Falconsfan567

Mets at Braves

686 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, oztin said:

I like how many walks we are getting as a team. Its forcing pitchers to throw strikes that we can put into play and drastically rising their pitch count. I think in the first 3 innings deGrom was avg 24 pitches per inning. Thats going to get into BPs faster and the way most BPs are right now and the way are offence feast in late innings this is going to a fun year.

Yep!! It's a much welcomed change from previous years. Last year the Braves saw the fewest pitches in baseball. This year they've got to be among the highest.

On 4/14/2019 at 11:26 AM, RING OF HONOR said:

I dont want to hear about Pache not being ready....call him up now and see what the kid can do...his defense is immaculate...and his bats will most likely be better than Ender's right now...

He's not ready. Sorry. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

52 minutes ago, K26dp said:

He's not ready. Sorry. 

I dont want to hear that... No one on these board's know if hes ready...everyone is speculating...I got my opinion yall got yours...theres no right or wrong answer......I know what I see...and my eyes tell me the same thing that Chipper and Andrew see...Hes good enough right now to be here....in my Opinion..

19 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Jacob deGrom went 26 straight starts with it being a quality start and now he's gonna go 2 straight starts without turning in a quality start. Braves did an amazing job tonight to make him throw over 100 pitches in only 5 innings.

This is what I love about baseball. It's the most impossible sport in the world to predict. Luck is such a critical component of any streak, good or bad. He's a great pitcher, but he was going up against the law of averages with the quality start run. Now, he's slipping back on the bell curve after being such an extreme outlier in 2018.

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I dont want to hear that... No one on these board's know if hes ready...everyone is speculating...I got my opinion yall got yours...theres no right or wrong answer......I know what I see...and my eyes tell me the same thing that Chipper and Andrew see...Hes good enough right now to be here....in my Opinion..

Judging off 12 games against Spring Training rosters? Hes not ready just yet. Hes just recently started finding his power. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

If Pache is even a fraction offensively of what he showed during spring training, watch out! Problem is, super small sample size applies. His career in the minors, heretofore, suggests that he's light in the stick. We need to see what version of Pache is the real deal - short power surge or true man growth into real power? Too early to tell. 

He'll always be otherworldly defensively. 

21 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

It's a great country where your opinion is worth just as much as anyone else's around here.

But he's not ready. I mean, I watch him almost every night. He's made huge progress the last couple of years, and I think he's going to be an outstanding player. But if you brought him up right now, he would be exposed against major league pitchers. 

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 minute ago, K26dp said:

It's a great country where your opinion is worth just as much as anyone else's around here.

But he's not ready. I mean, I watch him almost every night. He's made huge progress the last couple of years, and I think he's going to be an outstanding player. But if you brought him up right now, he would be exposed against major league pitchers. 

Ender has been pissing me off...my alcohol has worn off and thinking about it more...yall might be right