VTCrunkler

Wilkins vs. Lawrence

229 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

Until the Falcons defense can effectively and consistently slow down the run game they are going to get battered and beaten. When they face actually good offenses that can run and pass it is a nightmare because those offenses can dictate the entire game to us. When they face teams with big OLs and good RBs they just get steamrolled. Those offenses then get to pick and choose when they run and when they pass to further crush the Falcons defense. Meanwhile our theoretical high scoring offense is sitting on the sideline with their theoretical three touchdown lead that allows our defense to be a 'stop the pass' (small and fast/pass rush) defense...  which still can't generate a decent pass rush, stop the run, stop the short passing game, or get off the field with any measure of meaningful success.

Reminds of the beginning of the year against the eagles.  When they got jay ajayi going it was over. Think it was the yeat before but the raiders ran all over us. When we play a power run football team it takes a lil of my soul everytime 

34 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Clever...lol 

Each of them brings in a nasty and violent style of play. Wilkins is more a model citizen than Lawrence, yet Lawrence is a really good guy. Wilkins played NT a lot, but also every other position on the line as well as Lawrence. Both will help this team and even light a fire in Jarrett and Beasley.

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I was looking at an over front with Lawrence at the 3 Jarrett/Senat @1 and playing a mix of Takk or Means on the ends against the run.

Regardless I was thinking against the run Lawrence will play on the strong side regardless which puts credence to what you mentioned about Lawrence playing a lot of 3T.

We used Poe that way here.

kiwifalcon likes this

17 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Each of them brings in a nasty and violent style of play. Wilkins is more a model citizen than Lawrence, yet Lawrence is a really good guy. Wilkins played NT a lot, but also every other position on the line as well as Lawrence. Both will help this team and even light a fire in Jarrett and Beasley.

Clemson DL...Alabama WR :tiphat: (and now apparently OL??) :ninja::lol:

27 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We also need to draft someone from LSU as we have every season since DQ has been here.

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We used Poe that way here.

Pretty much and it was effective too I think that’s his value outside of the obvious spelling of Jarrett.If he’s our guy I got zero issues seeing the card pulled at 14.

Ergo Proxy likes this

6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Let me thank you for taking the time to look into it rather than go by face value. I enjoy talking football. I’m not a fan of whatever this other stuff is.

No thank you.

You got me all fired up for the draft.

Keep that PM open on draft day mate messages will be incoming.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

No thank you.

You got me all fired up for the draft.

Keep that PM open on draft day mate messages will be incoming.

Copy that

kiwifalcon likes this

13 hours ago, red falcon said:

Reminds of the beginning of the year against the eagles.  When they got jay ajayi going it was over. Think it was the yeat before but the raiders ran all over us. When we play a power run football team it takes a lil of my soul everytime 

Our run defense was stout against the Eagles the last two games.  We only allowed 230 total yards in Week 1...I think JA had like 55 yards total

All we need is a Dexter Lawrence and maybe an Anthony Nelson to set our defense

12 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Hopefully the trend soon is Clemson DL, Bama WR & UGA OL

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Our run defense was stout against the Eagles the last two games.  We only allowed 230 total yards in Week 1...I think JA had like 55 yards total

All we need is a Dexter Lawrence and maybe an Anthony Nelson to set our defense

I just remember him waking up towards the end of the gm. They leaned on him more . 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Just now, red falcon said:

I just remember him waking up towards the end of the gm. They leaned on him more . 

He did have 2 scores...but in general he was held in check.  I remember a long run t Agholor but that’s about it.  We dominated the Eagles for the second straight game and found a way to lose again 

18 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He did have 2 scores...but in general he was held in check.  I remember a long run t Agholor but that’s about it.  We dominated the Eagles for the second straight game and found a way to lose again 

I understand the scores i see it a little different though. Those 3rd downs or plays where a back does enough to get the 1st and continue the drive as he carries falcons defenders with him.  We struggle with power run teams reguardless.

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

I understand the scores i see it a little different though. Those 3rd downs or plays where a back does enough to get the 1st and continue the drive as he carries falcons defenders with him.  We struggle with power run teams reguardless.

we struggled with the browns :/

46 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

we struggled with the browns :/

What are you implying or is it just whats at the surface lol?

15 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Are they alphas?

41 minutes ago, red falcon said:

What are you implying or is it just whats at the surface lol?

We struggled with teams without a power running game. Unless the browns are doing something I’m not aware of. 

16 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Stunts would start getting home with Takk & Grady working one side and Lawrence or Wilkins with Vic on the other 

Knight of God likes this

13 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Stunts would start getting home with Takk & Grady working one side and Lawrence or Wilkins with Vic on the other 

not only that, but hopefully one of them can keep our linebackers clean.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

not only that, but hopefully one of them can keep our linebackers clean.

Lawrence for sure would eat up multiple blockers.  If we grab Dex, I’d want Vosean Joseph in the 2nd cause he is another nightmare LB if kept clean.  

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Lawrence for sure would eat up multiple blockers.  If we grab Dex, I’d want Vosean Joseph in the 2nd cause he is another nightmare LB if kept clean.  

a duke riley replacement

FalconsIn2020 likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Foye replaced Duke quite well last year.  But a LB Corp of Joseph, Debo & Foye in 2020 would be nice

how many snaps did Riley have as a starter?  any?