green Bay, leaving Russ with a hurt Doug Baldwin and 5'10" Tyler Lockett.

Big reason I didn’t want **** Bevil anywhere near ATL.

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Overall OL ranking

Which OL ranking? Not being a **** just genuinely curious because it's the first I hear of it. Matt got sacked a bunch in 2016, but a lot of that had to do with looong developing pass plays dialed up by Shanahan... overall I think our pass blocking was very good that year, plu our run blocking was on point, so I could see top 5 in 2016 for sure. I mean we did put up one of the best offensive seasons of any team in the history of the league, so I won't argue much there.

In 2017  however, we were I think something like the 6th or 7th in sacks given up, but again, that is kind of misleading because Sark was dialing up short patterns and Matt was getting rid of the ball the quickest he has at any point in his entire career. Our run blocking was bad. Overall, I certainly wouldn't rank our OL in 2017 anywhere near the top 5... top 15 if we are being extremely generous. But personally I thought we were a bottom 10 line in 2017 and not much better in 2018.