Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

Hawks April Game Thread/Late

71 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Dr. J was interviewed earlier in the game.  How many of yall know that he was drafted by the Hawks?

I thought he was drafted 12th overall by the Milwaukee Bucks?

1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

He was.

19 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Dr. J was interviewed earlier in the game.  How many of yall know that he was drafted by the Hawks?

Google/Wikipedia is your friend.

32 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

On a Hawks note, man we are going to be good for a few years

FIFY.

This team would make the playoffs next year as is, with no significant additions. If they get some impact players via free agency and the draft, oh boy.....I get what you’re saying though, we’ll be really good in a few years lol.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

He was drafted by the Bucks but SIGNED by the Hawks.  My bad.  He eventually had to go back to the ABA but the Hawks got compensation for him...

Image result for erving drafted by hawks

Image result for erving drafted by hawks

Edited by slickgadawg

Posted (edited)

Atlanta is trying their best to give that top 5 pick back to Dallas... The big dummies...

Edited by slickgadawg

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Atlanta is trying their best to give that pick top 5 pick back to Dallas... The big dummies...

And the mavs are trying their best to be losers. We don’t have to suck just because they do. **** those tankers

12 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

And the mavs are trying their best to be losers. We don’t have to suck just because they do. **** those tankers

Dallas doesnt suck.  

21 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Atlanta is trying their best to give that pick top 5 pick back to Dallas... The big dummies...

Is that so, Fred Sanford? 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

I hope someone gets the reference. 

But yeah, we better not mess this up! 

The bad:

Lets say they lose the top 5 pick.  The pick they DO own is not guaranteed to be a high pick. It could tumble out of the top 10. 

The good:

Their best bet is to not mess that top 5 pick up. They could possibly have two top picks and trade them for the number 1 pick if they want Williamson...

Edited by slickgadawg

46 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The bad:

Lets say they lose the top 5 pick.  The pick they DO own is not guaranteed to be a high pick. It could tumble out of the top 10. 

The good:

Their best bet is to not mess that top 5 pick up. They could possibly have two top picks and trade them for the number 1 pick if they want Williamson...

I don't mind us winning they've still gotta play the griz twice and the sun's. That's 2/3 wins there atleast. 

We are still 2 wins behind them so we could just lose out if we wanted to but I'd be dossapointed in that. 5 and 6 pick I'd be stoked with. 

jayu70, slickgadawg and Drew4719 like this

7 hours ago, maorifalcon said:

I don't mind us winning they've still gotta play the griz twice and the sun's. That's 2/3 wins there atleast. 

We are still 2 wins behind them so we could just lose out if we wanted to but I'd be dossapointed in that. 5 and 6 pick I'd be stoked with. 

Moor Falcon...:ninja:

10 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Dallas is tanking. That’s a Mark Cuban move. No way Luka should get the rookie of the year by how they’re finishing, but he will which is BS. 

tl;dr, slickgadawg, No.11 and 1 other like this

Likely going to lose vs Orlando tomorrow even if they play it straight up and I think that would probably lock it up (I'm not totally sure because of other teams). Orlando needs to win and they have players that cause the Hawks major issues even if the Hawks go in playing to try to win the game and play hard (which will actually be a question since it's on the road, they might play games again with PT and the like on sitting players).

Now, if you actually fumble that game into a win, then you're in real trouble of jumping up a lot.

18 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

FIFY.

This team would make the playoffs next year as is, with no significant additions. If they get some impact players via free agency and the draft, oh boy.....I get what you’re saying though, we’ll be really good in a few years lol.

Hey I agree with this! Just wait til we get Zion!!!

Drew4719, jayu70 and blkbigdog35 like this