BamaBirdLady

Anyone else worried about Acuna in the 4 hole?

17 posts in this topic

I am just asking, but hitting in the 4 hole doesn't seem to really work so far for him. I know it is early, but he just is not picking up where he left off last year.

I would love to see him back up in the top 3, 1 or 2, and maybe take some pressure off.

He's actually hitting the ball harder than he did last year. The issue is he's hitting a lot of grounders so he's not getting the hits and homeruns to show for just how hard he's been hitting the ball.

He’s been a bit late on the fastball which isn’t like him but it’s early and he has no history of that. He came out slow early in AAA if I recall correctly. Folks like myself chalked it up to him looking ahead to the inevitable promotion but chances are more likely that it was just getting the timing down. 

See, the curse is lifted! Lol.

Isn't that always the way it is, I love be wrong about this! For tonight anyway. 

Not too worried because the kid has talent and a strong work ethic. I just don't like him there. Would rather him leadoff or 2nd.

11 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

are you fing kidding me swanson

Swanson is ridiculous this year!

I heard somewhere that Chipper had been working with him during the off season with his swing, not sure if it is true or not, but whatever he did, it worked!

15 RBIs in 11 games is crazy numbers. Glad they moved him up last night.

30 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Swanson is ridiculous this year!

I heard somewhere that Chipper had been working with him during the off season with his swing, not sure if it is true or not, but whatever he did, it worked!

15 RBIs in 11 games is crazy numbers. Glad they moved him up last night.

It's true. Chipper worked with him and helped him develop a plan for the hitter he wants to be.