Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ike barn87987

I don't agree with McClure on this

18 posts in this topic

Check out @vxmcclure23’s Tweet:

In the link he says depending on how high we draft a CB, it shows the level of confidence we have in Oliver. I believe we draft a CB high, but it's eventually Trufant's replacement. DQ is always talking about the jump from year 1 to 2. Why would he already be giving up on Oliver? At the end of the day it's about Trufant's contract matching his production, and also DQ didn't draft him and he wants his type of corners.

Flyin' In DC likes this

I generally don't agree with anything McClure says.

Seems like he is reaching and fabricating something, and it feels like all this DB talk is smoke (imo) but I guess we will find out in a couple weeks.  I'd say given that they let several corners walk, they are comfortable with Oliver right where he is.

I think CB is our biggest weakness right now. I do realize Quinn, Dimi and TATF have already penciled Oliver in at RCB but I would definitely draft at least a day two corner, trade a pick for a vet, or sign a June 2 vet with some of Shredder's money and let them compete with Oliver and Tru.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I think CB is our biggest weakness right now. I do realize Quinn, Dimi and TATF have already penciled Oliver in at RCB but I would definitely draft at least a day two corner, trade a pick for a vet, or sign a June 2 vet with some of Shredder's money and let them compete with Oliver and Tru.

It is a position of need, I just hope not at 14.  If that is the mentality, I'd rather trade back, collect some more picks, take a corner in the 20s, then turn around and use those picks for another late first or early second trade up.

I don't think there is any corner worthy of the pick at 14...but that's me...

Flyin' In DC likes this

6 minutes ago, athell said:

It is a position of need, I just hope not at 14.  If that is the mentality, I'd rather trade back, collect some more picks, take a corner in the 20s, then turn around and use those picks for another late first or early second trade up.

I don't think there is any corner worthy of the pick at 14...but that's me...

Corners are gonna fly off the board in the first two rounds. I'd rather find a vet that can compete. Take corner if BPA.

1 hour ago, athell said:

I generally don't agree with anything McClure says.

Seems like he is reaching and fabricating something, and it feels like all this DB talk is smoke (imo) but I guess we will find out in a couple weeks.  I'd say given that they let several corners walk, they are comfortable with Oliver right where he is.

By that logic if we drafted EO does that mean we are giving up on GJ? I’m pretty sure we are taking the BPA. I’m just not sure what pick he will be taken with. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

14 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Corners are gonna fly off the board in the first two rounds. I'd rather find a vet that can compete. Take corner if BPA.

Corners and OT's are going to fly off the board.  Perhaps the FO plans to move into the early second or late first round to draft their OT/CB.  

The Falcons have quietly been working out quite a few free agent DT's.  Could they have a plan to sign one of them and not draft that position this year?  If so, OT and CB could be their early round targets.

Posted (edited)

I mean I know we got some FA help, but I'd rather we used our 1st rd pick to help fix the trenches with up and coming talent. If we go CB in the first, it is what it is, but I still think the lines need the most love.

IMO.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite

17 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

I don't either. Or this HC.

Yea until DQ gets this defense to top 10 again. DQ is the reason the defense has top players in football right now