Falconsfan567

Ozzie Albies Extended!!

75 posts in this topic

Interested to see the dollar figures on the options. Not that this isn't a massive win for the Braves anyway.

1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

Interested to see the dollar figures on the options. Not that this isn't a massive win for the Braves anyway.

Only $7M a piece with $4M buyout on each.

ATLBrave likes this

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

We're paying Albies only $12 million more for seven seasons than we're paying Donaldson for one season.

That is crazy! I love Albies, hope he will be a Brave for life!

I think Donaldson is a one and done type guy. Really didn't like the deal when when we signed him, with Camargo doing his thing at 3rd and rotating Charlie in there, didn't see that as a real need. But I am not paid the big bucks to make those decisions.

AA: "We don't have a list of players and just going down it checking them off. We don't have an order or preference for contract extensions. Even when we engage a player's agent for a contract extension we won't make that public because we don't want it to become a distraction. We have a great group of players and we want to keep them together."

AA: "In all my years of being a GM I don't normally do deals this early in a player's career but we feel very strongly that these players want to be here long-term."

Drew4719 likes this

24 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

That is crazy! I love Albies, hope he will be a Brave for life!

I think Donaldson is a one and done type guy. Really didn't like the deal when when we signed him, with Camargo doing his thing at 3rd and rotating Charlie in there, didn't see that as a real need. But I am not paid the big bucks to make those decisions.

Agreed. Would have much rather had Keuchel or Kimbrel for 1 yr/23 mil.

3 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Agreed. Would have much rather had Keuchel or Kimbrel for 1 yr/23 mil.

Neither Keuchel nor Kimbrel would provide the added power that the FO determined was required for the line-up. 

3 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Neither Keuchel nor Kimbrel would provide the added power that the FO determined was required for the line-up. 

Donaldson is heating up and is great on defense but his power sure is helping :P

Just now, ATLFalcon36 said:

Donaldson is heating up and is great on defense but his power sure is helping :P

:lol:

Wait for it...