AustFalcon

Keith Brooking

62 posts in this topic

I remember clearly when the Falcons played the Cowboys and Brooking was Taunting us all game.

I appreciated his time with my team, but when I saw that on TV, I wanted to put my foot up his ***!

UK13, papachaz, Malachore and 9 others like this

Posted (edited)

He's still a Falcons player to me.

I think people forget Brooking played about 10 years for the falcons and played college ball at Ga-Tech. So I get why he was butt hurt when we move on from him. Also despite how things ended here. A point can be made that he was a Really Outstanding LB for us, especially in the early 2000s.

Edited by me4falcons

Brooking was such a non factor it is ridiculous. All the years he was here he never made that many real impact plays.

He was the most invisible long time starter this franchise ever had. The biggest impact he had was 3rd and 16

2 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I always liked Brooking. One of my all time favorite Falcons.

I'm with you.. he was one of my all time favorite Falcons.. He went to Ga Tech and played with my wife's first cousin who played Center for them. Eric Bearden ... 

dirtybird2k5 likes this

3 hours ago, me4falcons said:

He's still a Falcons player to me.

I think people forget Brooking played about 10 years for the falcons and played college ball at Ga-Tech. So I get why he was butt hurt when we move on from him. Also despite how things end here. A point can be made that he was Really Oustanding LB for us Oustandin, especially in the early 2000s.

Keith came into my bar in Buckhead quite often. We employed some of GATechs offensive linemen as bouncers as well. 

Keith was always a really down to earth guy. I would see him up at Falcons camp after we drafted him and he always lit up with a big smile when I shouted out at him.

Vandy likes this

I have the upmost respect for Keith. Ultimate competitor who left everything on the field. Helped lead us to the Super Bowl in his rookie season. I believe he was a walk on at GT as well. I get people are annoyed when he taunted us with the Cowgirls but that’s just his competitive side. Everyone I know says he is a great guy.

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Brooking was such a non factor it is ridiculous. All the years he was here he never made that many real impact plays.

He was the most invisible long time starter this franchise ever had. The biggest impact he had was 3rd and 16

He was Paul Worrilow with tenure... #PileJumper

5 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I always liked Brooking. One of my all time favorite Falcons.

Same here!! Was one of my favorites! Hate revisionary history when it comes to him.

0879aade65d52fe666f5f3423ae7fb19--falcon

gazoo likes this

3 hours ago, lju713 said:

Keith 3rd and 16 Brooking...who got beat by a blocking TE on the play

He bit on a play fake. That’s how the TE got behind him. 

6 hours ago, E. T. said:

I remember clearly when the Falcons played the Cowboys and Brooking was Taunting us all game.

I appreciated his time with my team, but when I saw that on TV, I wanted to put my foot up his ***!

Didn't he later apologize for that in the media though? Not that it excuses it or anything, I remember that too. In a way tho I kind of understood, they basically told him he was a geezer and GTFO.

6 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

He bit on a play fake. That’s how the TE got behind him. 

That one hurt. But overall he was a decent player for us who went a little sour on the Falcons when he ended up in Dallas.

14 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Brooking was one of our better linebackers ever but Ill never forget 3rd and 16.

I'll never forget him playing for the Cowboys and running down the sidelines flapping his arms like a bird.  

BamaBirdLady and Flying Falcon like this