gazoo

Ed Oliver runs a blazing 4.71 40 yard dash and 4.19 short shuttle at his Pro Day!

75 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, nomak said:

I'm about to the place where I feel DQ is not capable of molding any DE. 

He’s at least got this year to show and prove

nomak likes this

41 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

He’s at least got this year to show and prove

Agreed. Need a little bigger sample size.  

VTCrunkler likes this

On 3/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, gazoo said:

Wow!

Per Ian Rapoport

One scout just texted me: 4.71. Insane for a guy that size

This kid is basically Aaron Donald. They're about the same size and everything. Imagine if a team that's already good sneaks up and get him. 

12 minutes ago, BLACK WATCH said:

Ed Oliver Combine's stats reminds me of this:

""The falcon is a widespread bird of prey, better know as the raptor.The RAPTOR is renowned for its speed, reaching over 200 mph during its characteristic hunting stoop, high-speed dive, making it the fastest member of the animal kingdom. The highest measured speed of a falcon is 242 mph.""

Falcons trade 9 picks to move up to Pick ZERO...as in...it CAPTURED the target AHEAD of pick 1: ed oliver is now captured.

The Falcon...strikes...AGAIN! :tiphat::lol:

5 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

This kid is basically Aaron Donald. They're about the same size and everything. Imagine if a team that's already good sneaks up and get him. 

I don’t believe the Falcons will be the only team that might try and trade up for EO.

Ergo Proxy and Faithful Falcon like this

Having another look at the Clemson pro-day I’d have Wilkins > Lawrence just on movement skills alone and I think Wilkins has better hands and is the more explosive athlete.

What intrigues me most about Lawrence is his arm length and he plays with great leverage.

CB I also like the movement skills on Trayvon Mullen aswell.

Knight of God likes this

20 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don’t believe the Falcons will be the only team that might try and trade up for EO.

I don’t think we will end up with EO. What would you prefer an OT or d line with the first pick

6 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I don’t think we will end up with EO. What would you prefer an OT or d line with the first pick

EO, Sweat, Ford, Wilkins in that order.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

EO, Sweat, Ford, Wilkins in that order.

I wouldn’t mind Wilkins. We can double down and draft a run stuffer later. 

13 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Having another look at the Clemson pro-day I’d have Wilkins > Lawrence just on movement skills alone and I think Wilkins has better hands and is the more explosive athlete.

What intrigues me most about Lawrence is his arm length and he plays with great leverage.

CB I also like the movement skills on Trayvon Mullen aswell.

Not exactly sure what you mean by “movement skills” Kiwi......Lawrence is actually the better athlete than Wilkins, while also taller + 25 lbs heavier. 

We could use Lawrence to shore up our run D, but also on pass plays we need someone who can push the pocket from the interior. I believe in NFL DLawrence will be the more successful one doing that than CWilkins will. 

Bobby.Digital and atljbo like this

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep!! I do not want to see a trade up for anyone!! Stay put and a great player will fall in your lap!!

With 300+ draftable players, one will always fall in your lap - the trick is knowing who to pick. :tiphat:

On 3/28/2019 at 2:54 PM, Falcons_Frenzy said:

He compares pretty well to Donald. Just not as strong.

I’ll have to watch more film on him but I’m still not feeling Oliver due to stature and lack of strength.

1 hour ago, Macintez said:

I’ll have to watch more film on him but I’m still not feeling Oliver due to stature and lack of strength.

yes his stature also worries me, we need a large body opposite of grady, amazing we used a 3rd rd pic last year on sneat and he was useless

10 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

Stay put and get Dexter Lawrence.. Oliver will be a Top 5 pick..

Wouldn't mind this as well. Also warming to the idea of Darnell Savage in the 2nd.

Fernando C. likes this

2 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

yes his stature also worries me, we need a large body opposite of grady, amazing we used a 3rd rd pic last year on sneat and he was useless

Lol .. this guy . 

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

Not exactly sure what you mean by “movement skills” Kiwi......Lawrence is actually the better athlete than Wilkins, while also taller + 25 lbs heavier. 

We could use Lawrence to shore up our run D, but also on pass plays we need someone who can push the pocket from the interior. I believe in NFL DLawrence will be the more successful one doing that than CWilkins will. 

Just watching those proday drills Vandy I see a more urgent athlete in Wilkins.I see more efficient movement in a short area,hands hitting those bags and change of directions punch hitting those bags all more violent and efficiency in movement in favour of Wilkins.

I’m not saying Lawrence is unathletic.Its just an observation I noticed in there workouts.Is it because Lawrence is carrying that extra 30 lbs maybe.

One huge thing in Lawrence’s favour I believe is arm length the mentioned fully locked out I can’t see how anyone’s getting into his chest and he looks like he plays with outstanding leverage.

Drew4719 and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He just looked at the stat sheet and saw that Senat didn't have a ton of them and that means he is useless. You know how this place is.

Biggest mistake we make as fans. Going by stats 

Falconsfan567 and Drew4719 like this

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He just looked at the stat sheet and saw that Senat didn't have a ton of them and that means he is useless. You know how this place is.

I mean if that's the case; Grady was a TERRIBLE rookie too!:ninja: Nearly identical stats as rookies. :tiphat: 

Falconsfan567 likes this

24 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I mean if that's the case; Grady was a TERRIBLE rookie too!:ninja: Nearly identical stats as rookies. :tiphat: 

You know what that means. 

Ergo Proxy likes this