Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D.B.N.

Did Grady report?

54 posts in this topic

Jarretts in shape that guys a worker he doesn’t have to report to these things.

I suspect once the draft is all said and done we will see movement on the extension front.

The only sought of panic I’m reading and hearing right now is the fans and media posting click bait.

I don’t see any panic coming out of the Branch since AB mentioned both of these guys will be Falcons for life I’m expecting that’ll be the case,unless something drastic happens to negate that.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Jarretts in shape that guys a worker he doesn’t have to report to these things.

I suspect once the draft is all said and done we will see movement on the extension front.

The only sought of panic I’m reading and hearing right now is the fans and media posting click bait.

I don’t see any panic coming out of the Branch since AB mentioned both of these guys will be Falcons for life I’m expecting that’ll be the case,unless something drastic happens to negate that.

Grady won’t be extended this year.  Julio will, though

17 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Why would he? He gets hurt and Falcons pull the tag he is screwed.

Can’t rescind it now...

Edited: I think you’re right.  May 3rd is when it’s fully guaranteed.

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

Looking at things from their perspective, I don't blame either of them for not reporting at this point.  They'll both be here for camp, unless something totally blows up. No matter what, they'll be here regular season.

Falconsin2012 likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Can’t rescind it now...

Edited: I think you’re right.  May 3rd is when it’s fully guaranteed.

I didn’t think he even signed it to date. Did he and I am losing it?

6 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I didn’t think he even signed it to date. Did he and I am losing it?

No. If he signed it then we couldn't take it away.

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

No. If he signed it then we couldn't take it away.

That was my initial point...

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

If you knew that then why did you ask?

Ughhhh....because I was quoted that we couldn’t rescind it now....:sadwave:

let me spell it out...I stated he wouldn’t show because of the risk of getting hurt without having the tender signed...then based on the reply I questioned if I missed news that he signed it...all clear now?

3 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Ughhhh....because I was quoted that we couldn’t rescind it now....:sadwave:

let me spell it out...I stated he wouldn’t show because of the risk of getting hurt without having the tender signed...then based on the reply I questioned if I missed news that he signed it...all clear now?

In the post you quoted he even said he was wrong and it's may 3rd. Are you not able to read more than one sentence at a time?

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

You reckon we’ll have to wait and see

I hope the falcons don’t cave and give in to his demands. He needs to prove he’s worth Donald money first. I don’t care about what other high paid DT’s make and what they’ve done, Grady needs to do more. Grady’s presence didn’t make the defense any better by any means. Jones proved to be the best player on defense last year and he only played a few games. If anything that’s who they should be focusing on extending. 

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Honestly, I think it makes sense to tag him again next year

No. This years number for a DT is $15.355 million. Almost a $2 million dollar increase over last year. Franchise him again next year and you’re looking at a potential $17.5 million cap hit for him. Doesn’t make sense at all unless he actually has a break out season

Falconsin2012 likes this

Well the tag for one thing buys the Falcons time. If there not into signing him long term I’m not tagging him again I’d let him go.

The draft will tell a story if we don’t touch a DT early I believe Jarrett will be a falcon long term.

Falconsin2012 likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

No. This years number for a DT is $15.355 million. Almost a $2 million dollar increase over last year. Franchise him again next year and you’re looking at a potential $17.5 million cap hit for him. Doesn’t make sense at all unless he actually has a break out season

I’d prefer a Tag of 18 mill as opposed to 21 mill avg if we cave

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’d prefer a Tag if 18 mill to 21 mill avg if we cave

If he doesn’t actually live up to the hype you’re actually willing to pay him $18 million? It’s not worth it. Hopefully they’ll be smart enough to let him walk and allow someone else to overpay him if that’s the case

Falconsin2012 likes this

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Well the tag for one thing buys the Falcons time. If there not into signing him long term I’m not tagging him again I’d let him go.

The draft will tell a story if we don’t touch a DT early I believe Jarrett will be a falcon long term.

I mean they can get a DT in the 3rd that they really like just like they did with him and could still spell the end for him if he proves himself out