Food For Trout: Matt Ryan for Rosen/1st Overall

FalconAge

Would You Do The Deal?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Arizona Offers Us Rosen and #1 for # 2

• That might just work
    • No. Just.....No.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You need fat for flavor, lean meatbdries out and tastes like she-it. Where do I get my info? I 'm a grill master for starters and I've been grilling fo a longtime.

Ground beef with an 80/20 mix is the best for grilled burgers—this means a mix 80 percent lean beef and 20 percent fat. ... (Something leaner like 90/10 is usually ground sirloin, which tends to dry out when cooked over the high heat of the grill.

Should try an even higher fat content sometime. 

Just remember to never press that patty and squeeze all the flavor out.  That's the rule I see abused on the regular. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

If the Falcons could have found a way to sign Nick Foles as the backup, AND THEN did the deal, this actually wouldn't have been a bad idea...:ninja:

Nick Foles just signed a 4 year $88 million contract.   He wasn't coming here as a backup.   

55 minutes ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Just remember to never press that patty and squeeze all the flavor out.  That's the rule I see abused on the regular. 

LOL - but it's funny to watch!

54 minutes ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Yep, I've done 70/30, but 80/20 seems to be my sweet spot. There are tons of other hamburger grilling tricks we could get into and we should.  What was this thread about again? ;)

48 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Which is WHY I said IF the Falcons had found a way to sign him...

Yeah, but he knew he was getting paid.  Never would have happened.   Maybe Tyrod Taylor or Teddy Bridgewater, but he was never happening.

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Which is WHY I said IF the Falcons had found a way to sign him...

If Nick Foles was our starting QB in 2019 we would suck donkey balls.  Dude looked so bad in the playoffs last year...he was throwing Charlie Liebrandt change-upsr.  Arm looks shot...just like Brees.  Jax will hate the signing

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, I've done 70/30, but 80/20 seems to be my sweet spot. There are tons of other hamburger grilling tricks we could get into and we should.  What was this thread about again? ;)

I dont know....I came for burger talk...

80/20 is the bomb...fat is important when grilling

If you are going for a medium rare head for the 80/20. Medium rare to medium well I like the 80/30, well done I have even done 60/40 (custom ground, this doesn't qualify as ground beef anymore). 

In either scenario just make sure the fat is rendered completely, a medium rare 60/40 burger would be pretty gross.  

Some of you old schoolers should try MSG as a flavoring (took a bad rap in the 70s and 80s in Chinese food) it can do wonders for burgers, steaks and chops.

57 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Yeah, but he knew he was getting paid.  Never would have happened.   Maybe Tyrod Taylor or Teddy Bridgewater, but he was never happening.

I thought about Taylor.  Those picks could put the defense over the top...

Edited by slickgadawg