Path to the Draft potential trade up.

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Hes the best player in the draft. Just not quite worth a Julio-esque trade.

if he's truly the best player overall in the draft, let alone on D, it's worth it. But I see Oliver as the pick up high. Otherwise trade back for an OT and CB.

Edited by mtldirtybird

If Jets are desperate to get out of #3, then Falcons just say “this is the most we are willing to give - call us back when you are on the clock if you want to make a deal”.

Somrtimes, not often, these deals get made.  When the team trading down wants out of the pick and there aren’t other teams clamoring to trade up, sometimes it happens.  I remember a similar deal about 5-6 years ago when the Dolphins traded up with Raiders and the price was well below the trade chart.

If Quinnen was still on the board at #3,  I would offer them #14, #45, #137 and 2020  2nd rd pick take it or leave it.

We would still have 

#3) Quinnen Williams, DT - Alabama

#79) Cornerback

#117) OL/ CB

2 5ths

1 6th

1 7th

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If Jets are desperate to get out of #3, then Falcons just say “this is the most we are willing to give - call us back when you are on the clock if you want to make a deal”.

Somrtimes, not often, these deals get made.  When the team trading down wants out of the pick and there aren’t other teams clamoring to trade up, sometimes it happens.  I remember a similar deal about 5-6 years ago when the Dolphins traded up with Raiders and the price was well below the trade chart.

Yep

It was the Dolphins trade up for Dion Jordan.

Dolphins moved up from #12 to #3 for only a 2nd round pick and swapping 1sts.

7 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Idc what they give up cause if they trade up to #3 for Williams I'd be buying a Mayfield jersey.

Also like how we haven't been linked to him at all this off-season, not even a meeting but we wanna trade up for him now.

They move up that far that means they want one of the edges (bosa, Allen, sweat)

7 hours ago, FalconsSavant said:

They said that the Jets are looking to trade back from the 3rd pick and the said that the Falcons and Carolina are potential trade partners to get Q. Williams from Alabama. My question would be what would the Falcons have to give up to move to pick 3?

It would take our 1st, 2nd and 3rd.   For that we get their 1st....plus maybe their 5th.

Keep in mind, if a QB isn't involved, then the traded pick loses a good bit of value.   The Jets need so much help, they would be nuts to turn it down.

Frankly, the Falcons need a lot of help too.  I would just as soon trade back, gain some more picks in the 2nd or 3rd.  Especially since our FO seems to know how to draft players, now.

10 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

They move up that far that means they want one of the edges (bosa, Allen, sweat)

We wouldn’t be getting Bosa unless we go up to two. In my opinion, Allen would be a little bit of reach at 3, and Sweat would be a huge reach at 3. I think it would cost too much to trade up to that point. 

I think Williams would be a game changer with grady but it's no way we gut next year draft like that .... 

If the  jets took leso like this year 2nd and 4th with the 14th pick .. yeah sure... 

Regardless it won't happen.. but yeah the jets want a 2nd round pick badddd

Let's play out the scenario - Falcons trade up to #3 for Quinnen Williams - give up 14, 45, 137 and next year's second.

How does that play out?  

At DT, Falcons would have Q and Grady.   How does that change the defense?

1) significant pressure with a front four - leaving 7 in coverage - should lead to more picks and more 3rd down stops.  

2) In a nickel package - our back 7 would be:  Neal, Allen, Oliver, Kazee, Trufant, Jones and Oluokun.  Yikes, that's strong.

3) more interior pressure will lead to more sacks from Takk and Beasley.

4) It would change the identity of the defense

5) It would completely signal to the team that this is THE year.  (like NO last year with the trade up to get Davenport)

I know it's expensive, but I would be all in for this.  Quinnen Williams is a potential Gold Jacket player.   Worth every penny if it comes to fruition.  We have the draft capital, whether it's this year's or next year's (

10 hours ago, FalconsSavant said:

They said that the Jets are looking to trade back from the 3rd pick and the said that the Falcons and Carolina are potential trade partners to get Q. Williams from Alabama. My question would be what would the Falcons have to give up to move to pick 3?

:clegg:     You can't believe anything you hear. Except What I SAY!!  And I say we stay put,, keep our picks,, and draft DT Christian Wilkins at #14,, Not only do I think we should ,, I bet the FO has him on there list too. But they are not going to give out their plan,, to anybody,, not even Me!!  :golfclap:  The Draft Nut!!

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

If Quinnen was still on the board at #3,  I would offer them #14, #45, #137 and 2020  2nd rd pick take it or leave it.

We would still have 

#3) Quinnen Williams, DT - Alabama

#79) Cornerback

#117) OL/ CB

2 5ths

1 6th

1 7th

Would that be a successful draft?

versus say Ed Oliver at 8 and various picks? Or staying put at 14 and move up in2/3 rounds?

Just curious...

If I could get QW for this years 2nd, 4th, and next years 2nd...

I think I’m doing that...but have we shown any interest in QW? Would it be for Oliver?

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

This is just fan fodder, so why not have fun with it?

The Jets trade #3 for the Falcons' #14 and Vic Beasley. 

The Falcons draft:   Q. Williams, N. Bosa, B. Burns, or J. Allen......take your pick.

Realistic?  No, but it puts a smile on my face.

I love the idea of the trade up to 3 by trading the #14 pick and a player.

We have 3 potential candidates on our team to make this happen, and 2 of them are on the last year of their contract.