Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Who on our current defense do you think will be a Falcon for at least another 5 years or more?

24 posts in this topic

I think Deion Jones, Grady Jarrett, Keanu Neal and Kazee are the most likely to be Falcons at least another 5 years. Takk I'm not sure if he will be here after his rookie contract is up. 

I think Vic Beasley will last another year or 2. I think Truant will be around 2-3 more years. Not sure about Ricardo Allen.

All the other guys could get cut on any given year.

What do you guys think? 

I’m not sold at all Grady will be here. I’ll believe it when he signs his deal. Front office can say they want him here for life. Doesn’t mean anything if he won’t sign 

i hope he is

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

I don't who it WILL be, but I'll tell you who it BETTER be:  Deion Jones.

If they don't lock him up, this front office might as well sell the team back to Jed Clampett's clan, because they will have achieved the same level of stupid. 

Posted (edited)

5 years is an NFL eternity. I don't think we have a single defensive starter on the team from 2014 beyond Trufant. Allen was on the 2014 roster but didn't start a game.

Edited by Geneaut
NeonDeion and Falcons Fan MVP like this

5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

5 years is a long time in the NFL. Barring injury, Debo is the only lock to me. Grady wants too much money so far. Neal had the injury. Rico too and could be upgraded as he ages. 

Takk will bounce back. I could see him hanging around. 

4 hours ago, RYNE said:

I’m not sold at all Grady will be here. I’ll believe it when he signs his deal. Front office can say they want him here for life. Doesn’t mean anything if he won’t sign 

i hope he is

I believe Arthur Blank said Grady Will be a Falcon for life. 

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Well it’s a terrible idea to pay him 20+ M/yr

and I love Grady at 17M/yr or less 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

32 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Well it’s a terrible idea to pay him 20+ M/yr

and I love Grady at 17M/yr or less 

Hopefully they don't over pay him. I would be willing to play for a little less to play for a team like the Falcons.

15 hours ago, Geneaut said:

5 years is an NFL eternity. I don't think we have a single defensive starter on the team from 2014 beyond Trufant. Allen was on the 2014 roster but didn't start a game.

DQ is an excellent defensive talent evaluator. I expect more long term guys on the team.

On 4/3/2019 at 0:02 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

What he didn't say was he's signing a contract with him or taking one out on him!  :ninja: :D 

Kazee, mostly because I think he would be useful in just about any scheme. If DQ gets sent packing, not sure a box safety (Neal) or a rangy MLB (Debo) are automatically in the plans of a new head coach.

Our offense will have been depleted with Ryan/Jones either moving on or retiring.  So, we will probably have a record of 4-12 or so and have also replaced most of our veterans on defense with young rookies.

Of course, there is the possibility we find a late round QB who can sit for a year or two behind Ryan, learn and be ready to step in and replace him.  I could still see Ridley around there and maybe then a few veteran defenders around like Foye or Oliver (but not starters).

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:49 AM, NeonDeion said:

5 years is a long time in the NFL. Barring injury, Debo is the only lock to me. Grady wants too much money so far. Neal had the injury. Rico too and could be upgraded as he ages. 

Takk will bounce back. I could see him hanging around. 

I'm sorry it's a Grady Jarrett is in the driver Say its seat. another reason why Thomas Dimitroff is not good GM