Falconsfan567

Ozzie Albies Extended!!

75 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Dont know why people giving braves backlash for good team friendly deals... sounds like jealousy to me.

If it were Boston, LA, Chicago, or NY, you know the talk would be "I mean people just love the place. Get over it." 

But because it's Atlanta... 

Maybe I've just bought to much into the narrative that the media hates Atlanta. Well except for Michael Wilbon. He is a pure Atlanta hater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Ron Washington!! His words on Ozzie Albies!! You can tell just how much he loves Ozzie and how much Ozzie loves him!! I just love it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Black Francis said:

I get that but he probably could have gotten twice that much. 

Gonna be interesting to see what they give Swanson...:ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Gonna be interesting to see what they give Swanson...:ninja:

Yeppers. If he keeps doing what he’s doing now Dansby will demand 3 to 4x that much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Yeppers. If he keeps doing what he’s doing now Dansby will demand 3 to 4x that much. 

Do you think Swanson is better than Albies?  Albies hit 24 homers last year...:ninja:

Edited by slickgadawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Do you think Swanson is better than Albies?  Albies hit 24 homers last year...:ninja:

I don’t know yet, just saying I don’t believe the market has changed THAT much. If he has a breakout year forget about it. He’s not taking that deal. These young men got rooked in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to think about what is important to each person, and sometimes money is not top of the list.

I got offered a job making almost twice of what I make now, but I would have to move out of the school I work in now and move to the adminstration building. I thought about it for about 30 minutes. I knew I would rather be happy and work around these kids, work with my co-workers that I have worked with for years, dress casual every day then to go to work at the administation building.

Maybe for Ozzie the idea of staying in ATL, playing for the Braves, playing with Acuna meant more than money, it happens!

g-dawg and Falconsfan567 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Dansby will sign for a reasonable amount. Hes trying to build a brand and his brand fits best in Atlanta. His brand is literally named All Things Loyal and centered around Atlanta. It focuses on the community and heavy emphasis on his local roots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Black Francis said:

I don’t know yet, just saying I don’t believe the market has changed THAT much. If he has a breakout year forget about it. He’s not taking that deal. These young men got rooked in my opinion. 

Maybe. I think there is risk on both sides. Some people have been outspoken as if Atlanta has taken advantage of these guys. But the hedging runs both ways. Albies is taking enough money now that his family may be wealthy for generations. Sure he could make more in 3 or 4 years but what if he fizzles or gets injured? Atlanta saves money if Albies is a stud. But they just guaranteed 35 million to a kid who has had 3 good months in the bigs and thats it. There are more than one example of a Angel Berroa or Jerome Walton. Guys who had a solid year then went away. I am glad we got him and I think due to the risk on both sides it is a fair deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This also wont be Albies last contract. If he lives up to his potential he can get another one. He would be 31 after 9 years is up. That's plenty of time to sign another significant deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

 

Man what a shame this lady bringing racism to the table for a man who just got guaranteed 35 mil. Tell u what ill take it, and u can explicitly call me any racial slur u want. It was a nice try tho. The people exploited are minor leaguers in general. Not one race all of them. They truly sacrifice for the chance to do what they love. Trout shouldnt make 35 to 40 million a year while a minor leaguer is literally starving. In what world can you perform the same job as someone else and have such a pay gap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

 

Latin kids?  What about college kids HERE getting shafted playing football and basketball?   Several state senators want to correct this...

Edited by slickgadawg
Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Latin kids?  What about college kids HERE getting shafted playing football and basketball?   Several state senators want to correct this...

Everyone gets shafted. It's just a matter of who is doing it. Minor league baseball or the NCAA. Latin players just usually have more emphasis because their families are often in danger in their home countries. Like the Venezuelan mess right now. Theres a history of players families being kidnapped and held for a ransom. EOF's point was these type of deals can allow the players to take care of their family properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Black Francis said:

I quit smoking.  Just wanted to share. Still not sure about this contract but I’m glad he’ll be here a long time. 

Congrats. I quit Sept of 2017 after about 24 years

Black Francis likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Black Francis said:

I quit smoking.  Just wanted to share. Still not sure about this contract but I’m glad he’ll be here a long time. 

Good luck! I quick 20 years ago after trying to quit at least 10 times.  It's tough, but WELL worth it.

Black Francis likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Good luck! I quick 20 years ago after trying to quit at least 10 times.  It's tough, but WELL worth it.

Thx for the support and congrats!

BamaBirdLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 9:45 AM, Unkn0wn said:

I feel like Dansby will sign for a reasonable amount. Hes trying to build a brand and his brand fits best in Atlanta. His brand is literally named All Things Loyal and centered around Atlanta. It focuses on the community and heavy emphasis on his local roots.

What was the name of that pitcher we traded to the DpucheBacks and DBacks GM Dave Stewart?

Two starting players at premium positions for last two years and counting. :rolleyes:

I literally cannot remember the name of that pitcher! :tiphat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 5:36 PM, Unkn0wn said:

Everyone gets shafted. It's just a matter of who is doing it. Minor league baseball or the NCAA. Latin players just usually have more emphasis because their families are often in danger in their home countries. Like the Venezuelan mess right now. Theres a history of players families being kidnapped and held for a ransom. EOF's point was these type of deals can allow the players to take care of their family properly.

College tuition has increased at about Triple the rate of inflation because of readily available student loans.   Fed government wants to control pharmaceutical and gas prices but sits on their hands at the real price gouging.  Student loans are the next economic bubble.

BamaBirdLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

What was the name of that pitcher we traded to the DpucheBacks and DBacks GM Dave Stewart?

Two starting players at premium positions for last two years and counting. :rolleyes:

I literally cannot remember the name of that pitcher! :tiphat:

Shelby Miller was the pitcher we traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now