Knight of God

My Favorite Wide Receiver In This Draft

51 posts in this topic

I'd love him for his height. However, I don't know how we'd use him with the people we have. Someone like Hunter Renfrow would be a great compliment to our outside receivers. 

DD: Objective Elite likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pearljamnash13 said:

I'd love him for his height. However, I don't know how we'd use him with the people we have. Someone like Hunter Renfrow would be a great compliment to our outside receivers. 

Heir to Sanu when he is gone next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Looks like Ed McCaffery, WR-Broncos from back in the day.

His game is more similar to Eddy’s imo.

jordy had a different skill set, someone had mentioned him, Jordy is a long strider with top notch down the field speed....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Too bad he'll be a Patriot and the legend of old man Brady will live on.

Pats don’t get every decent white wideout...Adam Thielen, Beasley, Humphries, Krupp come to mind. 

FalconBlood likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pearljamnash13 said:

I'd love him for his height. However, I don't know how we'd use him with the people we have. Someone like Hunter Renfrow would be a great compliment to our outside receivers. 

Same way you’d use Renfrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

His game is more similar to Eddy’s imo.

jordy had a different skill set, someone had mentioned him, Jordy is a long strider with top notch down the field speed....

 

This guy is a long strider. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Faster than Finneran. He’s more like Michael Jenkins

He’s pretty much Tim Dwight to me. :lol:

rugger8 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Faster than Finneran. He’s more like Michael Jenkins

Michael was a strider no doubt...he had solid topend, but was a chest catcher, not a natural widwout. I hope this guy attacks the ball better than Michael did. He’s a nice dude, had a solid career but was never an explosive player in the league despite that 4.4 speed.

rugger8 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

Pats don’t get every decent white wideout...Adam Thielen, Beasley, Humphries, Krupp come to mind. 

They have one that they drafted last year. He hit IR though.  If Braxton Berrios talent stays with him from college, he's gonna be a very nice young weapon for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a pretty good WR class to be honest. Maybe not right at the top, but plenty of guys who can contribute right away throughout.

This is the year of the big slot receivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truthfully, I haven't seen him play much, but from the NFL Prospect link his perceived weaknesses.  Too many drops, can't get separation, and may not have the skills to get open in 1st and 2nd levels.  Does his tape really refute this assessment?

 

Weaknesses
  • Thin frame with spindly legs
  • Play strength is below average
  • Release gets bogged down vs true press cornerbacks
  • Unable to get free from tight man coverage
  • Lacks top-end speed to separate
  • Would benefit from more physicality at top of his routes
  • Slow to gather and open on comebacks
  • Disappointing amount of drops this year
  • Fastballs ate him up and he had issues with contested catches
  • Just 55 percent of throws his way were completed
  • May not have traits to succeed on first and second level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, brewman said:

Truthfully, I haven't seen him play much, but from the NFL Prospect link his perceived weaknesses.  Too many drops, can't get separation, and may not have the skills to get open in 1st and 2nd levels.  Does his tape really refute this assessment?

 

Weaknesses
  • Thin frame with spindly legs
  • Play strength is below average
  • Release gets bogged down vs true press cornerbacks
  • Unable to get free from tight man coverage
  • Lacks top-end speed to separate
  • Would benefit from more physicality at top of his routes
  • Slow to gather and open on comebacks
  • Disappointing amount of drops this year
  • Fastballs ate him up and he had issues with contested catches
  • Just 55 percent of throws his way were completed
  • May not have traits to succeed on first and second level

This is not good at all. Actually pretty horrible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better route running will help him separate. A 4.57 forty isn’t slow. You can be taught to beat tight man coverage. Ridley had some ugly drops in college, I should know. 

All of those things are teachable. Now post the positives. 

Vandy and Ovie_Lover like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm amazed by the amount of times he finds himself open for deep passes. That's either horrible coverage or great ability to find open space. When I look at the tape I don't see him creating the separation with moves or anything so I would assume it's the former.

He doesn't have the long speed to blow by defenders at the NFL level so he'd need to be in the right scheme to be make an impact. 

I'd rather get a guy like Mecole Hardman or Jalen Hurd

Knight of God and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now