Keith Brooking

AustFalcon

8 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Didn't he later apologize for that in the media though? Not that it excuses it or anything, I remember that too. In a way tho I kind of understood, they basically told him he was a geezer and GTFO.

I don't remember him apologizing for it, who knows he may be a good guy, and I get some former players want to "stick it" to their old teams but that was not a classy thing to do. I thought he was better than that.

But that was so yesteryear..... I wish him nothing but the best and hope he doesn't trip and fall walking up to the podium! lol

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

He bit on a play fake. That’s how the TE got behind him. 

Brooking made a mistake for sure. It amazes me how fans dogged him for a bad play when our other stars had terrible games that all contributed to the 6 point loss.

Ryan, who had only thrown 11 interceptions in 16 games during the regular season, threw two against the Cardinals. 

Turner, who rushed for 1,699 yards and 17 touchdowns during the season, was held to 42 yards against Arizona. 

Abraham, who finished the regular season with 16.5 sacks, didn’t get to Kurt Warner once and only had two tackles. 

The result, as you can imagine, was a disappointing 30-24 loss in the Wild Card round of the NFL playoffs and the end to the Falcons’ season.

But Brooking........3rd and 16!

I also recall Brooking getting dogged by fans for being assigned to man cover  a sub 4.4 40 running back on a crossing route who beat him for a TD.   As if there wasn’t a mismatch 

I don't think some of you are old enough to have an appreciation for Brookings.  If you think 3-16 and some arm flapping makes him "dead to me" then you must have missed the other 10 years of his career. 

What is amazing is that there is still plenty of love for a QB who did much worse to this franchise and whose play was laughable...  some serious issues you guys have.  

19 hours ago, E. T. said:

I remember clearly when the Falcons played the Cowboys and Brooking was Taunting us all game.

I appreciated his time with my team, but when I saw that on TV, I wanted to put my foot up his ***!

Yeah he showed his true colors. Not a Falcon. Somebody erase that **** from our roster history.

51 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Worrilow had gawdy tackle (read: non impact plays) numbers also. Don't act like this board wasn't trying to tout PW55 as the second coming for a little while. 

Keith Brooking had 12 interceptions, 8 forced fumbles, 10 fumble recoveries, and 17 sacks in a Falcons uniform. Some (non impact plays). :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just now, ParanoidAndroid said:

Nothing in football really is.

But in football terms, he was also running his mouth all game. Lofton, dead to me too. 

We probably won’t ever see Lofton in a similar capacity as Brooking. Different circumstances. I don’t know though. Time changes feelings. These are/were young men. 20 somethings? Early 30’s?  Man that’s nothing. That’s just the beginning of adulthood. Mistakes will be made especially in such a hyper charged emotional sport.  Life goes on. Anybody that suited up for the Falcons deserves some respect in my estimation. Even if they sucked or it didn’t end well. 

6 hours ago, gazoo said:

Brooking made a mistake for sure. It amazes me how fans dogged him for a bad play when our other stars had terrible games that all contributed to the 6 point loss.

Ryan, who had only thrown 11 interceptions in 16 games during the regular season, threw two against the Cardinals. 

Turner, who rushed for 1,699 yards and 17 touchdowns during the season, was held to 42 yards against Arizona. 

Abraham, who finished the regular season with 16.5 sacks, didn’t get to Kurt Warner once and only had two tackles. 

The result, as you can imagine, was a disappointing 30-24 loss in the Wild Card round of the NFL playoffs and the end to the Falcons’ season.

But Brooking........3rd and 16!

I also recall Brooking getting dogged by fans for being assigned to man cover  a sub 4.4 40 running back on a crossing route who beat him for a TD.   As if there wasn’t a mismatch 

Well th e person who makes tge last mistake is usually where tye hammer drops. That is unless your a Saints fan.

7 hours ago, Mescalito said:

I'll never forget him playing for the Cowboys and running down the sidelines flapping his arms like a bird.  

The falcons dumped him. It wasn’t the other way around. Many players take getting cut personally. Especially players who gave everything they had to that franchise...and could still play on top of that. I don’t blame him at all 

7 hours ago, E. T. said:

I don't remember him apologizing for it, who knows he may be a good guy, and I get some former players want to "stick it" to their old teams but that was not a classy thing to do. I thought he was better than that.

But that was so yesteryear..... I wish him nothing but the best and hope he doesn't trip and fall walking up to the podium! lol

Some of you guys are taking this way too personally. Brooking could still play at a high level and the Falcons dumped him. If you were him, you'd want to stick it to your former employer as well. Was I mad that he did it at the time? Sure. But I won't refuse to accept him as an all time great Falcon because of that either. 

5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Some of you guys are taking this way too personally. Brooking could still play at a high level and the Falcons dumped him. If you were him, you'd want to stick it to your former employer as well. Was I mad that he did it at the time? Sure. But I won't refuse to accept him as an all time great Falcon because of that either. 

Why are some of you butt hurt that Brooking was released? He played one season under a new regime, it was most likely expected.....example: Roddy White.

It's the nature of the Bizz.

BTW...You must have missed my previous post where I appreciated Brooking's playing time here.

27 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Why are some of you butt hurt that Brooking was released? He played one season under a new regime, it was most likely expected.....example: Roddy White.

It's the nature of the Bizz.

BTW...You must have missed my previous post where I appreciated Brooking's playing time here.

I admittedly didn’t read through the whole thread. Just saw several comments bashing Brooking for his Cowboy game antics which frankly is silly. And I didn’t say I was butt hurt about Brooking being cut. I wasn’t about Roddy either. The team comes first for me. No matter what. All I said was I understood why Brooking trash talked us so much after the team booted him. That’s all man

On 4/4/2019 at 6:30 PM, JOEinPHX said:

Everybody loved him until they hated him.

I loved the draft pick, but later was disappointed by his play.  He was the classic pile-on tackler.  And when he did bring a runner down, it was usually after a significant gain. 

KB was decent, but not really a stand out player.  I am a GT man, but that is the truth.