JDFIII

Ronnie Baseball Extension

78 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Love it. This is probably AA held off on spending big bucks.

LOL you serious? He held off because he planned on resigning a guy that wasn't going to be a FA for 5 years?

Or do you mean why he didn't spend mega bucks like Machado and Harper for 10 years?

13 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Love it. This is probably AA held off on spending big bucks.

But AA had no problem giving his home boy Donaldson $$$ when we had a capable Camargo to play 3B. They screwed us fans with the promise of “financial flexibility” and spending on pitching...yet did NOTHING!!!!

Malachore likes this

Ignoring the budget stuff, which will derail all of our happiness, this is a wonderful deal for the Braves. They got another player to accept below market value in exchange for immediate financial stability.

And I don't have to sweat every disappointing season as wasting part of Acuna's arb window now!

ATLBrave and Malachore like this

12 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

But AA had no problem giving his home boy Donaldson $$$ when we had a capable Camargo to play 3B. They screwed us fans with the promise of “financial flexibility” and spending on pitching...yet did NOTHING!!!!

Donaldson is an MVP candidate, Camargo is not. Yes, gripe about the lack of spending on pitching, but please do not include anything about the money spent on Donaldson. That was well worth it and has no bearing on what they didn't spend on pitching.

For those complaining there is another side being pointed out. Knowing what Acuna singing to make the next 8 years frees up money. Anthopolous doesnt have to worry about Acuna getting $20M+ a year in arbitration anymore. This gives the team more freedom. Not saying itll happen but it could, for example, give Anthopolous the confidence to give Kimbrel his 3rd year or something. It's a great thing for a lot of reasons.

7 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

For those complaining there is another side being pointed out. Knowing what Acuna singing to make the next 8 years frees up money. Anthopolous doesnt have to worry about Acuna getting $20M+ a year in arbitration anymore. This gives the team more freedom. Not saying itll happen but it could, for example, give Anthopolous the confidence to give Kimbrel his 3rd year or something. It's a great thing for a lot of reasons.

It’s not complaining, it’s criticizing or critiquing.. 

:lol:

43 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

You know what people who invest money or have to pay salaries to people really don't like?

Uncertainty. 

This removes that from the equation with locking up Acuna. 

11 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Why is he agreeing to 100 m when people have signed 300 and 400 mill co tracts?  Steal by the Braves

$300M 7 years from now is far from guaranteed. His career could end tomorrow and he gets what? Kid made a play for immediate and lifelong financial security vs. playing the odds. You make that offer to me at 21 years old and I sign a few seconds later.

2 minutes ago, Ransack said:

$300M 7 years from now is far from guaranteed. His career could end tomorrow and he gets what? Kid made a play for immediate and lifelong financial security vs. playing the odds. You make that offer to me at 21 years old and I sign a few seconds later.

I’m a bit ignorant of baseball contracts.  How did they void his rookie deal?

Yeah, Acuna promised himself life changing money. If all goes to plan he can still get another huge deal. IF hes another Trout he can get his next deal at age 31. If he lives up to the hype he could still pull in another 7 years $200M or something.

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

I’m a bit ignorant of baseball contracts.  How did they void his rookie deal?

There is no rookie deal like the NFL. Each player makes league minimum until year 3. The first 3 years of your career you're making $550K a year unless you sign an actual contract.

43 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Why is he agreeing to 100 m when people have signed 300 and 400 mill co tracts?  Steal by the Braves

The same reason people take the cash option when they win the lottery.

Yea I am sure he is serious, and correct. There is another thread tooan about the off season acquisitions. This is a solid deal for us. And could be amazing and allow for more signings

35 minutes ago, Malachore said:

SMH no one is complaining about him being signed.:rolleyes:

Not about Acuna but the offseason. The point I was making was theres a positive in this in regards to those complaints. 

TheTrue7 likes this

If he lives up to the hype this will be a Terrible deal for Acuna but great for the Bravos. I’m pretty sure the union is very unhappy with this contract but if he’s happy and the Braves are happy that’s all that matters. I’m happy. 

41 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Not about Acuna but the offseason. The point I was making was theres a positive in this in regards to those complaints. 

My comment wasn't directed at you.

But how do you figure? It's a fantastic deal but I don't think this should ease any of the concern we had about the lies we were told and the moves that were not made.