Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ike barn87987

I think we are moving up.... but for this guy

27 posts in this topic

It is possible as I think this is that right guy for the right spot.  If he dropped to 8 to 10 than I could see Falcons making a play.  Jaguars may get him at 7

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

14 minutes ago, jamesmasen said:

I really think we need to go OT in the first if we can.. nothing blows a season up faster than crap OL

What about a defense that can't get off the field? Kinda renders that ol useless

slick0ne likes this

I think we stay put and then trade back a few spot, picking up an extra 3rd. Then we use that 3rd and our 2nd to trade up to the end of the first or early second. We come away with two late first round picks that we want. 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

If you move up, it needs to be for a game changer, someone far better than what would be available at your pick.

He isn't. He's just the best this draft has at his position. In many other drafts, he'd be the 4th (at best) OT off the board.

Knight of God likes this

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

What about a defense that can't get off the field? Kinda renders that ol useless

Give Ryan some time and he will put up 40 on the opponent like in 2016. All you need is a decent defense, but if it’s top 10 then that’s what makes you a contender in the playoffs. Can’t score 40 or even 20 when the pocket collapses in 1.5 seconds. Very simple. Top 5 offense, top 10 defense, super bowl with this regime! 

Edited by tonatl07

45 minutes ago, hjerry said:

If you move up, it needs to be for a game changer, someone far better than what would be available at your pick.

He isn't. He's just the best this draft has at his position. In many other drafts, he'd be the 4th (at best) OT off the board.

Meh....the reason his value might be considered less is he is considered primarily a right tackle.   However, in today’s NFL, the line is being blurred - a little bit - as DCs are moving their passrushers around the formation.

Jawaan Taylor doesn’t have a lot of weaknesses in his game - he sometimes stands  a little too tall.

I wouldn’t trade up for him but if he fell to our pick I would take him.

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

No team wins with a quarterback on his *** .. plain and simple. The best Defenses get beat up in the NFL on a weekly basis.. like the cowboys game last year why did we lose.. Matt Ryan running for his life defense did enough to win that game 

4 hours ago, tonatl07 said:

Give Ryan some time and he will put up 40 on the opponent like in 2016. All you need is a decent defense, but if it’s top 10 then that’s what makes you a contender in the playoffs. Can’t score 40 or even 20 when the pocket collapses in 1.5 seconds. Very simple. Top 5 offense, top 10 defense, super bowl with this regime! 

We lost two games last year when we scored 35 and 34 points.

slick0ne likes this

If he is there at 14 I would pick him.. but no to a trade up.. we need to get away with a good DL prospect in this draft.. trading up would screw that..

6 hours ago, hjerry said:

Thank you! I keep trying to say, this isn’t the average draft. It’s challenging. If we move up for this guy I’ll be ticked.

slick0ne and hjerry like this

Just don't move up.  I don't think they're able to identify their guy that precisely this year.  Try to have as many top 120 picks as you can and get some solid players who you hope you can develop into more.

We could use a starter or rotation piece at OT, DE, DT, CB, WR, RB and future Center.  Get guys who can actually compete at all those.

8 hours ago, jamesmasen said:

I really think we need to go OT in the first if we can.. nothing blows a season up faster than crap OL

And nothing gets all our picks like trading up in the top of the first round, I know you didn't suggest it ,, but some on this thread wants to.. that would be ashamed.. there are many great players that will be just as good as the 13 ahead of us.. Many.. No way are we going to trade up.. 

Posted (edited)

Depending on price moving up to 3-8 for Bosa, Oliver, or Williams and that’s it. 

Edited by NeonDeion