gazoo

Ed Oliver runs a blazing 4.71 40 yard dash and 4.19 short shuttle at his Pro Day!

75 posts in this topic

Outstanding numbers there but if I’m honest there not a surprise or I’m not surprised about his athletic ability that’s not the question I want answered in the puzzle that is ED Oliver.

For me what I need to be convinced of is the hand usage and pass rush planning Oliver needs to succeed at the next level.Its ok to beat up on college OTs and Gs and beat em with athleticism and strength but that’ll only get you so far.

Thee above mentioned and the intelligence is what’ll push Ed over the top at the next lev l mixed in with the tools he already pocesses then Oliver will forefill his ability fully.

gazoo and HASHBROWN3 like this

13 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

He compares pretty well to Donald. Just not as strong.

I don't really see that tbh. Oliver might be stronger, but Donald is much better with his hands and counters. Oliver actually held up to double teams better than Donald in college.

He's not the same player either way - doesn't have to be imo. Reminds me of John Randle if I had to pick a comparison. That'd be an incredible pick if his career even remotely resembles Randle's.

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Legit got me laughing in public. Next you'll say DK Metcalf is the next Jamarcus Russell.

Metcalf can actually play compared to Russell.

Xero likes this

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Its ok to beat up on college OTs and Gs and beat em with athleticism and strength but that’ll only get you so far.

Oliver's leverage is incredible. Actually better since this video. I agree about his pass rushing repertoire needing some work though.

Ergo Proxy likes this

9 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Oliver's leverage is incredible. I agree about his pass rushing repertoire needing some work though.

Just gotta see that hand usage disengagement and a plan can he be taught that is the question.Everything else about Ed I love.

Ergo Proxy likes this

11 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Think you missed the point of that comparison, brother.

WR and QB... I was wondering why you were comparing the two.

Question. Sorry if this annoys anyone but I keep seeing I big dt mocked to us in the second round and he isn’t deemed a scrub. I think it’s a nana or Clemson guy I’ll check it out when I get home. If we had a good shot a a good 2nd round dt would it be worth it to consider Oliver as a De? It makes our front bigger. I think he can bully guys in space theoretically while the big 2nd rounder eats up double teams, Grady penetrates and takk whoops az on the edge. We can even bring vb in as a situational rusher. In my head it sounds good but is this a realistic lineup. Again I apologize if this is fictitious football. 

Still don’t want to trade up for him..... I’d take Brian Burns/Dexter Lawrence with our first two picks and be perfectly happy.

papachaz likes this

21 minutes ago, Nereek said:

A lot of fans going to be disappointed when hes the next vic Beasley.

Lol right I would just take Wilkins since he did play against better quality competition.

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I don't really see that tbh. Oliver might be stronger, but Donald is much better with his hands and counters. Oliver actually held up to double teams better than Donald in college.

He's not the same player either way - doesn't have to be imo. Reminds me of John Randle if I had to pick a comparison. That'd be an incredible pick if his career even remotely resembles Randle's.

This is the best comparison to Ed Oliver...hands down the best comp...and would be worth a trade up....

12 consecutive seasons of 7+ sacks...with 9 consecutive seasons of double digit sacks...

Literally listed at 6'1" 287lbs...

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
Ergo Proxy likes this

21 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Because you compared a OLB to a DT.

Beasley Is a DE. He was drafted to be DE. 

51 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said: