Champford

Falcons sign Tyeler Davison

238 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, GleasonForever! said:

I don’t see how he is better than the McClain signing last year. Another lazy signing to me. 

I’ll always give Quinn a chance though. Not that us fans have any say anyways. 

I’m confused how they’re anything similar? Davidson is a 3 year starter for the Saints and they had the #1 run defense in the NFL last year. Only 26 too.

3 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I think this is huge. Literally. More beef the better.  Can’t belive saints let him go. Or can’t bleieve we got em. 

They replaced him with Malcolm Brown, so that’s an upgrade. Davison is actually pretty good against the run. Don’t expect anything from him as a pass rusher at all. Overall I’d say he’s an average DT. I highly doubt he starts for you guys, but as far as depth goes, good signing. He will at least be in the d line rotation. 

THEHEADCOACH and VTCrunkler like this

1 minute ago, CocoLoco said:

He’s solid depth. Played decent snaps for us. He’s above average on run defense, below average as a pass rusher. 

Thank you , thank you very much.. I still hope we draft Wilkins at 14... and an OL in round two.. 

egoprime II likes this

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

More garbage. This isn’t depth, just a body.

This guy can get some serious snaps for us and be a stout run defender. He’s definitely more than “just a body” gtfo. 

Diggable Birds likes this

We sign this guy for run downs and draft Oliver to rotate and be a 3T on pass downs. I don’t know why people are freaking out and think we won’t draft Oliver if we can. The minute we play a big line with only Oliver and Jarrett, they will 1) Run it up the middle all day 2) Wear our light DLine out like the have been for ages. We need a true Nose to stop the bleeding. Oliver will replace Grady because we can’t afford him long term and he made it known he wants to out of Atlanta to test FA and get a big payday. This is the FO preparing for Grady to leave next year and shoring up the run D. 

Edited by droopy1592

Consider 1T done. Senat and Davison got it on lockdown moving forward.

Can do anything in the draft we want now. Officially with this move. It finalizes depth moves every single place we needed it; regarding any relatively high draft pick.

Except...for...of course...

Cornerback :tiphat:

I hope the FO is not just making deals willy-nilly from a position of being job-scared.  Which we all know they probably are...job-scared, I mean.   

There's nothing worse than management decisions made simply because their jobs are on the line. 

24 minutes ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

I’m confused how they’re anything similar? Davidson is a 3 year starter for the Saints and they had the #1 run defense in the NFL last year. Only 26 too.

Probably assuming he's a 30 YO vet minimum signing coming off bad year.

All 3 would be wrong takes. Hence, his opinion is just name spewing reaction only b/c it ain't a big name. :tiphat:

1T is set for all I care. Let's go BPA Draft. :)

7 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I hope the FO is not just making deals willy-nilly from a position of being job-scared.  Which we all know they probably are...job-scared, I mean.   

There's nothing worse than management decisions made simply because their jobs are on the line. 

Every contract so far has outs built in by design and relatively low caphits early or period; and where the hits could go higher we have players coming off the books.

Not a single signing has us strapped for the future.

If they were scared they'd panic overspend on a FA or just give Grady whatever and not negotiate.

The FO is showing patience and thoroughness before the draft.

How is there possibly a bad take from this signing? :huh:

vitaman, falconidae, duckhoa and 1 other like this

10 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

We sign this guy for run downs and draft Oliver to rotate and be a 3T on pass downs. I don’t know why people are freaking out and think we won’t draft Oliver if we can. The minute we play a big line with only Oliver and Jarrett, they will 1) Run it up the middle all day 2) Wear our light DLine out like the have been for ages. We need a true Nose to stop the bleeding. Oliver will replace Grady because we can afford him and he made it known he wants to out of Atlanta to test FA and get a big payday. 

It's very possible we try to move up for Oliver for reasons related to Grady's contract dynamic in play but the moves in FA before the draft are simply setting us up to do what we want.

Oliver would be closest thing to a fix for losing GJ next year; if he were just not agreeable at all. THAT is possible scenario...

Then, with Oliver at 3T next; year after playing all over the DL as a rookie...would allow us to draft EDGE next year to overturn the VB leaving scenario.

However, I doubt we trade up at all costs. Only if he falls enough in the Draft; hence the "DET and ATL swapping 1sts if player ATL wants is at 8" rumor etc...therefore the 'alternate' DT at 14 or trade down for CB approach.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
The Daywalker likes this

8 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Every contract so far has outs built in by design and relatively low caphits early or period; and where the hits could go higher we have players coming off the books.

Not a single signing has us strapped for the future.

If they were scared they'd panic overspend on a FA or just give Grady whatever and not negotiate.

The FO is showing patience and thoroughness before the draft.

How is there possibly a bad take from this signing? :huh:

I didn't say it was bad. 

Merely posited a general concern not necessarily related to it. 

Schwarzwald likes this

46 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I will say that the FO has been busy as **** this year. 

Indeed. For a team with supposedly little to no CAP wiggle room, Quinn and TD have been shucking and jiving big time. I think they've done an excellent job so far, but we'll know more as the weeks and months roll on.

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

I didn't say it was bad. 

Merely posited a general concern not necessarily related to it. 

Fair enough, but the only thing close to panic signings would be the OG moves to start FA. However, they still are early-out contracts.

I'm loving our setup to this draft. We can nail it how we want.

Julio will get done. My concern is GJ moving forward.

You can only control so much on draft day. Just get the BPA on our board where you need a starter/depth for 2019 or roster overturn/replacement of existing starter by 2020.

egoprime II and octoslash like this

12 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Probably still going for Oliver

Agreed. It's just unfortunately contingent on if he falls enough to a trade partner we won't be gouged by in order to get him. That DET rumor having any merit? Take my 3rd and next year's 4th if that's all DET asks for. EZ.

E   Z

Z

blizzard_falcon likes this

55 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Played 40% of the defensive snaps last year and for what it's worth they had the #1 run defense for a majority of the year and finished #2.

He's not a flashy signing but could add the run stopping element just the same as Danny Shelton. 

@g-dawg @GeorgiaBoyz and everyone else I argued with, I'm happy now. We got some run defense help (although I would like some more, Chase Winovich/Zach Allen if possible)

Let's trade up and go get Ed ******* Oliver.

Great, welcome aboard Yo!

You never want to dictate the top of the draft over a run stuffer - better to get a role player for that task.

Trade up for Oliver or Sweat, whoever falls to #8.