Cole World

Falcons Pre-Season Schedule 2019

30 posts in this topic

I wonder why we have the same pre-season opponents every year. It's weird. And boring. Broncos would have been fun, if not for it being the HOF game. 

20 minutes ago, vel said:

I wonder why we have the same pre-season opponents every year. It's weird. And boring. Broncos would have been fun, if not for it being the HOF game. 

Less travel expenses for meaningless exhibition games is my guess. And no games within the NFCS of course, so this was the best they could do prolly.

The opponents don't matter, but I like the mostly AFC slate.

24 minutes ago, vel said:

Pretty sure I read preseason opponents are based on geographic location.  ie they want teams to not have to travel very far in the preseason.

1 hour ago, vel said:

Its a cheaper travel schedule for meaningless games 

Well at least we won’t have a rained out week 3 pre season game. Seemed like we are always away at Jax or Miami right in the middle of hurricane season. Dress rehearsal game against WAS is much better. 

1 hour ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I’m sick of playing the Dolphins and jaguars every preseason 

agree how hard is it to get some other teams for preseason

KCFalcon22 likes this

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I am stoked.....that means that the falcons play the Cardinals in Arizona during the regular season

I made the game last time we were out there, we lost smh.. I'm back in GA now so hopefully you make it and are better luck lol

falconsd56 likes this

14 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I made the game last time we were out there, we lost smh.. I'm back in GA now so hopefully you make it and are better luck lol

I am just glad that it is regular season.

Too bad that you're not in still in Arizona.... I'm going to try to organize another meet-up of Arizona falcon fans once I get back there.

Hopefully we can get a small contingent of fans to go and be louder then some of the lame Card fans.

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Too bad that you're not in still in Arizona.... I'm going to try to organize another meet-up of Arizona falcon fans once I get back there.

Hopefully we can get a small contingent of fans to go and be louder then some of the lame Card fans.

If I make it back there during the season  I'll definitely let you know. Would be down to meet up with fellow birds and make some noise in that toaster oven Lmao 

12 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I’m sick of playing the Dolphins and jaguars every preseason 

Living in Central Florida,  I love it.    We get every Dolphins and Jags preseason game on TV,   so this year I can watch 3 Falcons preseason games without having to hunt them down on the web. 

The bad part is, it's always the Florida teams announcers.....

KCFalcon22 likes this

15 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Less travel expenses for meaningless exhibition games is my guess. And no games within the NFCS of course, so this was the best they could do prolly.

The opponents don't matter, but I like the mostly AFC slate.

15 hours ago, athell said:

Pretty sure I read preseason opponents are based on geographic location.  ie they want teams to not have to travel very far in the preseason.

Makes sense. Just weird we'd keep getting the Jets and not the Titans then. Maybe even Cincinnati over Washington for an AFC opponent. 

Tim Mazetti and athell like this

7 hours ago, drk_nte said:

Living in Central Florida,  I love it.    We get every Dolphins and Jags preseason game on TV,   so this year I can watch 3 Falcons preseason games without having to hunt them down on the web. 

The bad part is, it's always the Florida teams announcers.....

I can see your point there.

4 hours ago, vel said:

Makes sense. Just weird we'd keep getting the Jets and not the Titans then. Maybe even Cincinnati over Washington for an AFC opponent. 

Yep.

16 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Im stationed in Tucson, as long as im not deployed when they come to Arizona. The wife and I will be there shouting loud. Count me in on the meet up

22 hours ago, vel said:

Close proximity to other teams means less travel time and expense. Usually when teams scrimmage they are a short trip in the same time zone. (but not a conference opponent)

2 hours ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Im stationed in Tucson, as long as im not deployed when they come to Arizona. The wife and I will be there shouting loud. Count me in on the meet up

My little brother was born at Davis-Monthan in 1960. My bicycle was stolen there and recovered in a flash flood canal. Had to have a license plate then so the cops brought it home to me.

Lived on Betelgeuse Ave.