Cole World

How I see the 2019 first round offensive linemen

54 posts in this topic

Just now, Cole World said:

Schraeder was guaranteed 6.3M before being released.

Dude where are you getting your numbers lol, he only counts 2.5M against the cap in 2020.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Dude where are you getting your numbers lol, he only counts 2.5M against the cap in 2020.

It doesn’t matter how much he counts towards the 2020 cap. It’s the amount still guaranteed to him over the length of his contract. Which is 6.3M

2 minutes ago, Cole World said:

It doesn’t matter how much he counts towards the 2020 cap. It’s the amount still guaranteed to him over the length of his contract. Which is 6.3M

1) his gurantee was around 12M

2) what do the gurantees have to do with anything? He isn't counting 6mil against the cap. Just 2.5M

3) what silly point are you trying to make?

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

1) his gurantee was around 12M

2) what do the gurantees have to do with anything? He isn't counting 6mil against the cap. Just 2.5M

3) what silly point are you trying to make?

Obviously you don’t understand how guarantee money work so I will just move on. The team is still responsible for paying that even if the player doesn’t fulfill the length of the contract.

6 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Obviously you don’t understand how guarantee money work so I will just move on. The team is still responsible for paying that even if the player doesn’t fulfill the length of the contract.

Ok but it doesn't count against the cap dude. SO IT DOESN'T HURT US. They can't change it. Even if they restructure.

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Ok but it doesn't count against the cap dude. SO IT DOESN'T HURT US. They can't change it. Even if they restructure.

It doesn’t count against the 2019 cap and don’t hurt us this year but it does for 2020.

but going back to the argument about bringing him back. If they wanted to do that like Falcons2012 mentioned they could’ve  at least restructured his salary by lowering his cap hit and front loading some of his guaranteed money so that the dead money for the following season could’ve been less.

Edited by Cole World

1 hour ago, Fernando C. said:

So he will bust?? or he will be a good OG for some years??

I don’t know if he’ll bust, but we don’t have a good history of OL.

21 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Any Bama fan would tell you. Buyer beware on Williams. I thought he’d go in the 2nd or 3rd.

Seems like a risky pick that would need time to improve strength after a year in the NFL and improve technique/game expertise; even if it’s his best trait.

See him more as a poor-man’s Jake Matthews; right-side exclusively. :shrug:

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

He was already on the team and his deal is cheap. Easily a backup deal. If we bring in a new player then sure.

They will draft one.

41 minutes ago, Cole World said:

It doesn’t count against the 2019 cap and don’t hurt us this year but it does for 2020.

but going back to the argument about bringing him back. If they wanted to do that like Falcons2012 mentioned they could’ve  at least restructured his salary by lowering his cap hit and front loading some of his guaranteed money so that the dead money for the following season could’ve been less.

Dude the dead money next year is 2.5M how do you not understand that? And that's not how restructures work.

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Dude the dead money next year is 2.5M how do you not understand that? And that's not how restructures work.

No it’s not. They deferred the dead money to 2020, hence the June 1st cut.

30 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Seems like a risky pick that would need time to improve strength after a year in the NFL and improve technique/game expertise; even if it’s his best trait.

See him more as a poor-man’s Jake Matthews; right-side exclusively. :shrug:

That’s what you look for in the late 2nd on down.

Schwarzwald likes this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

You are both right.  

18 minutes ago, Cole World said:

No it’s not. They deferred the dead money to 2020, hence the June 1st cut.

The dead money is 2.5M, the 6M number you pulled out of your *** means nothing. It doesn't count against the cap this year, next year, or ever.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

The dead money is 2.5M, the 6M number you pulled out of your *** means nothing. It doesn't count against the cap this year, next year, or ever.

Dude I’m done but yes it does.

1 minute ago, Cole World said:

Dude I’m done but yes it does.

Yes it does what? Counts against the cap? Mean something? Use your words. Your communication skills are horrid.

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yes it does what? Counts against the cap? Mean something? Use your words. Your communication skills are horrid.

The whole 6.3M is rolled over to the 2020 season. Do you think the money will just disappear? The reason they elected to make him a June 1st cut was in order for that to happen.

forgot what his supposed to been cap hit was for 2020. He no longer on the team and everything that he was guaranteed was shifted to 2020.

Edited by Cole World

Just now, Cole World said:

The whole 6.3M is rolled over to the 2020 season. Do you think the money will just disappear? The reason they elected to make him a June 1st cut was in order for that to happen.

Show me a link then. Everything I've seen says the dead money is 2.5M

Me personally i hope we dont take a RT til the 3rd round. I would like DT/DE(Oliver or Lawrence). I believe both can play inside and base end in this defense and their freakish athletic ability.) I believe these should be our first two picks in the draft . Yes you hear the rumors of the Donald comparisons with Oliver. Now why cant you see the Campbell comparisons with Lawrence. Now picture a starting lineup

Oliver Lawrence Grady Takk

Campbell Debo Foye

Oliver Meal Allen Tru

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/ryan-schraeder-12628/

How much is that dead money?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/atlanta-falcons/

What about here? How much is the dead money?

Where are you getting the 6.3 cap hit from?

2019: 3.8M + 2020: 2.5M + 2021: 1.2M is how much again?

The Falcon are on the hook for over 6M for 2020 since they elected to make him a June 1st cut