Falcons Fan MVP

When do you think the Falcons will change up their uniforms?

46 posts in this topic

I personally think the Falcons uniforms look great. Especially the logo and helmet. I wouldn't mind if they went to black jerseys. But I like the red also. When do you think the Falcons will change it up? If and when they do what do you think they will change to? 

KCFalcon22 likes this

I've been critical of the Falcons current uniform, but the reality is that they are not that bad. It's easy to say the look is dated but is that really the case? The Falcons have had more success in this get-up, so I can see why the FO might not want to change.

Cincinnati+Bengals+v+Atlanta+Falcons+dHxPaYtXNfIx.jpg

3 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I've been critical of the Falcons current uniform, but the reality is that they are not that bad. It's easy to say the look is dated but is that really the case? The Falcons have had more success in this get-up, so I can see why the FO might not want to change.

Cincinnati+Bengals+v+Atlanta+Falcons+dHxPaYtXNfIx.jpg

Matt Ryan looks so slow in this picture :munch:

1 hour ago, clownorg said:

Just bring these back and call it a day.. Old logo or New is fine with me. but please dear God just make these the permanet

GettyImages-1486855.0.jpg

I would be all for that style but with the new logo

Atl Falcon and The Daywalker like this

4 minutes ago, clownorg said:

Go Easy on Chris, this is a rare photo of him uninjured

He was tough though. He kept coming back for those injuries. His leg was real messed up in that NFCCG against the Vikings and he still did a game tying drive and a game winning drive. Anybody who thinks the Falcons are cursed should watch that game. The Falcons had a lot of lucky bounces.

freakyfalcon and clownorg like this

3 minutes ago, athell said:

The GOAT of Uni/Helmet combos...

Give us these with the new logo and a slightly modern twist to the helmet and I can dig it 

athell likes this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Matt Ryan looks so slow in this picture :munch:

Probably the longest time he's had to go through his reads since he's been here. :lol:

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

3 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Give us these with the new logo and a slightly modern twist to the helmet and I can dig it 

I kinda dig the old school logo, but I'd be interested in modernizing the look overall.  Could be cool.

2 minutes ago, slider said:

I used to like these away uniforms with the silver britches!

falcons_original.jpg

Not too many corners wearing pads like that anymore!

The Daywalker likes this

I read a post by someone on here that said the current sleeves on the Falcon uniforms reminded them of a court jester. That stuck with me and I've always sort of thought of them that way.

.jpeg

MarkMc44 and Atl Falcon like this

Today's home uniforms are fine, but the road uniforms are way to boring, IMO.

Does anyone have a picture of the Limited Edition jerseys that went on sale around 2004 or 2005 that only had Black, White, and Silver; no red in the jersey?

Those looked amazing. Can't find a pic of them for the life of me.

Before people start calling for new unis in 2019 or 2020...

At the very least you need to give the league notice by March 1st of the year prior to which you want a uniform change and must then obtain approval by December 1st of the year prior to the change. Here is the procedure to change uniforms:

NFL Constitution and Bylaws Article XIX 19.9

(D) No club shall have the right to make changes in its club colors and/or in the designs of its team helmets or uniforms except in accordance with the following provisions:

(1) Absent specific extenuating circumstances as determined by the Commissioner, if a club desires to make any changes in club colors, uniform appearance, designs of team helmets, designs of team uniforms, trademarks, or trade names, it must give written notice and details thereof to the League on or before March 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; must comply with the uniform change notification and approval timeline as established by the League office and amended from time to time; and further must obtain approval from the League pursuant to Section 19.9(D)(2) by December 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; otherwise it shall have no right to make any change for the succeeding season.

(2) Despite the provisions of the foregoing sub-paragraph (1) of this Section 19.9(D) and despite the fact that notice was given of the proposed change in the colors and/or designs of team helmet and uniforms as above set out, should such change, in the opinion of the Commissioner, result in any conflict with the club colors and/or helmet and uniform designs of any other club, and the clubs involved are unable to agree upon a method of solving such conflict, the Commissioner shall have the right to designate the club colors and/or the designs of the team helmet or uniforms to be used by the affected clubs in such season.