Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlrfalcon

Is the Draft More Exciting than the Super Bowl for Falcons Fans?

33 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I do too ,, but I DVR all of it so I can rewatch and also watch what went on while I was at Church on Sundays.

Just remember what actual draft year you are watching when you rewatch it next spring. 

I get why many people are so hyped for the draft, and I follow the first couple rounds pretty closely.  But I don't get into doing all the research and homework that some of you do, simply because I have no say in what the team will do, so I don't bother predicting it.

Plus I'm just lazy.  Que sera sera. 

Every year I have a big draft party and have 8 TVs going for the draft with a ton of data, I live in Ohio so I normally watch it with Browns fans and a couple Cowboys fans.  This is normally all our favorite time of the year since our teams are rarely in the mix by the super bowl.  Weird thing is neither of them have a first round pick this year so I’m by far the most excited for next week.

94F34133-79E8-4738-A0B3-AFAA9552B0CC.jpeg

On 4/14/2019 at 10:14 AM, AvidFalconFan said:

IMO 

I enjoyed the draft the way it used to be on Saturday rounds1-3 and Sunday rounds 4-7.  Always looked forward for that weekend. Now its Thursday night round 1 and the remaining rounds on Friday and Saturday . All for the TV prime times and money. So to me the league screwed it up for the fans. 

Also liked it held in NY at Radio City. It was a big event for NFL fans. Now it's less exciting IMO.

Couldn’t disagree more.  I enjoy being able to digest the players over a longer period of time, especially round one, who went where, all that stuff.  It did not screw it up for fans, more people watched round one of the draft last year than nba or mlb playoff games.  It is at an all time popularity high.

On 4/14/2019 at 11:22 AM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Tankin has never been funny to me.

It shouldn’t be funny, but it’s real.  We won three games in a row after being eliminated from playoffs that didn’t save any player’s or coaches’ their jobs.  It took us from pick 5-14.  It also took us from 4th in the NFC south to 2nd.  Which means we play the Eagles instead of the Giants and the Vikings instead of Detroit.  I’m not in favor of tanking, but there is legit logic behind why it makes sense.  There are ways to tank that could be less obvious, like playing backups like in a preseason game to see what you have after chalking up the season as a loss when you’ve been eliminated from playoffs.  

“You play to win the game!”  But what happens when you can’t win it all anymore because of Injuries or other things?  What if injuries wrecked your season and you can’t make the playoffs and you start your depth players to get a better vision of what you truly have on your roster?  Is that still tanking?

16 hours ago, rings639 said:

Every year I have a big draft party and have 8 TVs going for the draft with a ton of data, I live in Ohio so I normally watch it with Browns fans and a couple Cowboys fans.  This is normally all our favorite time of the year since our teams are rarely in the mix by the super bowl.  Weird thing is neither of them have a first round pick this year so I’m by far the most excited for next week.

94F34133-79E8-4738-A0B3-AFAA9552B0CC.jpeg

Your TV setup looks awesome and fun! Also like the dog! :)

rings639 likes this

17 hours ago, AvidFalconFan said:

Your TV setup looks awesome and fun! Also like the dog! :)

Thanks, yeah he snuck in and laid down just as I shot the pic lol.