Jump to content

The more I think about it


D.B.N.
 Share

Recommended Posts

The more I think about it, the more I think Cody Ford is our guy at 14. Brings toughness to the trenches and immediately upgrades our OL. In an offense loaded with skill players, this pick totally makes sense.  I do not want us to trade up for Oliver. McClure reported we are heavily interested in ford and have had a formal meeting as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Cody Ford is our guy at 14. Brings toughness to the trenches and immediately upgrades our OL. In an offense loaded with skill players, this pick totally makes sense.  I do not want us to trade up for Oliver. McClure reported we are heavily interested in ford and have had a formal meeting as well.

Nope......won't happen guaranteed.  They are going defense,  just look at what they did in free agency,  they hardly touched anyone on the defensive side so that should of signaled to you that they have to be going defense in the first round.  And btw, they will move up and won't stay at #14.....watch and see!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wwfalconfan said:

Nope......won't happen guaranteed.  They are going defense,  just look at what they did in free agency,  they hardly touched anyone on the defensive side so that should of signaled to you that they have to be going defense in the first round.  And btw, they will move up and won't stay at #14.....watch and see!!!

Do you have some kind of "inside" information for these gaurantees???

Signing 2 Gaurds and still having no starting Right Tackle doesn't signal to me they are going defense the 1st pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe because DQ is the DC he will go Defense with at least 2 of the 1-3RD rounds. I like Ford, Dillard  or a trade-back. But who knows outside of the FO? Is some of this a smokescreen? Do we base it on off-season moves. We may have to throw practically out of the window when it comes to TD. It may stop a few hairlines from receding. I just hope this is the greatest FALCONS draft of all time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Do you have some kind of "inside" information for these gaurantees???

Signing 2 Gaurds and still having no starting Right Tackle doesn't signal to me they are going defense the 1st pick.

Look again and again think about it.  Why would TD sign not just 2 but 3 guards and anyone can play RT? Remember Quinn likes guys who are versatile and can play multiple positions.  They will draft a defensive guy in the 1st round as I've stated.  Putting a freak like Oliver or Wilkens would wreak havoc for opposing teams.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Wwfalconfan said:

Look again and again think about it.  Why would TD sign not just 2 but 3 guards and anyone can play RT? Remember Quinn likes guys who are versatile and can play multiple positions.  They will draft a defensive guy in the 1st round as I've stated.  Putting a freak like Oliver or Wilkens would wreak havoc for opposing teams.  

Agreed that there are excellent defensive players but not anyone can play RT. If that was the case, they wouldn't have had a problem at that position last year. It's very hard to be a starting offensive lineman in the NFL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wwfalconfan said:

Nope......won't happen guaranteed.  They are going defense,  just look at what they did in free agency,  they hardly touched anyone on the defensive side so that should of signaled to you that they have to be going defense in the first round.  And btw, they will move up and won't stay at #14.....watch and see!!!

I can't stand posts that act like they are fact. No one here knows anything. We know what we think and what we want. That's it. Signing two guards does not stop us from drafting a tackle. If the best player on our board available is a right tackle, then they'll take a right tackle. It's still too big of a need to avoid for a lesser player at a different position of need. The question is who will be the best player on our board when we pick. That we don't know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

If we do, won’t matter. OL will still suck. They need time on the field to gel. So, sitting on the bench watching the other offense will do little to help them.

The Colts offensive line didn't take long to gel last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With DQ as DC and staking his claim on the D, if you don't think we are going D-line with our first pick then you are not a clear logical thinker. 

The HC has put his entire reputation on the line based on his ability to turn the D around. He will invest heavily on it and that means early draft capital.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

I can't stand posts that act like they are fact. No one here knows anything. We know what we think and what we want. That's it. Signing two guards does not stop us from drafting a tackle. If the best player on our board available is a right tackle, then they'll take a right tackle. It's still too big of a need to avoid for a lesser player at a different position of need. The question is who will be the best player on our board when we pick. That we don't know. 

No one cares what you think first of all. Secondly opinions are just that opinions so don't call out a person who is just that sharing an opinion that is possibly a fact. Again they will draft a defensive player in the first round so all this talk falls short of the reality of what they will do and that's drafting a defensive player period!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Wwfalconfan said:

No one cares what you think first of all. Secondly opinions are just that opinions so don't call out a person who is just that sharing an opinion that is possibly a fact. Again they will draft a defensive player in the first round so all this talk falls short of the reality of what they will do and that's drafting a defensive player period!!! 

I care what he thinks. We all also thought they'd draft DL first last year and they didn't. 

Edited by Geneaut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

If we do, won’t matter. OL will still suck. They need time on the field to gel. So, sitting on the bench watching the other offense will do little to help them.

But if we draft a defensive tackle their will be INSTANT chemistry? :ninja:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

The Colts got 38 sacks, got off the field so the offense could play and the OL could gel, and saw fit to enhance their defense this year. We are not as good as the Colts on defense.

Colts also used 6 Offensive Lineman on like 25-30% of the snaps which is a staggeringly high number.  The starting 5 were not as good as people think.  Same goes for the Seahawks.

Review: The Seahawks are bullying opponents with 6 offensive linemen at a time

The George Fant package saved the Seahawks season and turned the offense into a group that’s hard to stop

It’s because — more so than any other team in the NFL — the Seahawks put six offensive lineman on the field. Through 14 games, Seattle linemen have collectively been on the field for 4,859 offensive snaps. The team has played 926 snaps so far, so that’s an average of 5.247 offensive linemen on the field per play.

The Colts have the second highest number at 5.199 offensive linemen per game. For many teams, it’s exactly five offensive linemen per game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Cody Ford is our guy at 14. Brings toughness to the trenches and immediately upgrades our OL. In an offense loaded with skill players, this pick totally makes sense.  I do not want us to trade up for Oliver. McClure reported we are heavily interested in ford and have had a formal meeting as well.

My thought(and its a very novice draft watching thought at that) is if Ford or Taylor are at 14 we would take one and then move back up in to the lower half of first round to snag a DT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

My thought(and its a very novice draft watching thought at that) is if Ford or Taylor are at 14 we would take one and then move back up in to the lower half of first round to snag a DT

Totally on board with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Seemsike they might have 2 completely different draft strategies and won't know which path until their pick.

If Oliver is there at a spot they are confident trading up to then they'll do it and if not it could be Ford with defense the next few picks.

I think this happens every year with good drafting teams. Instead of reaching for the 2nd DT on their big board, they will select the 1st OT on their board once their 1st DT is gone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Wwfalconfan said:

Nope......won't happen guaranteed.  They are going defense,  just look at what they did in free agency,  they hardly touched anyone on the defensive side so that should of signaled to you that they have to be going defense in the first round.  And btw, they will move up and won't stay at #14.....watch and see!!!

Yeah because you definitely know what’s going to happen. Hey btw, PM me the winning lottery numbers while you’re at it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...