VTCrunkler

Wilkins vs. Lawrence

229 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

So the intent of the query was to throw out where they were drafted. Just a straight analysis of player characteristics and who would be a better fit. 

A good debate would be is: would we use Dexter a three down player or not. 

here's the deal.   If Falcons take Dexter at #14, they must believe he can be a 3-down player.   Dan Quinn isn't stupid and we all know you don't draft a run-stuffing NT in the 1st round.

Of course I am on record saying the Falcons shouldn't draft Dexter in the 1st round - but if DQ does it, I will have faith he knows what he is doing and that Dexter is going to be a good passrusher on the the next level.

Right now, I feel somewhat confident the Falcons won't be taking Dexter Lawrence in the 1st round.

VTCrunkler likes this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

here's the deal.   If Falcons take Dexter at #14, they must believe he can be a 3-down player.   Dan Quinn isn't stupid and we all know you don't draft a run-stuffing NT in the 1st round.

Of course I am on record saying the Falcons shouldn't draft Dexter in the 1st round - but if DQ does it, I will have faith he knows what he is doing and that Dexter is going to be a good passrusher on the the next level.

Right now, I feel somewhat confident the Falcons won't be taking Dexter Lawrence in the 1st round.

I like this post. Fair points. I like dexter but unless we trade back up into the first or early second highly doubt he will fall to us in the second round.  We should fill the  need of a big body (s) that can stop teams from gashing us on the ground, in any way we can.  

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

So the intent of the query was to throw out where they were drafted. Just a straight analysis of player characteristics and who would be a better fit. 

A good debate would be is: would we use Dexter a three down player or not. 

I don't know much about him but if the majority of the people who get paid to discuss these things are saying he's not a 3 down guy, I gotta lean towards believing them until he proves otherwise

VTCrunkler likes this

46 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don't know much about him but if the majority of the people who get paid to discuss these things are saying he's not a 3 down guy, I gotta lean towards believing them until he proves otherwise

Fair enough. 

ya_boi_j likes this