Lowndesfalc

Blank believes this will be one of Falcons best drafts.

40 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Hopefully he issued another "three starters minimum" edict again.

The only thing that means is they start a minimum of 3 players they draft regardless of talent...

13 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The only thing that means is they start a minimum of 3 players they draft regardless of talent...

The only position where there is not a starter on the roster is Right Tackle.

So, where are the other 2 starters going to play?

Tim Mazetti likes this

16 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

He's not an idiot. He doesn't have to verbalize the fact that the 3 starters have to be actual NFL quality starters. He's fired HCs and GMs ... and everyone in Flowery Branch knows it.

8 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I'm just responding to the guy who said  " issue 3 starter minimum edict "....ask HIM where the 3 starters are coming from...

VTCrunkler likes this

3 starter equivalent players wouldn't be that hard to find.  RT could win outright.  DT would get 50+% of snaps, as would a base DE who could reduce inside.  A good CB would get a lot of snaps.  A good RB with different traits (size or straightline speed) would get a lot of snaps.

If you got a pretty good player at any one of those 5 spots (basically any spots that rotate, plus RT) then they'd be starter equivalent and get meaningful snaps.

We are very well-placed.   We can move up, we can move back and most of the positions we need most help at we have a great number of options.   CB and S are the weakest classes where we need help and incidentally we are looking for depths and gems at those spots.  DT and OT are well-represented.  Quality EDGE is the usual scarce resource.  Not at all hard for me to see this being a really good class much like last year with better options.  I do think we will have at least one "Why?" pick but I think that's fun too given where I think the team is in terms of talent.

VTCrunkler and Geneaut like this

30 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

They may not be starters immediately this year but will be expected to be next year (like Isaiah Oliver has done from 2018 to 2019).  I could see us drafting another CB this year with hope he can replace Trufant in 2020.  I could see us drafting a DE with plans for him to replace Beasley in 2020.  I could also see us drafting a DT as insurance if Jarrett goes elsewhere in 2020.

An OT might be an immediate spot for a starter but I would not be surprised to see them give Sambrailo the starting job initially with a 2nd or 3rd round pick around as a possible alternative after 2019 begins and possibly intended to become the starter in 2020 (with Sambrailo not being around).

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

The last time Blank issued that edict was in 2016. Debo, Neal and Dre started right out of the gate. Hoop and Schweitzer eventually became starters. There are several positions that could be open for upgrading the projected 2019 starters:

• NT - Senat
  • SLB - Dre
  • WLB - Foye
  • RCB - Oliver
  • LDE - Beasley
  • LG - Carpenter
  • RG - Fusco
  • RT - Ty
  • FB - Ortiz
kiwifalcon and slickgadawg like this

2 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

It's my personal opinion, as well, that we'll have one of the better drafts in recent memory!  And if that's not the case, I too, will be surprised!  We have so many options --- we could move up, move back, stay put, whatever's necessary to get the "difference maker" that we need.  But they need to get this just right, or they may not be here next season, and that's not a pleasant thought.  To have to replace a GM, HC and others is always a giant headache!!! 

C'mon guys, GET IT RIGHT!  PLEASE!!!  

13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The last time Blank issued that edict was in 2016. Debo, Neal and Dre started right out of the gate. Hoop and Schweitzer eventually became starters. There are several positions that could be open for upgrading the projected 2019 starters:

• NT - Senat
  • SLB - Dre
  • WLB - Foye
  • RCB - Oliver
  • LDE - Beasley
  • RT - Ty
  • FB - Ortiz

Good post.

Completely agree I’m hoping they do exactly that pick guys that put pressure on there incumbents.

17 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Yep. It would definitely have its perks. Like Robert Kraft's Platinum Membership at Orchids of Asia Day Spa. :lol:

And, you know, being able to buy an island and populate it with 100 women of your choice.  Then hire the Falcons to play the Patriots to every day...which, of course, we win

VTCrunkler and PokerSteve like this

Unless we get a new franchise QB, i don't think so. You never know though.maybe we will draft atleast 2 HOF.

3 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

This is how a billionaire entrepreneur passive aggressively says, "I expect you to get this right."