Spts1

The NFL needs Mike Singletary ( Mike goes off in Alliance game)

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, caponine said:

lmaooo at Alex Smith, their defense was average tbh. You cant tell me they had a great defense

Harbaugh inherited a talented team and took then to the SB. Stop it trying to make Singletary seem like a great HC. Loved him as a player and he’s a great positional coach. HC he was not. Just the truth. And I actually wanted him in 08 before we hired Mike Smith. So the is aint bias on him. He built that team harbaugh inherited and I always said that. But he couldn’t do with the talent he had what harbaugh did. Fact. Funny how when harbaugh left they went back to suckitude. They never sniffed the playoffs with Mike. The one thing I worried about when we played them was their defense when he was coach. But I don’t care how talented your defense is when they stay on the field all game they’re gonna give up points. Funny how all of a sudden when an offensive minded coach like harbaugh got them scoring points the defense got much better. Hmmm. Wonder why? Use your common sense man. Football 101. Offense keeps defenses fresh with a strong running game. 

PS. They had a top 10 run defense under Mike. So the defense wasn’t as bad as you think. Which was why I didn’t like playing them because they had a defense that could stop turner. But they had nothing for Roddy White. 

They were 8-8 in 09 and 6-10 in 2010. They went backwards. Meanwhile they went to the playoffs in 2011 with harbaugh losing to NY and went to the SB the next year beating us in the NFCCG. So what happened in only a year? All of a sudden they got all the talent? No they already had talent but a coach that lost the locker room because he was too emotional and high strung to lead grown men. 

Flying Falcon, No.11 and Spts1 like this

3 hours ago, caponine said:

anddd loses and fizzles out after that. You’re really gonna say 49ers had the talent they had in Jim Harbaugh’s era in the Singletary era?? Lol they had no qb, barely a running game and subpar defense and skill players. 

Barely a running game? He had Frank Gore. He ran for 1120 yards in 09 in 14 games and 10 td’s and a 4.9 ypc. Smh. Harbaugh literally took the same team and took them to the playoffs in 11 and went to the SB in 12. How’s that possible if the talent wasn’t already there? Gore was there. Smith was there. Davis was there. Crabtree was there. Maybe If he started Alex smith day 1 instead if shaun Hill he may have made it to the playoffs. They did finish 8-8 in 09. But that’s after Alex smith took over. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Posted (edited)

I believe EVERYBODY who has commented about Singletary and the 49ers are correct.  Singletary is a great defensive coach. Harbaugh is a great offensive coach.  The difference is Harbaugh is better at selecting the right people AROUND HIM. In fact its the coaches both on offense and defense that make Harbaugh look good.  

As far as the theatrics go, it never works LONG term.  Jerry Glanville, Jim Mora Jr. ,Rex Ryan, Buddy Ryan, Bum Phillips, they were theatrical coaches but its better suited for being a coordinator vs running the WHOLE team. Singletary is in that mode of coach...

Image result for jim mora jr argument gif

Edited by slickgadawg
Vandy likes this

17 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Barely a running game? He had Frank Gore. He ran for 1120 yards in 09 in 14 games and 10 td’s and a 4.9 ypc. Smh. Harbaugh literally took the same team and took them to the playoffs in 11 and went to the SB in 12. How’s that possible if the talent wasn’t already there? Gore was there. Smith was there. Davis was there. Crabtree was there. Maybe If he started Alex smith day 1 instead if shaun Hill he may have made it to the playoffs. They did finish 8-8 in 09. But that’s after Alex smith took over. 

for years Frank Gore was a hof back and was a steady contributor for the 49ers but thats all they had on offense and it barely helped at all. Thats what i mean by barely having a run game. They ran him into the ground every year until 2010. When they finally got a qb. I do agree Smith should have started sooner but i think Hill played better than Smith early that year if i remember correctly

23 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I believe EVERYBODY who has commented about Singletary and the 49ers are correct.  Singletary is a great defensive coach. Harbaugh is a great offensive coach.  The difference is Harbaugh is better at selecting the right people AROUND HIM. In fact its the coaches both on offense and defense that make Harbaugh look good.  

As far as the theatrics go, it never works LONG term.  Jerry Glanville, Jim Mora Jr. ,Rex Ryan, Buddy Ryan, Bum Phillips, they were theatrical coaches but its better suited for being a coordinator vs running the WHOLE team. Singletary is in that mode of coach...

Image result for jim mora jr argument gif

The difference is harbaugh is a better leader of a team. The players follow him. They don’t really respond to mike like that. These are grown men. You can’t constantly yell at grown men that make more money than you. These are not high school and college kids anymore. Many have families. And calling them out in the media makes it even worse. He said he wanted winners. Well harbaugh took that same team of losers and took them to a SB. Davis included. Better leader. Of men. 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

The difference is harbaugh is a better leader of a team. The players follow him. They don’t really respond to mike like that. These are grown men. You can’t constantly yell at grown men that make more money than you. These are not high school and college kids anymore. Many have families. And calling them out in the media makes it even worse. He said he wanted winners. Well harbaugh took that same team of losers and took them to a SB. Davis included. Better leader. Of men. 

Case closed...

35 minutes ago, caponine said:

for years Frank Gore was a hof back and was a steady contributor for the 49ers but thats all they had on offense and it barely helped at all. Thats what i mean by barely having a run game. They ran him into the ground every year until 2010. When they finally got a qb. I do agree Smith should have started sooner but i think Hill played better than Smith early that year if i remember correctly

It helped a lot. ANY effective running game helps. Do you really think we make the playoffs in 08 without turner? H3ll no. I don’t care how good Matt eventually became. A young qb’s best friend is a strong running game. Like i said Alex smith was the qb. Had he started Alex day 1 with gore as his back they probably make the playoffs in 09 of of gores back. They certainly went to the SB off gores back. And the qb in 2010 was Alex Smith. Wtf are you talking about? There was 3 qb’s between Mike and jim. Hill, smith, and kap. Kap took them to the SB in 2012. Smith took then to the playoffs a year before. And to be honest actually Nolan built the team both singletary and harbaugh inherited. He drafted smith in 05. Smith was ready and singletary benched him. Resulting in an 8-8 season. 

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, caponine said:

lmaooo at Alex Smith, their defense was average tbh. You cant tell me they had a great defense

Alex Smith may disappoint in the playoffs, but he never had a losing season since Harbaugh came along. Heck, he was averaging like 11 or 12 wins a year since then, even after getting traded to KC. Like I said, the pieces were there for a great defense--Singletary's regime couldn't maximize the talent. Harbaugh did. Soon as Harbaugh left, they went back to being garbage.

Man, you're not gonna convince anyone here that Singletary is some great HC that got a raw deal.

Flying Falcon likes this

Life isn't complicated to the point we'd all like it to be.

As is the case for 99.7% of the rest of us, if Singletary was that good, he'd have a better job.  

On 3/30/2019 at 6:11 PM, caponine said:

lol u cant be serious, 

Are you? He really is a bad coach. 

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Did I not say that EVERYBODY who made a comment was correct? :lol:   We know that Singletary wilds out on the sidelines.  Thats not even up for debate...:lol: 

Really, I didn't even start this thread to imply that Singletary THE COACH needs to be back in the NFL,  I want Singletary THE ENTERTAINMENT back in the NFL.  

Edited by slickgadawg

On 3/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, Jesus said:

He is a terrible coach.

As a head coach ...yeah

But as a position coach? Nope...he is awesome.

He with a pivotal figure in helping shape Ray Lewis to the player that he became.

Spts1 and Vandy like this

9 hours ago, Panda said:

Remember that time when he coached the 49ers? Yeah let's bring him back, hopefully he goes on to coach the Saints lol.

More than a few in here back in the day suggested Singletary as falcons head coach.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

More than a few in here back in the day suggested Singletary as falcons head coach.

I remember. I'm glad we avoided that car wreck. I remember one game the Falcons won over them, a game in which roddy got a strip fumble for the 2nd year in a row, coach singletary wouldn't even shake Mike Smith's hand after the game. And mike Smith is one of the nicest coaches ever.

Vandy likes this

Mike Singletary is an awful coach. He is a buffoon. The guy used two timeouts against Atlanta when the Falcons "went on a run" on offense like it was a basketball game.

He cannot and should not ever be near any position of authority on an NFL team.

TheUsualStuff and Jesus like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Mike Singletary is an awful coach. He is a buffoon. The guy used two timeouts against Atlanta when the Falcons "went on a run" on offense like it was a basketball game.

Uummm...maybe...just maybe Quinn should have used some timeouts when the Patriots went on that 31-0 run in the Superbowl...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg

3 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Uummm...maybe...just maybe Quinn should have used some timeouts when the Patriots went on that 31-0 run in the Superbowl...:lol:

Allow me to clarify: on the SAME DRIVE.

6 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

865ce510.jpg

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

Allow me to clarify: on the SAME DRIVE.

Yes.  On at least ONE of those drives Quinn should have called multiple timeouts...:lol:   Look. You can't let a team go on a 31-0 roll in a Superbowl you was leading 28-3 and tell me that the head coach didn't choked, blew it, got outcoached, didn't use resources, made bad decisions.  It was horrible what Quinn did...

Edited by slickgadawg