Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D.B.N.

Did Grady report?

54 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

If he doesn’t actually live up to the hype you’re actually willing to pay him $18 million? It’s not worth it. Hopefully they’ll be smart enough to let him walk and allow someone else to overpay him if that’s the case

No...you right.  For another TAG he’d have to improve even more this year

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I mean they can get a DT in the 3rd that they really like just like they did with him and could still spell the end for him if he proves himself out

Risky.

Youve got a stud in Jarrett and if you let him walk don’t reload early with the best talent available at that spot the kitchen becomes bare quickly.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

No...you right.  For another TAG he’d have to improve even more this year

I like Grady. I just don’t think he’s worth that type of money. I honestly think Debo is the only player on defense worth what Grady wants right now. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I like Grady. I just don’t think he’s worth that type of money. I honestly think Debo is the only player on defense worth what Grady wants right now. 

No doubt Debo is a game changer!

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Risky.

Youve got a stud in Jarrett and if you let him walk don’t reload early with the best talent available at that spot the kitchen becomes bare quickly.

You just gotta do what you gotta do. It does no good to overpay him and the 3 guys on the line with him are still trash. I can see if he was dominating or at least making them look better. But that’s an individual issue. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

You just gotta do what you gotta do. It does no good to overpay him and the 3 guys on the line with him are still trash. I can see if he was dominating or at least making them look better. But that’s an individual issue. 

But without him the pass rush and run defense suffers.Overpaying I mean what does that even mean.As long as TD and co can keep the cap hits doable I’m not worried about the whole over paying narrative.

The defense and team will suffer if they lose Jarrett upfront.

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I agree.  Love the player...does he make us better?  No question.  But for 20 mill avg?  It’s tough

Who could we sign for 20 mill on the DL?  Can Grady do more than those 2-3 players?  .  Not IMO

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

But without him the pass rush and run defense suffers.Overpaying I mean what does that even mean.As long as TD and co can keep the cap hits doable I’m not worried about the whole over paying narrative.

The defense and team will suffer if they lose Jarrett upfront.

I mean if we’re gonna be realistic, the pass rush and run defense suffered with him last season. Run defense didn’t get better until Debo came back and pass rush didn’t show signs of life until Irvin got in the rotation. The team won’t be losing much if they lose him imo. Again, if they don’t get better talent around him on the line, he’s not going to make the guys currently around him look any better. 

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I agree.  Love the player...does he make us better?  No question.  But for 20 mill avg?  It’s tough

Who could we sign for 20 mill on the DL?  Can Grady do more than those 2-3 players?  .  Not IMO

Exactly. What I’m seeing from all of the Grady threads the entire offseason is the emotional attachment. It’s the same as any other star on the team. The fan feels the player is needed for success. Never true for any player outside of QB

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Exactly. What I’m seeing from all of the Grady threads the entire offseason is the emotional attachment. It’s the same as any other star on the team. The fan feels the player is needed for success. Never true for any player outside of QB

Saving to quote in future Julio drama... cause it's going to get worse from here...

On topic, Grady is good, but not upwards of 8% of the cap.  Sometimes you have to let some guys walk and take the 3rd round comp pick and grab someone else.

RING OF HONOR and ya_boi_j like this

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I mean if we’re gonna be realistic, the pass rush and run defense suffered with him last season. Run defense didn’t get better until Debo came back and pass rush didn’t show signs of life until Irvin got in the rotation. The team won’t be losing much if they lose him imo. Again, if they don’t get better talent around him on the line, he’s not going to make the guys currently around him look any better. 

Yeah sorry this defense will eat it without Jarrett.Without him up front we are history there’s just nothing else there.

The defense suffered because of the lack of good coaching.We had a DC out of his depth and a position coach who didn’t do much either.The idea that without Jarrett this defense is going to be better is just incorrect in my eyes.Theres no emotional attachment here all I see in Jarrett is one of our best defensive players.

We’ll find out this year when our HC hopefully improves thee above.

Vandy likes this

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Exactly you can argue tht DJ is worth 20 per. Hes our Ray Lewis. A rare talent for us. I.atually think GJ is a tad overrated by our fanbase. Hes a probowl.calibre DT, but not worth 20.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

42 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Exactly you can argue tht DJ is worth 20 per. Hes our Ray Lewis. A rare talent for us. I.atually think GJ is a tad overrated by our fanbase. Hes a probowl.calibre DT, but not worth 20.

He’s not. And it’s not even about worrying about how much he makes. It’s thinking long haul cap space. The hits are mostly always gonna be low on the front end. Everyone thinks they’re worth this and that but in this situation he’s not worth it

11 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

In the post you quoted he even said he was wrong and it's may 3rd. Are you not able to read more than one sentence at a time?

Don’t you have a Mashburn post to complain about???

7 hours ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Sometimes you have to let some guys walk 

I been saying that all off-season...I would let him walk before I pay him what he's asking...or whats being said he's asking

38 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He’s not. And it’s not even about worrying about how much he makes. It’s thinking long haul cap space. The hits are mostly always gonna be low on the front end. Everyone thinks they’re worth this and that but in this situation he’s not worth it

Yes i know what you mean with.cap.fluidity and the variables that make each situation unique. Im just saying DJ is.worth top.pay at his position where GJ is worth 80-85% top.pay at his position. His total value to the team is less with a huge hit. E.O.makes sense as a year one contributor and insurance against GJ year 2. 

ya_boi_j likes this

22 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I been saying that all off-season...I would let him walk before I pay him what he's asking...or whats being said he's asking

Yep. Make sure your in a position to get 3rd rnd compensation for him though. Cant go wild in f.a.

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yeah sorry this defense will eat it without Jarrett.Without him up front we are history there’s just nothing else there.

The defense suffered because of the lack of good coaching.We had a DC out of his depth and a position coach who didn’t do much either.The idea that without Jarrett this defense is going to be better is just incorrect in my eyes.Theres no emotional attachment here all I see in Jarrett is one of our best defensive players.

We’ll find out this year when our HC hopefully improves thee above.

Jarrett is one of our best players, anyone who insinuates otherwise is being silly. One player cannot carry a D, see Rams for years with Aaron Donald. (Not saying Jarrett is AD). Of course D got better when Debo came back, like Jarrett he’s a key piece. But it wouldn’t have gotten better adding Debo and subtracting Jarrett, fact is it would have gotten ever worse overall.

like you posted in another thread, Quinn was hired to turn this D into a top one. So far, he hasn’t for various factors, but it’s simpleton thinking to point to Jarrett as not a critical piece to this defense potential. If Quinn can get rest of that unit to ever perform anywhere close to how well GJ has as a falcon, we’ll easily become a great defense. 

kiwifalcon likes this

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Don’t you have a Mashburn post to complain about???

I was just trying to let you know, you're the one that got defensive man.

14 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

No. This years number for a DT is $15.355 million. Almost a $2 million dollar increase over last year. Franchise him again next year and you’re looking at a potential $17.5 million cap hit for him. Doesn’t make sense at all unless he actually has a break out season

Which is still cheaper than the AAV that Grady is seeking....

Two years of Grady on Franchise Tag and then a comp pick will be just fine...

Pay Julio and Debo and keep drafting good depth on DL to replace Vic and Grady

41 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Which is still cheaper than the AAV that Grady is seeking....

Two years of Grady on Franchise Tag and then a comp pick will be just fine...

Pay Julio and Debo and keep drafting good depth on DL to replace Vic and Grady

Pay the 2 and replace those 2. If you have the choice to keep the main guy who's absence hurt the defense more than anything or Grady, who would you keep.