Mr. Wilson just got paid

T.Mays

13 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Well, someone has to say it, but RW is worth more than MR....  If you just traded the guys straight up, we probably would've made the playoffs last year.  RW can make something out of nothing even with a garbage OL and crap receivers.  On our team he'd have bought time and really carved everyone up.

I disagree with the playoff premise. Ryan was great last year. I can't tell who is better honestly. Their games are extremely different.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:
  • He won a SB thanks to one of the best defenses in league History in his 2nd season
    • In that playoff run he had 103 yards against the Saints. 103. Think we win a playoff game with Ryan throwing for 103?

• The next season when they got back the SB he also threw a game clinching INT 1 yard away from another SB.
    • Prior to getting to the SB he had a 5 turnover game..and his team still won in the playoffs. Think that would happen for Ryan?

• Last I checked Ryan is 2-0 vs him in the playoffs.

Russ certainly deserved the contract but this comparison crap to Ryan everytime someone gets a contract is stupid. He got 35 Ryan got 30. Good for both of them. Both are elite QBs in todays game. Russ has his 1 ring thanks to the guys around him while Ryan lost his ring thanks to the coaches around him.

Wilson made more mistakes but also made more plays in the playoffs. Falcons b eat the Seahawks not just Ryan. 

Ryan is a great QB. Wilson is a shorter much more mobile version of Ryan. Wilson is an upgrade by  comparison.

I like Ryan but Ryan fanboys go too far. If the Falcons win it's becuase of Ryan. If the team losses or is not as successful by comparison, then the its the rest of the teams fault.

Offence and defence wins championships. Falcons had the greatest d of all time and didnt make the playoffs when they had the gritz blitz. You still need an offence to outscore the other team and at least sustain drives to give the d a rest. i dont care how talented they are. a  tired d is a crap d.

12 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Ryan just posted a 108qb rating, 4900+ yards, 39 tds with only 7 ints while having a bum as his OC.

All while being of the most hit QB’s in the league.

People love talking about “weapons” but the Seahawks had the “lowest” amount of dropped passes in the league last year. Pretty sure the Falcons are usually near top of the league in drops.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=nfl&rank=232&type=receiving

7 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

Wilson made more mistakes but also made more plays in the playoffs. Falcons beat the Seahawks not just Ryan. 

What?

Ryan in his 2016 playoff run was one of the best in NFL History after a regular season that Wilson could only dream of.

After a rocky start, Since 2012 Ryan has been one of the best playoff QBs in the league. 

Matt Ryan's playoff numbers, since the 2012 season: 70.7% completion rate, 16 TDs, 3 INTs, 10.06 YPA, 119.1 passer rating

You're correct in that it's a team game and Ryan's team let him down monumentally in 2012 and 2016.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

3 minutes ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

All while being of the most hit QB’s in the league.

People love talking about “weapons” but the Seahawks had the “lowest” amount of dropped passes in the league last year. Pretty sure the Falcons are usually near top of the league in drops.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=nfl&rank=232&type=receiving

There is no stat for h ow fast a wr gets open or route running. i doubt anyone th inks that overall seattles wrs are even close in that area. When you have ridldy as wr number 3 and he is better th an all of seattles wrs. ev en if xesttles wrs are better at catching, which i doubt, they arent nealry as good as getting open.

14 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

What?

Ryan in his 2016 playoff run was one of the best in NFL History after a regular season that Wilson could only dream of.

After a rocky start, Since 2012 Ryan has been one of the best playoff QBs in the league. 

Matt Ryan's playoff numbers, since the 2012 season: 70.7% completion rate, 16 TDs, 3 INTs, 10.06 YPA, 119.1 passer rating

You're correct in that it's a team game and Ryan's team let him down monumentally in 2012 and 2016.

thanks for confirmation to what i said. even ryan would admit his success is dependent on the people catching the ball, peeps blocking for him, and a run gsme to take some of the pressure off.

You have tunnel vision when it comes to Ryan. Ryan fan boys perception is when the Falcons win its really Ryan beating the opposing team. When the Falcons lose, its becuase its the other members of the teams fault.

Edited by Intellectually Honest

1 minute ago, Intellectually Honest said:

thanks for confirmation to what i said. even ryan would admit his success is dependent on the people catching the ball, peeps blocking for him, and a run game to take some of the pressure off.

You have tunnel vision when it comes to Ryan.

By this logic every QB is the same. Rodgers, Brady and every QB in the history of the NFL needed the above. 

5 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

By this logic every QB is the same. Rodgers, Brady and every QB in the history of the NFL needed the above. 

No. ni ce strawman. by my logic every qb is part of the success and failure of the teams sucess and failure. the more a.qb contributes, the more the qb is part of that success or failure. i am not the one forgetting its a team sport when the team wins attributing the success to only one player.

You will never see me type Wilson, or any other Qb beat a team. that would be really stupid. teams beat teams. its not just any one player.

Edited by Intellectually Honest

14 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

There is no stat for h ow fast a wr gets open or route running. i doubt anyone th inks that overall seattles wrs are even close in that area. When you have ridldy as wr number 3 and he is better th an all of seattles wrs. ev en if xesttles wrs are better at catching, which i doubt, they arent nealry as good as getting open.

Ridley is great (and going to be special imo) but he was also a rookie and was near the top of the league in drops. I’m not saying SEA weapons are better but I feel Ryan would produce even with mediocre/below mediocre receivers. In small sample sizes he has.

Just now, falconsfan4life3 said:

Ridley is great (and going to be special imo) but he was also a rookie and was near the top of the league in drops. I’m not saying SEA weapons are better but I feel Ryan would produce even with mediocre/below mediocre receivers. In small sample sizes he has.

I think Ryan would be decent on any team. However, if Ryan and Wilson switched spots and all other factors re.ained the same, Wilsons numbers would greatly improve while Ryans would decline. Even if someone shows that seattles d is better, what does that have to do with the offence?

Now both seattles and atlantas oline have been bad but seattles oline has been histoically bad in the past. If ryan had the same wheels as wilson i would say it is even. they are both great leaders who lead by example and are smart and hard working. ryan has the height and wilson has the mobility. height is not much of a factor. mobility is. if you took Ryan and gave him 4.5 speed, you dont think that would be a dramatic improvement?

22 minutes ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

Ryan turned Harry Douglas into a 1000 yard WR.

NFC west is a joke. Seattle gets to play SF and AZ twice a year. The NFC South has had multiple trips to the super bowl and 3 teams which each year have potential to win it all.

Matt has never had the defense Wilson had. Talk about a guy carrying a team. This is not even going into the stat categories that Matt leads ahead of the Rodgers off the league.

But it never fails, the Madden generation kids over value running QBs. Its the same reason you see posts about RG3 should be here, the love for idiot DJ Shockley or the insanity we should trade Matty and take Tyrod Taylor. 

Congrats to Wilson on his contract. But saying he is so much better than Ryan is crazy.

Edited by runshoot