Billy Ocean

Game of Thrones | Season 8 | ***Official*** Discussion Thread

1,184 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Beef said:

This guy is awesome too.  If you want to be wildly entertained for the next couple days, you should binge watch all his "Pitch Meetings".

Nah I don't get off on hating on stuff anymore. After Star Wars, I'm done with hate. It's a dead end road that leads to incels and the alt right.

4 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Season 8 wasn't that bad guys...

Dude, it was so poorly written over 50% of watchers surveyed have called it crap.

The plot holes were infinite, the teleporting of characters all over the world was asinine, the plot armor for main characters was nauseating, the lack of logic compared to irrational convenience was so absurdly ridiculous that it made "fantasy" and "science fiction" go "WTF is this nonsense?", the destruction of virtually every longterm character arc was baffling, and the obnoxious levels of attempted "subversion" absolutely destroyed every semblance of original plot arc that GRRM created.

These 2 idiots ruined the show.  It went from "best ever" to "I don't even care to re-watch any of this again." in six short weeks.

Ransack likes this

2 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Nah I don't get off on hating on stuff anymore. After Star Wars, I'm done with hate. It's a dead end road that leads to incels and the alt right.

The second one isn't "hating on stuff" you whiny little girl.  It's a very clever synopses of season 8 done satirically.

3 minutes ago, Beef said:

The second one isn't "hating on stuff" you whiny little girl.  It's a very clever synopses of season 8 done satirically.

A Grown man is seriously calling someone else a "whiny little girl" ?

Wow

30 minutes ago, Beef said:

This guy is awesome too.  If you want to be wildly entertained for the next couple days, you should binge watch all his "Pitch Meetings".

It's super easy, barely an inconvenience.

lostone and Beef like this

7 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

A Grown man is seriously calling someone else a "whiny little girl" ?

Wow

Oh shut up and quit whining.  Good grief.

"Hating makes me like the alt right!!"

LOL, what a beta cuckold.

7 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I was just commenting in the other thread about people injecting their politics into non political threads.

Highly annoying.  

lol you can't decide what is and isn't political with some arbitrary "it offends me" standard of measure

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

lol you can't decide what is and isn't political with some arbitrary "it offends me" standard of measure

Some a-hole invoking derogatory “alt right” references in a GOT thread is precisely what cream puff little beta cucks who suffer from TDS do.

”I no longer do hate!!”, as you spew hate.

Go be a hypocrite somewhere else. 

Edited by Beef

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Boner said:

Show Euron was easily the biggest disappointment of the entire series.

Euron was so freakin awesome on that show.  

I have imagined an entire scenario of how they created the character for the show.

WAITING ROOM FOR GOT CASTING

AIDE: Pilou Asbaek

PILO: Thats me.

AIDE: We are ready for you

ENTER A SMALL ROOM WITH THREE PEOPLE SITTING AT A TABLE

Casting Director: Thanks for coming in.  We were wondering if you could read this part as Bennett from Commando.

Pilo: Sure, I love Alyssa Milano.

latest?cb=20110511085249

Edited by Flip Flop

3 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

Alright @Beef, as much as you hate season 8 you can't tell me you didn't have any holy s*** moments in the new season.  Holy s*** moments don't come often in any TV shows.  Holy s*** moments I can think of:

• Dragon scorching the night king only to have him brush it off.
  • Jon confronts the Night King and Night King lifts his hands bring back all the fallen unsullied, Dothraki (spelling?), and even Starks in the crypt.
  • Arya stabbing the night king (slightly lame how this went down but it was still a holy **** moment)
  • 2nd dragon getting taken out.
  • Daenerys and Dragon breaking through wall around Westeros.
  • Daenerys losing her **** and burning down Westeros.

I don't consider Jon killing Daenerys to be a holy **** moment as I was kind of expecting him to do it when they first met up by the iron throne.  Nor do I consider Bram's selection a holy **** moment as they just kind of sat there and talked about it.  But unless I'm forgetting something I got 6 bonafide holy **** moments in season 8.  

When the dragon burned the throne

3 hours ago, Flip Flop said:

Euron was so freakin awesome on that show.  

I have imagined an entire scenario of how they created the character for the show.

WAITING ROOM FOR GOT CASTING

AIDE: Pilou Asbaek

PILO: Thats me.

AIDE: We are ready for you

ENTER A SMALL ROOM WITH THREE PEOPLE SITTING AT A TABLE

Casting Director: Thanks for coming in.  We were wondering if you could read this part as Bennett from Commando.

Pilo: Sure, I love Alyssa Milano.

latest?cb=20110511085249

He’s so much better in the books. Show Euron is a cartoon caricature. 

Flip Flop likes this

6 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

There is a "Night's King" who is only mentioned in passing and is probably just a fairy tale.  He was a former commander of the Night's Watch and slept with what was probably a female white walker. 

The White Walkers (they're called the Others in the books) are far less prevalent in the books. 

They're prevalent, they are driving the plot along and beyond the wall after all. They just haven't appeared much.

IIRC they also talked in their own language each time they did appear which made them even creepier.

5 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

Alright @Beef, as much as you hate season 8 you can't tell me you didn't have any holy s*** moments in the new season.  Holy s*** moments don't come often in any TV shows.  Holy s*** moments I can think of:

• Jon confronts the Night King and Night King lifts his hands bring back all the fallen unsullied, Dothraki (spelling?), and even Starks in the crypt.
  • Arya stabbing the night king (slightly lame how this went down but it was still a holy **** moment)

I don't consider Jon killing Daenerys to be a holy **** moment as I was kind of expecting him to do it when they first met up by the iron throne.  Nor do I consider Bram's selection a holy **** moment as they just kind of sat there and talked about it.  But unless I'm forgetting something I got 6 bonafide holy **** moments in season 8.  

Nah, it sucked ***.

Beef likes this

6 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I didn't have holy s*** moments at any of those, actually.

1. I was irritated by the fact the Night King's armor came out unscathed by the dragon fire.  Sure's he's magical and immune, but his armor, which is mostly leather, is not.  His armor wasn't even scorched or changed in color.

2. No, I, and everyone else I know, wanted to see Jon and the NK have a big duel.  I was also ticked at the plot armor given to Jon who was now surrounded by thousands of wights but somehow still survived and was able to make it inside the walls.  At this same time, the plot armor around ALL the main characters was getting freaking ridiculous.  Everyone else was drying, except the main characters, who were all swarmed by dozens of wights, but somehow survived.  The camera would cut away to another scene, then come back 5 minutes later, and the same main characters would be the only ones alive STILL swarmed by dozens of wights.  On top of all this, Tyrion was supposed to be the smartest man in the show, but apparently he was too stupid to realize hiding in a crypt while in a battle with a guy who can raise the dead might be a bad idea.  The entire time, me and the people I'm watching this with were bringing up all these questions... in the middle of the episode, just shaking our heads and going, "WTF?"

3. The only cool thing about the Arya scene was her doing the dagger swap move between her hands.  But prior to that, we were all again asking how the he!! she got past the hundreds of wights and dozen or so White Walkers, and then miraculously jumped 15 feet in the air.  I get that she's a sneaky assassin, but she's not invisible and she doesn't have a 140" vertical jump.  I was also peeved that Bran essentially sent Theon to his death like 2 minutes before that.  How does that make sense?  Why not go, "Theon, Arya will be here in a couple minutes and she kills the NK.  Hurry, run the OTHER direction so you don't have a meaningless death that could have been easily avoided.".  Just stupid lazy illogical af writing.

4. And HE!! NO, Rhaegal getting sniped out of the sky being a cool moment.  All of us sitting there watching it were like, "How the F*** did Daenerys not see all those ships?"  The instant the 3 scorpion arrows hit Rhaegal with perfect precision, the camera panned to the ships and they were in the wide open, and amazingly, only Euron was manning and firing a single scorpion.  So the next question we had was, "How the F*** did Euron machine-gun load the scorpion, get off 3 arrows inside 3 seconds, and have perfect aim from a freaking mile away with each shot?"  Again, just stupid illogical and absurdly implausible nonsense.

5/6. It was asinine that dragon fire suddenly made everything near it explode, even crap it didn't touch would just blow up.  The Mad King planted wild fire UNDER the city, but buildings rooftops and walls were literally exploding from the inside out even though Daenerys was having Drogan shoot fire down the middle of streets.  On top of this, it was silly that in the previous episode she couldn't take out Euron's fleet then and Euron was a freaking perfect marksman and able to machine-gun the scorpions, but in the final episode, not only is Euron the master marksman not even manning a scorpion, but Daenerys takes them all out with ease in about 60 seconds totally unscathed.  And oh yeah, in between my dismay about that, I'm constantly going, "WTF is she murdering women and children????"  It made ZERO sense.  None.  It was the dumbest **** I've ever seen in a show.

Sorry, but it was all so stupid, illogical, implausible, and so poorly thought out/written, that I and everyone I know couldn't enjoy it for a second.  It was an hour of head shaking and going, "WTF?" in bafflement.   Easily THE MOST disappointed I've ever been in the outcome of a show I was so heavily invested in for 8 years.  These 2 idiots ruined something special because they're idiots and horrible writers.  And now they are about to ruin 3 upcoming new Star Wars films.  What a shame.

Vogelgryff likes this

19 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Hey @Billy Ocean, there's been a lot of bewbs in Game of Thrones.  They've been nice and all but OMG the friggin red witch has the most amazing bewbs.  She has put a spell on me.  

Image result for red witch game of thrones

Agree?  Disagree?  Who's your choice?

Missandei had the nicest tiddies.

It is known. 7QfUIS3.png

AF89, The Legendary SB and lostone like this

On 6/7/2019 at 0:19 AM, Googlywoogly said:

gameofthrones-news.jpg

Long ago, I read an English folk tale about a knight who married a witch. After the wedding, she gave him a choice to either have her be super hot when they were alone and a wretched hag when they were seen in public or vice versa. So, he could impress the others in high society by having a beautiful woman on his arm and have tired old Melisandre to bone when they came home or he could have the shame of walking around with Witch Hazel his arm but always have a beautiful freak for the things that mattered.

She gave him time to consider his choice and when pressed, he told her that he'd make no choice, leaving it up to her to decide how she wanted to be presented. This was the correct answer and because he was sensitive enough to give a woman a choice (which apparently all women want), she was the young hot witch of his dreams both in public and in bed. The photo above reminded me of that old folk tale. BTW: I shudder to think of my choice.

Image result for witch hazel looney tunes

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

If she had Melisandre's bewbs there would be no reason to leave the bedroom.  

Yah, I don't really care if society wonders what's going on in the big head so long as the little head has it all figured out.

6 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Long ago, I read an English folk tale about a knight who married a witch. After the wedding, she gave him a choice to either have her be super hot when they were alone and a wretched hag when they were seen in public or vice versa. So, he could impress the others in high society by having a beautiful woman on his arm and have tired old Melisandre to bone when they came home or he could have the shame of walking around with Witch Hazel his arm but always have a beautiful freak for the things that mattered.

She gave him time to consider his choice and when pressed, he told her that he'd make no choice, leaving it up to her to decide how she wanted to be presented. This was the correct answer and because he was sensitive enough to give a woman a choice (which apparently all women want), she was the young hot witch of his dreams both in public and in bed. The photo above reminded me of that old folk tale. BTW: I shudder to think of my choice.

Image result for witch hazel looney tunes

That’s the “Canterbury Tales” “wife of bath” Tale

AF89 and JayOzOne like this

10 hours ago, AF89 said:

look at the big brain on lo

Lol I didn’t read a lot of those books in high school, but that book was interesting.