Falconsfan567

Marlins at Braves

545 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

But you made my point. If everything else was the same and he had 110, 120 or even 150 RBI, it's due to guys getting on base before him - which he can't control. 

To your larger point, I too loathe feast or famine guys if their OBP isn't that high. So I'll definitely agree with you there. 

He’s not that guy though, he’s the guy that will K in that situation then hit a solo or 2 run shot the top of the ninth down by 8. Doesn’t work for me. I detest those ball players. 

I wonder if Snitker will more permanently change up the lineup after the SSS surges from Swanson and Albies. Would still like to see Enciarte permanently moved to the bottom third, though. Acuna will get going soon. 

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I like Joey Gallo but my man @Black Francis is doing his best Joe Simpson impersonation. :lol:

I am getting salty. Fo Sho, but I’m also prior service so I come by it naturally. Go Navy! 

Malachore likes this

9 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

I wonder if Snitker will more permanently change up the lineup after the SSS surges from Swanson and Albies. Would still like to see Enciarte permanently moved to the bottom third, though. Acuna will get going soon. 

I would be extremely surprised to see Dans 8th tomorrow night. Wondering if they would give him the bump all the way to leadoff.

4 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Good. No reason to add 200 to the lineup. I can’t deal with 200k players. I mean that’s that. We watched this scenario before folks and it was terrible, like not enjoyable to watch bad. 

Braves have never had a player in their franchise history strikeout 200 times in a season. Most Uggla struck out for the Braves was 171.

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Braves have never had a player in their franchise history strikeout 200 times in a season. Most Uggla struck out for the Braves was 171.

It was terrible wasn’t it? I mean just atrocious. Always waiting for the meaningful home run but met with the meaningless one. By the way Gallo has been much worse in that department than Uggla. So yeah the Braves should repeat history. Definition of insanity. 

9 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

It was terrible wasn’t it? I mean just atrocious. Always waiting for the meaningful home run but met with the meaningless one. By the way Gallo has been much worse in that department than Uggla. So yeah the Braves should repeat history. Definition of insanity. 

Yes, Joey Gallo strikes out a ton, but he also creates a ton of runs. That's the part you're ignoring by only looking at RBI's. This year (it's only 8 games) his strikeout rate is currently below 30% (would be the first time in his career) and his walk rate is nearly 30%. In just 8 games he's already produced have a win of WAR. His average is .240. If he's hitting .240 and still hitting 40 or 50 homeruns I don't care how many times he strikes out!! I'd take him in a New York minute!!

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

I mean it could work but I'd prefer for Swanson to not be 4th. In a perfect world he's 1st/2nd, but they're not going to abandon platoon leadoff quite yet. Probably partially to appease Ender.

2 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

I mean it could work but I'd prefer for Swanson to not be 4th. In a perfect world he's 1st/2nd, but they're not going to abandon platoon leadoff quite yet. Probably partially to appease Ender.

I think we all prefer a bigger more proven homerun threat than Dansby hitting clean up but it would work!! Dansby smashing the way he is it would work out just fine!! But they're not gonna make a change yet.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes, Joey Gallo strikes out a ton, but he also creates a ton of runs. That's the part you're ignoring by only looking at RBI's. This year (it's only 8 games) his strikeout rate is currently below 30% (would be the first time in his career) and his walk rate is nearly 30%. In just 8 games he's already produced have a win of WAR. His average is .240. If he's hitting .240 and still hitting 40 or 50 homeruns I don't care how many times he strikes out!! I'd take him in a New York minute!!

Welp I guess we’ll have to morn that loss. This is so made up. I look forward to the games that don’t go our way when we’re morning for 200k Gallo. Maybe I’ll buy some Ernest and Julio for those moments. I’ll probably need it. Message board victory. Gag me with some cheap wine. 

5 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Welp I guess we’ll have to morn that loss. This is so made up. I look forward to the games that don’t go our way when we’re morning for 200k Gallo. Maybe I’ll buy some Ernest and Julio for those moments. I’ll probably need it. Message board victory. Gag me with some cheap wine. 

What exactly is made up? I used real life numbers. They exist because they happened. A guy hitting .240 hitting 40/50 bombs has major offensive value!! The strikeouts are completely irrelavant in that situation. Andruw Jones used to hit .240 and hit 40 homeruns and we all loved him. What exactly is the difference?

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What exactly is made up? I used real life numbers. They exist because they happened. A guy hitting .240 hitting 40/50 bombs has major offensive value!! The strikeouts are completely irrelavant in that situation. Andruw Jones used to hit .240 and hit 40 homeruns and we all loved him. What exactly is the difference?

We never sniffed really winning anything. Like I said morn the made up loss that never was. 200 k’s. 200. Not in my lineup. Not in AA’s either. I know, I know. He’s doing it wrong. Also he plays third and first. Replace Freddie? Replace Donaldson? Who you have told others to be patient? I mean Donaldson and Freeman are gold Glover’s. Ridiculous defense shown to us the first and a half. Literally saving games. Where’s the beer league slugger going to play? The DH? That’s 2 years from now. What about Austin Riley who’s tearing it up in AAA?

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

We never sniffed really winning anything. Like I said morn the made up loss that never was. 200 k’s. 200. Not in my lineup. Not in AA’s either. I know, I know. He’s doing it wrong. Also he plays third and first. Replace Freddie? Replace Donaldson? Who you have told others to be patient? I mean Donaldson and Freeman are gold Glover’s. Ridiculous defense shown to us the first and a half. Literally saving games. Where’s the beer league slugger going to play? The DH? That’s 2 years from now. What about Austin Riley who’s tearing it up in AAA?

Clearly there's no place for him in our lineup right now. But when I wanted him we had a hole in RF. Also, last I checked 1 man doesn't make or break a team. Andruw Jones more than did his part to help the Braves win. Strikeouts don't matter. You sound just like Joe Simpson. Give me a strikeout over a double play (just because a guy makes contact) any day. Andrelton Simmons never strikes out but he also hits into a crap ton of double plays. Martin Prado never strikes out but he also hits into a crap ton of double plays. Nick Markakis never strikes out but he also hits into a crap ton of double plays. Last time I checked committing 2 outs is worse than committing 1 out.

You ever heard of a stat called Weighed Runs Created Plus? Look it up and you'll see why Joey Gallo is a positive offensive player, especially if he's carrying a nearly 30% walk rate with a .240 average.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Clearly there's no place for him in our lineup right now. But when I wanted him we had a hole in RF. Also, last I checked 1 man doesn't make or break a team. Andruw Jones more than did his part to help the Braves win. Strikeouts don't matter. You sound just like Joe Simpson. Give me a strikeout over a double play (just because a guy makes contact) any day. Andrelton Simmons never strikes out but he also hits into a crap ton of double plays. Martin Prado never strikes out but he also hits into a crap ton of double plays. Nick Markakis never strikes out but he also hits into a crap ton of double plays. Last time I checked committing 2 outs is worse than committing 1 out.

You ever heard of a stat called Weighed Runs Created Plus? Look it up and you'll see why Joey Gallo is a positive offensive player, especially if he's carrying a nearly 30% walk rate with a .240 average.

You ever heard of not paying someone that has no place in our lineup? Like you said? Which makes it a made up moot point. Like I said. This is so made up. So made up. 

JD has literally helped win 3 games by D alone. Like you said be patient, his bat will come around. Freddie? Freddie Freeman? No argument. Austin Riley? He should be playing in the bigs now. 200 k’s. No. Does not belong on this team. Never. Ever.