545 posts in this topic

Friday - April 5 - 7:20 PM - Fox Sports South

• Pablo Lopez vs. Kevin Gausman

Saturday - April 6 - 7:20 PM - Fox Sports Southeast

• Sandy Alcantara vs. Kyle Wright

Sunday - April 7 - 1:20 PM - Fox Sports South

• Caleb Smith vs. Sean Newcomb

44 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Wright will be pitching for his rotation spot. 

No chance we go 6 man rotation to keep innings down on young arms? 

7 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Occasionally but i dont see full time. You work with a short bullpen when you do.

12 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Maybe at times but there's no need to do it for a full season and the only pitcher that the innings should be a major concern with would be Kyle Wright. I don't think Max Fried's innings will be that big of a deal. He should be able to throw 150-160 innings this year no problem. The reason I say that about Fried is here is his full season innings pitched in his professional career, this counts added time between majors and minors.

• 2012 = 17 2/3 IP
  • 2013 = 118 2/3 IP
  • 2014 = 10 2/3 IP
  • 2016 = 103 IP
  • 2017 = 118 2/3 IP
  • 2018 = 111 1/3 IP

So he should be able to add 50 or 60 innings to that with no problems. The reason he didn't throw more innings in 2018 was because he kept getting shuttled between Triple-A and the Braves bullpen and that kept him from getting more innings.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Maybe at times but there's no need to do it for a full season and the only pitcher that the innings should be a major concern with would be Kyle Wright. I don't think Max Fried's innings will be that big of a deal. He should be able to throw 150-160 innings this year no problem. The reason I say that about Fried is here is his full season innings pitched in his professional career, this counts added time between majors and minors.

• 2012 = 17 2/3 IP
  • 2013 = 118 2/3 IP
  • 2014 = 10 2/3 IP
  • 2016 = 103 IP
  • 2017 = 118 2/3 IP
  • 2018 = 111 1/3 IP

So he should be able to add 50 or 60 innings to that with no problems. The reason he didn't throw more innings in 2018 was because he kept getting shuttled between Triple-A and the Braves bullpen and that kept him from getting more innings.

So what do you think we do with Newcomb? Bullpen I guess? I like that rotation idea though. 

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

So what do you think we do with Newcomb? Bullpen I guess? I like that rotation idea though. 

I think Newcomb needs to go back to Gwinnett and get his act together!! I don't know what the **** has happened to him but his performance is unacceptable!

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Wright will be pitching for his rotation spot. 

I'm guessing whoever looks best between Wright and Newcomb will get that 5th spot with Newcomb getting a longer leash since Wright would probably transition to the pen better.

Ender didn't try to pull that pitch!! He gets pull happy at times and it leads to all those rollover grounders to 1st and 2nd.

**** finally get off work in time, lol missed seeing games and messaging here. How have they looked this season? have seen only two or three innings the whole season so far

3 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

**** finally get off work in time, lol missed seeing games and messaging here. How have they looked this season? have seen only two or three innings the whole season so far

Offense has been fine. Pitching was terrible in Philly. Everything was great against Chicago