Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mqg96

Survey: Just 11% of NFC South fans expect the Falcons to win the division

53 posts in this topic

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2019/4/3/18292364/survey-just-11-of-nfc-south-fans-expect-the-falcons-to-win-the-division-saints-panthers-bucs

Fans have been polled about who they expect to win the NFC South, and the results are…gross and offensive.

As you’d expect after a year where most of the NFC South was a vast disappointment and the Saints largely excelled, the Saints are the heavy favorite to win the division this coming year. That’s especially true after a free agency period where the Saints did not demonstrably get worse and may well have gotten better, with only the Buccaneers (who have a new coach and some radical changes to come) showing similar growth this early on.

NFC_South.jpg

Still, it’s a little surprising that nearly 75% of fans in the NFC South FanPulse survey thoughts the Saints would triumph this upcoming year, given that the Panthers and Falcons have been very good teams in the fairly recent past. One imagines that the expectation is that the new pass interference rules won’t kill their defensive backs, that Drew Brees’ late season arm swoon won’t continue, and that an admittedly very good roster will be enough to carry them to victory. That’s probably a reasonable (if, again, gross) assumption, but a healthy Falcons team and a Panthers team with an actual offensive line could certainly easily challenge New Orleans. The Buccaneers are probably a year or two away, as they often are.

A lot could change between now and September, with the NFL Draft (where the Saints are notably going to be limited), a long summer of workouts and competition, and more ahead. We’ll hope what’s to come can help propel Atlanta by their most hated rivals.

How do you see the division shaking out here in early April?

Tim Mazetti and PokerSteve like this

My take on this article y'all. We have never won the division back to back years. The Saints finally did that last season, and the Panthers only threepeated because of a historically bad NFC South in 2014. People need to stop panicking, now granted based on what I’ve seen from the Falcons this off season I don’t believe we have a chance, but the Falcons best seasons always happen when we were coming off a losing record or a mediocre season. NFC South favorites hardly win the division or even make the playoffs. Most of the time our division winners come out of no where when nobody expected them to be contenders.

People’s inability to see beyond what happened the season before always amazes me. Every year almost all the teams that won their division the year before get picked to repeat, and it never works out that way. But folks continue to do it anyway, and not just fans, analysts too.

If half our D wasn't on the IR we would have been in the playoffs. I think we can get back into the post season so not really worried.

Panthers ride or die with Cam, a Bruce Arians led Bucs is somewhat unnerving because they have some serious talent on D and O, and as far as the Aints go, last season was their best shot imo, because now Ingram is gone and so is their center. Plus Brees showing his age as the season went on

Tim Mazetti likes this

To **** with the swampers and their rat faced crybaby coach. Oh yeah to **** with the 89 percent.

Edited by TNFalcon1

20 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I will tell yall who going to win the south and every other division as well..

Just ask me in week 16

I can usually predict one bold division winner(outside of ours) each year. I picked the eagles in 2017 and the bears last year and was right on both accounts.

RING OF HONOR likes this

34 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

I can usually predict one bold division winner(outside of ours) each year. I picked the eagles in 2017 and the bears last year and was right on both accounts.

Give me a cash 3 lotto number...

For real....im going to play it and see what happens...lol

Tim Mazetti and Drew4719 like this

I think the saints losing Unger is going to be huge. Not sure if the casual fan is aware of that. Not to mention not having any decent draft picks and Brees getting old.

NeonDeion likes this

We were decimated with injuries last season.  I don't see us having that bad injury bug luck two years in a row.  Carolina was riddled with injuries as well.  New Orleans remained healthy the majority of the season. 

If all three teams are healthy, I like our chances to win the division.  Basically, If one of us three remains relatively healthy, that's who will win the division.   

red falcon likes this

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Good. Stop picking us. Stop talking about us. Give us media silence and just let us go play football. 

That's exactly how I feel.   We always do better when we are not in the limelight.

Full strength, filled holes both in players and coaching staff, and look for a successful draft. We have a better than 11% shot imho.

But when the rubber hits the road all bets are off.

We just have to make sure the saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy doesn't win it again...F*** them all!

Tim Mazetti likes this

4 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I will tell yall who going to win the south and every other division as well..

Just ask me in week 16

Way too early guesses

Falcons

Patriots

Browns

Colts/Texans is a friggin toss up 

Chargers

Eagles

Bears

Rams

And the percentage of people that thought the Falcons would win 11 games and make the playoffs in 2008 was effectively zero. Lots of serious commentators were predicting a winless season for the Falcons.

federicofalcon2 likes this