Tomahawk Choppa

WalterFooball's newest mock!

40 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2019 at 6:54 AM, Knight of God said:

If they are smart we will. One of those guys plays inside and outside.

Actually both of those guys are swing guys because neither is a pure “speed” EDGE.

Knight of God and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, jazzyburrell said:

Actually both of those guys are swing guys because neither is a pure “speed” EDGE.

I’m not correcting you, but edge isn’t always speed. 

jazzyburrell likes this

Posted (edited)

On 4/12/2019 at 5:43 AM, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Someone on this board will have a misunderstanding and say they don't want him on the team because he could be a locker room  cancer after reading your post lol.

He’s a cancer. 

Edited by falconfreak1
DawnOfThemBirds likes this

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I’m not correcting you, but edge isn’t always speed. 

I don’t take it as a correction, rather it is confirmation that both guys are inside/outside guys. I don’t see either as double digit outside guys, but there is A LOT of value in guys who can do both!

Knight of God and Vandy like this

Calais Campbell ain't fast, and I'd take him all day long at DE.  In fact that's exactly the type of player I'd like at our base end position.  Looping arcs open up step up possibilities.  Good to have a couple people who can rush with power or on a tight radius.

46 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Calais Campbell ain't fast, and I'd take him all day long at DE.  In fact that's exactly the type of player I'd like at our base end position.  Looping arcs open up step up possibilities.  Good to have a couple people who can rush with power or on a tight radius.

But he is an inside guy who rarely rushes from the outside...

On 4/12/2019 at 8:21 AM, Knight of God said:

Man, he runs between the tackles, breaks arm tackles, stiff arms people. Then has blazing speed and quickness

Impressive. It's such a crying shame he's disrespectful and would be a cancer in the locker room. :lol:

Knight of God likes this

39 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

But he is an inside guy who rarely rushes from the outside...

Well you might have me there.  I thought he used to rush at the DE spot.

Regardless, I'll take a 4.8 guy with power moves over a 4.6 guy who is 250 and can only run the arc.

I'm a speed guy in general, but in the modern game, you need to be able to compress the pocket quickly, and that usually means more of a straight line, or a quick over.  

Obviously you'd rather have both options, but I've come more around to the push option being important.

Would be nice if this could happen. I doubt Tillery would make it to us in the second. 

I also think someone takes a chance on Love before the 6th.

8 hours ago, jazzyburrell said:

I don’t take it as a correction, rather it is confirmation that both guys are inside/outside guys. I don’t see either as double digit outside guys, but there is A LOT of value in guys who can do both!

Facts

On 4/12/2019 at 4:16 AM, Tomahawk Choppa said:

1st round - Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

2nd round - Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame

3rd round - Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson

4th round - Anthony Nelson, DE/DT, Iowa

4th round - Oli Udoh, G/OT, Elin

5th round - Mark Fields, CB, Clemson

5th round - Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State

6th round - Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

He didn't mock for the 7th round. Hit's on pretty much every need. I don't know much about some of these players though. What are your thoughts guys?

Hmmm....QB, Brett Rypien, of Boise State would be an interesting pick with one of our 5ths!  With that last name, I just had to check it out, and yes, he is the nephew of two-time SB winning QB, Mark Rypien.  I wouldn't mind seeing this happen AT ALL!!! 

I just watched a Bryce Love highlight video. Love his speed!!! What I don't like is that he's not getting touched until he's 15-20 yards downfield, and then he's usually down with first contact. He's had some HUGE holes. Stanford did a great job of getting him in open space. NFL won't be as easy. He needs to be able to break tackles, which I don't see him doing. For sure more Coleman than Freeman.