Falconsfan567

Diamondbacks at Braves

655 posts in this topic

Tuesday - April 16 - 7:20 PM - Fox Sports Southeast

• Robbie Ray (0-1, 3.52) vs. Max Fried (2-0, 0.00)

Wednesday - April 17 - 7:20 PM - Fox Sports Southeast

• Zack Godley (1-1, 7.41) vs. Kevin Gausman (1-1, 2.84)

Thursday - April 18 - 12:10 PM - Fox Sports Southeast

• Luke Weaver (0-1, 5.17) vs. Touki Toussaint (1-0, 0.00)

Nice, the most competent of our pitchers are pitching.

Now let's get Folty back and Newcomb straightened out and we might actually have formidable starting pitching.

1 hour ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Nice, the most competent of our pitchers are pitching.

Now let's get Folty back and Newcomb straightened out and we might actually have formidable starting pitching.

Folty is making a start tonight for Gwinnett with the aim to throw 90 pitches. If all goes well he'll be back with the big club this weekend.

Drew4719 likes this

14 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I really got to get to SunTrust and watch Fried pitch. I'm predicting him being an All Star this year

He's been my favorite pitching prospect for 2 years now and finally glad to see him finally get his chance and run with it.

Drew4719 and youngbloodz like this

Braves need the Mets to take 2 of 3 from the Phillies. That's the best result so that if the Braves take care of business against the Diamondbacks they would gain the most ground.

Drew4719 likes this

29 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's been my favorite pitching prospect for 2 years now and finally glad to see him finally get his chance and run with it.

I been liking Ian Anderson and Kyle Wright but Fried is special 

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

I been liking Ian Anderson and Kyle Wright but Fried is special 

My favorite thing about Fried is he has a take no **** off anyone attitude on the mound!!

youngbloodz likes this

44 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Not sure what I'm going to do with no game tonight 

Watch the Mets and Phillies go at each other, if you can stand to watch an espn broadcast for the 2nd night in a row lol.

tl;dr likes this

Since the Braves aren't playing tonight they'll have their Jackie Robinson day celebration tomorrow. That means everyone wearing #42.

1 hour ago, Drew4719 said:

Watch the Mets and Phillies go at each other, if you can stand to watch an espn broadcast for the 2nd night in a row lol.

Noah Syndergaard and Aaron Nola both getting lit up!! It's 5-5 in the 4th inning.

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Not sure what I'm going to do with no game tonight 

Read a book or watch Mets Phillies. I chose the latter. 

tl;dr likes this

Seeing this Mets bullpen makes me think maybe our pen isn't all that bad. Then you realize the 4 teams in our division have it worse than us...

TheTrue7 likes this

29 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Watching the Phils/Mets and Tim Kurkjen just said Jackie Robinson is the best of all time???

I don't agree with him but Robinson was really good. Career .311/.409/.474 (.883) hitter. One can only wonder what kind of career numbers he would have ended up with had he not been nearly 30 by the time he finally got a chance to play in the majors.

21 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Seeing this Mets bullpen makes me think maybe our pen isn't all that bad. Then you realize the 4 teams in our division have it worse than us...

You don’t say...

24 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You don’t say...

Braves bullpen is still 20th in baseball in ERA. So yeah, still a long way to go for improvement. But it's hilarious how bad all the pens have been in the NL East this year.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Braves bullpen is still 20th in baseball in ERA. So yeah, still a long way to go for improvement. But it's hilarious how bad all the pens have been in the NL East this year.

The way some talk, you’d think we were 115th in the NCAA..

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah, there is still work to be done on the pen for sure. But if we are the best in the NL East, that's better than nothing I guess

Drew4719 likes this