Mr. Wilson just got paid

T.Mays

1 hour ago, T.Mays said:

Matt Ryan contract looks like a steal

Matt Ryan is getting 30 mil a year vs Wilson's 35 mil a year.  I love Matt Ryan, but Rusell's contract is the steal in comparison. Matt Ryan has 10x better talent around him than Wilson. If we end up losing Julio, can you tell me we wouldn't see a major drop in production from Ryan? Can you really say the same for Wilson/Lockett?

17 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Its also Russell's 1st one (well maybe not), could be wrong). Their super bowl years are probably over now. Been over.

Russell is that offense though.  Ive seen him pull a couple of rabbits out his hat.

With LoB gone, he is the team. He put the team on his back last year. No one thought they would be a playoff team. Their super bowl years wouldn't be over if they were better managed. Their OC is probably as bad as ours was last year. Worst Oline in the league for multiple years. What weapons have they put around him? They drafted an RB in the 1st round who ended up not even winning the starting job and was 3rd on the depth chart.

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Matt Ryan is getting 30 mil a year vs Wilson's 35 mil a year.  I love Matt Ryan, but Rusell's contract is the steal in comparison. Matt Ryan has 10x better talent around him than Wilson. If we end up losing Julio, can you tell me we wouldn't see a major drop in production from Ryan? Can you really say the same for Wilson/Lockett?

With LoB gone, he is the team. He put the team on his back last year. No one thought they would be a playoff team. Their super bowl years wouldn't be over if they were better managed. Their OC is probably as bad as ours was last year. Worst Oline in the league for multiple years. What weapons have they put around him? They drafted an RB in the 1st round who ended up not even winning the starting job and was 3rd on the depth chart.

Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson are very different. Would Ryan succeed in Seattle’s system, no. Would Wilson be as good as Ryan in our system no. 

Wilson may have a higher floor with a terrible o-line, but Matt Ryan is still a better quarterback. And saying that you’d pay 35 for Wilson over 30 for Ryan is popostrous. 

Edited by TSprings

6 minutes ago, TSprings said:

Matt Ryan and Russel Wilson are very different. Would Ryan succeed in Seattle’s system, no. Would Wilson be as good as Ryan in our system no. 

Wilson may have a higher floor with a terrible o-line, but Matt Ryan is still a better quarterback. And saying that you’d pay 35 for Wilson over 30 for Ryan is popostrous. 

Wilson wouldn't be as good with 4 legit passing targets and a solid run game behind an upgraded offensive line? I gotta call bias BS on this one

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Wilson wouldn't be as good with 4 legit passing targets and a solid run game behind an upgraded offensive line? I gotta call bias BS on this one

Put it this way. I wouldn’t do a one for one trade  Ryan for Wilson. 

I do not think think Wilson is a better quarterback than Ryan, thus he wouldn’t be AS good. But he would obviously be better than with what he’s got in Seattle. 

12 minutes ago, TSprings said:

Matt Ryan and Russel Wilson are very different. Would Ryan succeed in Seattle’s system, no. Would Wilson be as good as Ryan in our system no. 

We have changed our system multiple times. Seattle runs a traditional run heavy offense. Matt Ryan would succeed in that style of offense. We ran a similar style with Michael Turner and Smitty in the early Ryan days. 

Would that offense be maxing out Ryan's potential and skills? No, but Wilson's offense isn't maxing his skills either. 

And Yes I would pay 35 mil for Wilson over Ryan. Wilson would be crushing it with the talent Matt Ryan has around him. 

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

We have changed our system multiple times. Seattle runs a traditional run heavy offense. Matt Ryan would succeed in that style of offense. We ran a similar style with Michael Turner and Smitty in the early Ryan days. 

Would that offense be maxing out Ryan's potential and skills? No, but Wilson's offense isn't maxing his skills either. 

And Yes I would pay 35 mil for Wilson over Ryan. Wilson would be crushing it with the talent Matt Ryan has around him. 

Nah.  That's crazy talk.  Ryan's way better.

Just now, abcranford2 said:

Nah.  That's crazy talk.  Ryan's way better.

Maybe on an Atlanta Falcons' message board, but if you polled people and fans around the league, it wouldn't be seen as crazy.  Ryan is a great QB, but he is only as great as the talent around him. Wilson has show the ability to elevate the guys around him and that he doesn't require that talent. 5 million/year isn't paying for Freeman or Julio or our Oline. 

11 minutes ago, TSprings said:

Put it this way. I wouldn’t do a one for one trade  Ryan for Wilson. 

I do not think think Wilson is a better quarterback than Ryan, thus he wouldn’t be AS good. But he would obviously be better than with what he’s got in Seattle. 

But just because YOU the fan don't think he's better doesn't mean he's not. Spoil him with weapons like Ryan and watch him work. Put Ryan with what's in Seattle and he will look average.