RIP2AAF

athell

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

It's impossible to compete against the NFL. The only one who could do that would be the NFL themselves by extending their season with more games 

That's the thing though, they weren't supposed to compete with the NFL.  They were supposed to be that "feeder league" to the NFL ala Minor League baseball to MLB to supplement the NFL.  I am really curious as to how this all unfolds because it seems like Dundon was expecting something that never came to fruition with the NFLPA.

Happy belated birthday, btw!

Just now, athell said:

That's the thing though, they weren't supposed to compete with the NFL.  They were supposed to be that "feeder league" to the NFL ala Minor League baseball to MLB to supplement the NFL.  I am really curious as to how this all unfolds because it seems like Dundon was expecting something that never came to fruition with the NFLPA.

Happy belated birthday, btw!

Possibly, and thanks.

AAF was a neat idea and I watched a few games but felt like I was watching random Division II college.  Didn't help that the Atlanta Legends sucked and have ugly uniforms.  Can blame NFLPA for AAF's death.  Let players decide if they want to take that risk of playing unless they are on the 53 or the NFL club disagrees with letting them play in the Spring.

1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

AAF was a neat idea and I watched a few games but felt like I was watching random Division II college.  Didn't help that the Atlanta Legends sucked and have ugly uniforms.  Can blame NFLPA for AAF's death.  Let players decide if they want to take that risk of playing unless they are on the 53 or the NFL club disagrees with letting them play in the Spring.

The league did seem kind of top heavy, the Legends were awful.  Orlando and Arizona were goof and fun to watch.  It's just funny, if an NFL affiliated league can't survive...none can...

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don't know about it being fun. Hopefully XFL brings the same intensity this time around as well

It wasn't bad actually.  I said it felt like somewhere between preseason and regular season football depending on the team.  The XFL is straight gimmick and cheese to me, at least based on the first go round so I probably won't be watching.  I was actually somewhat invested in this league.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

The league did seem kind of top heavy, the Legends were awful.  Orlando and Arizona were goof and fun to watch.  It's just funny, if an NFL affiliated league can't survive...none can...

It wasn't bad actually.  I said it felt like somewhere between preseason and regular season football depending on the team.  The XFL is straight gimmick and cheese to me, at least based on the first go round so I probably won't be watching.  I was actually somewhat invested in this league.

Yeah it took 2 weeks for me to decide the league sucked pure bunz

6 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Just seems like the players would have more mileage on their bodies by the time they reached the NFL.  Probably the reason why the NFL never supported them.

Yeah, if the sticking point really was practice squad guys they should have known that would never fly.  Which is why I am curious to see what news leaks come of this.  Seems like some dirty pool being played here by one or more parties...which is sad for all these players.