Mr. Wilson just got paid

T.Mays

21 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Russ Wilson brought Seattle a championship. He truly deserves it!

Wilson helped, but Seattle's run game and defense is what mostly brought them that SB.

Wilson is also a totally different QB now than he was back then. He was a game manager back then, but now he is the biggest playmaker at QB not named Pat Mahomes.

4 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

If Ryan could throw 4 interceptions in a playoff game and still make it to the superbowl he'd have one at least 3 by now.

What does that have to do with what was said...

No oline....no running game...no quality receivers...and no speed to get away from rushers...Ryan would be dead...

**** the yellow flags...there would be yellow crime scene tape on the field..

That has nothing to do with who's better...those are facts

18 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

What does that have to do with what was said...

No oline....no running game...no quality receivers...and no speed to get away from rushers...Ryan would be dead...

**** the yellow flags...there would be yellow crime scene tape on the field..

That has nothing to do with who's better...those are facts

Ryan's never had an oline.  Ours was just as bad last year.  Didn't have a run game either.  Ryan still balled.

• He won a SB thanks to one of the best defenses in league History in his 2nd season
    • In that playoff run he had 103 yards against the Saints. 103. Think we win a playoff game with Ryan throwing for 103?

• The next season when they got back the SB he also threw a game clinching INT 1 yard away from another SB.
    • Prior to getting to the SB he had a 5 turnover game..and his team still won in the playoffs. Think that would happen for Ryan?

• Last I checked Ryan is 2-0 vs him in the playoffs.

Russ certainly deserved the contract but this comparison crap to Ryan everytime someone gets a contract is stupid. He got 35 Ryan got 30. Good for both of them. Both are elite QBs in todays game. Russ has his 1 ring thanks to the guys around him while Ryan lost his ring thanks to the coaches around him.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

5 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Ryan's never had an oline.  Ours was just as bad last year.  Didn't have a run game either.  Ryan still balled.

I don’t think it’s occured to you of how unfair it would be for Wilson to be able to buy time in the pocket and consistently hit Julio or Ridley deep on passes that doesn’t take 5 minutes to come out of the air lol. On average in their careers, Wilson has had much less supporting talent on the offensive side of the ball.

1 minute ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

I don’t think it’s occured to you of how unfair it would be for Wilson to be able to buy time in the pocket and consistently hit Julio or Ridley deep on passes that doesn’t take 5 minutes to come out of the air lol. On average in their careers, Wilson has had much less supporting talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Give Ryan the number one defense and he'll win the superbowl every year 

1 minute ago, red falcon said:

We've had some bad lines bro but they havent been seahawk bad. Our line was bad last year we still had Alex Mack and Jake on it. Seahawks line has been way worse lately. 

They had Max Unger and Russell Okung at C and LT the year they won the SB.

You could argue both were about as good as Mack and Jake at one point. Unger was shipped away years later for Jimmy Graham and has been a great center for the Saints since until he retired this offseason. Okung left for a huge contract and never really played to the same level after as he did with the Hawks.

6 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Give Ryan the number one defense and he'll win the superbowl every year 

Sure if his OL isn’t as bad Wilsons while being able to throw to Julio. But having a number one defense usually comes with sacrifices on the offensive side. Could Ryan play at Wilsons level with poor offensive talent? Thats debatable.

Edited by Jerz #DukeSZN

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

You could argue both were about as good as Mack and Jake at one point. Unger was shipped away years later for Jimmy Graham and has been a great center for the Saints since until he retired this offseason. Okung left for a huge contract and never really played to the same level after as he did with the Hawks.

Im talking russ the past couple of years.

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

We talking about the last 2 years

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

We talking about the last 2 years

Im talking the years in which got Russ his SB and playoff Success. People want to talk about Julio jones or whoever they want for Ryan but ignore the fact Russ had a solid O-Line, Great Running game and an amazing defense when they were at their best.

What has he done since the Defense left and Marshawn fell off/left? They have not gotten out of the divisonal round since? I believe 1 playoff win in the last 4 years. 

1 minute ago, red falcon said:

We've had some bad lines bro but they havent been seahawk bad. Our line was bad last year we still had Alex Mack and Jake on it. Seahawks line has been way worse lately. 

Ryan makes our line look better by getting rid of the ball so fast.  You know that right?

Wilson makes his look worse because he holds on to the ball so long scrambling around.

You like it, I don't.

It's why we destroyed him in the playoffs.  Hes predictable.  Wait for him to leave the pocket then have a spy pressure him. We did it over and over because he prefers to leave the pocket.

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Im talking the years in which got Russ his SB and playoff Success. People want to talk about Julio jones or whoever they want for Ryan but ignore the fact Russ had a solid O-Line, Great Running game and an amazing defense when they were at their best.

What has he done since the Defense left and Marshawn fell off/left? They have not gotten out of the divisonal round since? I believe 1 playoff win in the last 4 years. 

Thats true...but Im not arguing that...or disagreeing with you you on that...

I was replying only to Ryan being on the Seahawks the last couple of years with what they have now...

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Thats true...but Im not arguing that...or disagreeing with you you on that...

I was replying only to Ryan being on the Seahawks the last couple of years with what they have now...

Ryan is a baller.  If last year didn't prove that then I don't know what to tell you. 

6 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Ryan makes our line look better by getting rid of the ball so fast.  You know that right?

Wilson makes his look worse because he holds on to the ball so long scrambling around.

You like it, I don't.

It's why we destroyed him in the playoffs.  Hes predictable.  Wait for him to leave the pocket then have a spy pressure him. We did it over and over because he prefers to leave the pocket.

Russell Wilson is not even close to being reason why we beat Seahawks in playoffs, LOL. He was the main reason they even made playoffs that year.

We put up 36 points on their defense in that game. 

9 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

You like it, I don't.

They are both good but wilson is more clutch in my opinion.   with the gm on the line i might be telling russ to go get matt out the gm and make it happen. Could be wrong just the way i see it.

When the gms on the line im 50/50 with matt dont know which way it will go.