Falconsfan567

Cubs at Braves

924 posts in this topic

Just now, Malachore said:

Here's the thing. If me being critical of them is complaining then what does that say about you every time I post something you don't like?

Trust me.. it's not every time.. not even close.. so I guess with that in mind, less "critical"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, youngbloodz said:

True. But he isn't doing his job right now. It's ok to call coaches out

You really can't hold what happened with Wilson and Wright against the coach. Jesus could be the **** coach and they still would have walked the park. Same with Carle and Jackson!! Julio only walked like 1 on opening day and Sean Newcomb is a mental head case!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Somehow it's actually worse but maybe I'm just a pessimist. 

No wait, I just have eyes that aren't covered by rose colored glasses.

Hey I'm with you on this one. Bryse Wilson was known to throw strikes. At the very least the pitching coach isn't doing a good enough job right now

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

You really can't hold what happened with Wilson and Wright against the coach. Jesus could be the **** coach and they still would have walked the park. Same with Carle and Jackson!! Julio only walked like 1 on opening day and Sean Newcomb is a mental head case!

The pitching coach isn't doing his job right now. I have seen you destroy Mike Smith and Quinn in the first quarter of a game. He isn't doing a good job right now along with the starters. It is what it is. Not saying fire him or anything 

Malachore and jidady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Newk struggling with his control isn't new. Hes always had that issue. From the minors to the pros. That's his one issue

Exactly!! He's always had a walks issue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Just turned the game on as Acuna was rounding the bases.

It seems like the Braves are seeing the ball well.

Not really...

The Cubs aren't seeing it...

jidady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, youngbloodz said:

The pitching coach isn't doing his job right now. I have seen you destroy Mike Smith and Quinn in the first quarter of a game. He isn't doing a good job right now along with the starters. It is what it is. Not saying fire him or anything 

How can you say the pitching coach isn't doing his job? The coach can't personally throw strikes for the pitchers!! Just like Mike Smith or Dan Quinn can't stop Matt Ryan from throwing interceptions or the receivers from dropping passes or whatever. I get you're frustrated but all the Phillies pitchers were pissed about this guy getting fired! Aaron Nola turned in a Cy Young type year with him last year. Julio looked much better in the season opener this year than any time the last 2 or 3 years. Sean Newcomb has had walk problems his entire minor and major career with loads of different pitching coaches. That should tell you that a pitching coach can only do so much. Wilson and Wright haven't even pitched in 10 mlb games combined in their careers and clearly their nerves were all over the place. Nothing a coach can do to calm down a pitcher and make him less nervous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

Not really...

The Cubs aren't seeing it...

Albies and Nick both had very solid contact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Hey I'm with you on this one. Bryse Wilson was known to throw strikes. At the very least the pitching coach isn't doing a good enough job right now

It was Bryse Wilson's 2nd MLB start and only his 4th game overall!! Holy **** me dude!!! I guess you've never been in a situation where your nerves were all jacked up and there was nothing you could do to calm yourself down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Here's my thing.. We're winning 5-0 in the 3rd..

read the comments and if you didn't know the score, you'd think we're getting slaughtered..

but don't mind me.. and my "rose colored glasses".....

Here's the thing. It's ok to actually expect professional athletes to do their job.

Especially something as simple as throwing a strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malachore said:

Here's the thing. It's ok to actually expect professional athletes to do their job.

Especially something as simple as throwing a strike.

5-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How can you say the pitching coach isn't doing his job? The coach can't personally throw strikes for the pitchers!! Just like Mike Smith or Dan Quinn can't stop Matt Ryan from throwing interceptions or the receivers from dropping passes or whatever. I get you're frustrated but all the Phillies pitchers were pissed about this guy getting fired! Aaron Nola turned in a Cy Young type year with him last year. Julio looked much better in the season opener this year than any time the last 2 or 3 years. Sean Newcomb has had walk problems his entire minor and major career with loads of different pitching coaches. That should tell you that a pitching coach can only do so much. Wilson and Wright haven't even pitched in 10 mlb games combined in their careers and clearly their nerves were all over the place. Nothing a coach can do to calm down a pitcher and make him less nervous.

Julio looked really good at times last year now. He just wasn't consistent. No coach can play for the players. But why do you fire coaches? Cause of player performances. All coaches can only do so much sir. But they still fall on the sword if players dont produce and I shouldn't have to tell you that 567 cause you know this man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, youngbloodz said:

Julio looked really good at times last year now. He just wasn't consistent. No coach can play for the players. But why do you fire coaches? Cause of player performances. All coaches can only do so much sir. But they still fall on the sword if players dont produce and I shouldn't have to tell you that 567 cause you know this man

This coach just got here. It's game number 4!! You really gonna fire the pitching coach after just 4 games? Not even 4 full games? Holy ****! You guys have absolutely no patience!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Why is everyone arguing with each other? We're up 5-0!

At least wait until the Bullpen gets the call....

Arguing is just the new normal here it seems. Its unfortunate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

This coach just got here. It's game number 4!! You really gonna fire the pitching coach after just 4 games? Not even 4 full games? Holy ****! You guys have absolutely no patience!!!!

Actually no I haven't. I have a condition that keeps me unusually calm in every situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now