Billy Ocean

Game of Thrones | Season 8 | ***Official*** Discussion Thread

1,184 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

The timing on that is complicated if taking KL from Cersei is the final big battle. But if fAegon is already in Westeros at the end of Dance of Dragons, he might not immediately go to KL. I suspect he’ll take some smaller castles and gather reinforcements. 

He's supposed to be consolidating Dorne as an ally (so probably waring on the Reach)

I suspect/hope things like Dorne's tacit acceptance of a foriegn cripple can In the books be explained by the fact that they probably got thier shyyt ****ed up stanning for Aegon and aren't really in a position to demand independence....or maybe Bran takes that Dornish princess that wasn't in the show as queen I dunno

mdrake34 likes this

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

tbf everyone signed up before Sansa dipset which was the biggest **** you ever. 

35 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

RIP Tyrion is a secret Targaryen theory :slick:

Such a shame too... that COULD have  been interesting...... if they would not all but ignore it like  they did with Jon Snow being a Targaryen

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Such a shame too... that COULD have  been interesting...... if they would not all but ignore it like  they did with Jon Snow being a Targaryen

I never liked that theory because Tyrion’s character is defined largely by his relationship with his family. The revelation that they weren’t his family would have cheapened all of that. 

22 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I never liked that theory because Tyrion’s character is defined largely by his relationship with his family. The revelation that they weren’t his family would have cheapened all of that. 

I think  they could have made it work..... One thing about GOT is that the Actors  were all phenomenal. But honestly it would not change anything IMO... Just like Jon still referred to his cousins as his sisters and brother.

If they gave it proper time to  flesh out the story then  it could have been good.

I like Targ Tyrion as being one of those theories that's never answered.  There's alot there to be sure, but there's really no point in it to any revelation of the story or his arc which is strictly Lannister (he'd be a ******* anyway and not just in that all dwarfs are ******** in thier father's eyes kinda way). And on the heels of Jon being a Targ it would feel gratuitous and cheap. It works better as one of those things that's left for the reader to contemplate like my theory that Bran's happy rule ending has a very dark (author intended) subtext.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, AF89 said:

*Me laying in bed tonight*

Wait....did we ever learn what happened to Nymeria?:sadwave:

Smart wolf... Probably eating Hot Pie's cuisine as we speak...

Edited by Vogelgryff

So for the longest time, when I typed a "b" into my browser on my computer, it autofilled with the URL for ABF.  Nice.  Convenient.  Maybe a bit weird for the work IT people to see, but nothing that unusual.

Then yesterday, I made a post on here that used the word "butt" several times.  Being the weirdo I am, I had to google "butt" after typing it so much to make sure it was a real, correctly spelled word, and not just some fever dream in my head.  I googled "butt."  Once.

Now, anytime I enter a "b" into my browser, the google search for "butt" autofills.  And given that I'm not just a weirdo, but also borderline dumb, I forget each time to make sure the URL I actually want has filled in before hitting Enter.  So now, I have inadvertently searched for "butt" on google like three dozen times.  IT may think that's a bit more strange.  

mdrake34 and Serge like this