Falconsfan567

Diamondbacks at Braves

655 posts in this topic

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

The way some talk, you’d think we were 115th in the NCAA..

Nah, more like 75/80th in the NCAA. Still not very good, but not just absolutely atrocious. 

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Nah, more like 75/80th in the NCAA. Still not very good, but not just absolutely atrocious. 

Venters has become odd man out.. tough luck.. definitely a great story though.. best of luck to him

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Venters has become odd man out.. tough luck.. definitely a great story though.. best of luck to him

Hopefully that leg thing would explain his struggles and after some rest he can comeback and be good as he was last year. Just wonder who we'll call up to replace him, I sure hope not Carle.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Hopefully that leg thing would explain his struggles and after some rest he can comeback and be good as he was last year. Just wonder who we'll call up to replace him, I sure hope not Carle.

I missed that.. what leg thing?

16 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Don't even bother this guy really has no clue. He thinks if things aren't the worst then there's no need to improve. 

Honestly the biggest homer I've ever seen in my life.

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's no "leg thing". 

It's s "this guy sucks but we don't want to send him down" thing.

Just now, Malachore said:

There's no "leg thing". 

It's s "this guy sucks but we don't want to send him down" thing.

You're probablly right that it's one of those phantom injury moves that teams pull a lot of times. But we'll see.

Malachore likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

You're probablly right that it's one of those phantom injury moves that teams pull a lot of times. But we'll see.

Bullpen is falling apart. 

Viz hurt again, Venters is bad/hurt, O'Day still not back. Somehow this bullpen is even less talented than last season. I don't see a way to fix it until June at the earliest unless Sobatka and someone from the minors really steps up.

Drew4719 likes this

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Don't even bother this guy really has no clue. He thinks if things aren't the worst then there's no need to improve. 

Honestly the biggest homer I've ever seen in my life.

Dude, you seriously have issues.. you’ve been wrong more than anyone here, yet you continue saying I have no clue.. I mean.. ?

Edited by TheTrue7

Just now, Malachore said:

Viz hurt again, Venters is bad/hurt, O'Day still not back. Somehow this bullpen is even less talented than last season. I don't see a way to fix it until June at the earliest unless Sobatka and someone from the minors really steps up.

So far bullpen is looking worse than last year and I sure didn't expect that. Last year we had Dan Winkler and Shane Carle as lockdown options, at least in the 1st half of the season, and this year neither has contributed anything positive. We've missed Minter the first week of the season and he hasn't found his groove yet. Biddle has continued to struggle to put away LHB. Sobotka can't seem to pitch worth a darn in a blowout contest. We need to give Josh Tomlin more looks. He's been surprisingly very good in the couple of games he's appeared in. Luke Jackson was terrible on opening day but has been very good since. So yeah, bullpen needs to improve quite a bit to hang with the big boys!!

Drew4719 likes this

For all the **** folks raised about the Phillies sweeping the Braves to start the season, well they're both 9-6 and the Braves have a better run differential than the Phillies. Braves have given up 13 less runs than the Phillies while scoring only 3 less runs.

TheTrue7 and Drew4719 like this

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

The bullpen has at least limited the damage lately. That's better than they were doing outside of Venters.

What going to happen when we don't have a 4+ run lead though?

13 minutes ago, Malachore said:

What going to happen when we don't have a 4+ run lead though?

If you take out Venters the bullpen has an ERA of right about 2.00 over the last week plus a few days. They're still walking people but they're limiting damage. The majority of the arms out there give up very few hits, they just have to learn to throw strikes. What hits they do allow are magnified because they walk too many.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

If you take out Venters the bullpen has an ERA of right about 2.00 over the last week plus a few days. They're still walking people but they're limiting damage. The majority of the arms out there give up very few hits, they just have to learn to throw strikes. What hits they do allow are magnified because they walk too many.

Are taking inherited runners into consideration?

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Are taking inherited runners into consideration?

That stat I'm not sure about. I just know they aren't pitching to a 7.00+ ERA like they were. We still need a couple of arms there but they've at least plugged the leaks a little bit.

Drew4719 and Malachore like this

12 hours ago, Malachore said:

Atlanta's caught a huge break in that bullpen woes are systemic in baseball right now. We're absolutely terrible yet our 4.61 ERA is still somehow 19th out of 30. At the moment, several teams are even more screwed than we are. So, it's like taking a class that grades on a curve and having the comfort that the other students are morons.