Ed Oliver runs a blazing 4.71 40 yard dash and 4.19 short shuttle at his Pro Day!

gazoo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outstanding numbers there but if I’m honest there not a surprise or I’m not surprised about his athletic ability that’s not the question I want answered in the puzzle that is ED Oliver.

For me what I need to be convinced of is the hand usage and pass rush planning Oliver needs to succeed at the next level.Its ok to beat up on college OTs and Gs and beat em with athleticism and strength but that’ll only get you so far.

Thee above mentioned and the intelligence is what’ll push Ed over the top at the next lev l mixed in with the tools he already pocesses then Oliver will forefill his ability fully.

13 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

He compares pretty well to Donald. Just not as strong.

I don't really see that tbh. Oliver might be stronger, but Donald is much better with his hands and counters. Oliver actually held up to double teams better than Donald in college.

He's not the same player either way - doesn't have to be imo. Reminds me of John Randle if I had to pick a comparison. That'd be an incredible pick if his career even remotely resembles Randle's.

Question. Sorry if this annoys anyone but I keep seeing I big dt mocked to us in the second round and he isn’t deemed a scrub. I think it’s a nana or Clemson guy I’ll check it out when I get home. If we had a good shot a a good 2nd round dt would it be worth it to consider Oliver as a De? It makes our front bigger. I think he can bully guys in space theoretically while the big 2nd rounder eats up double teams, Grady penetrates and takk whoops az on the edge. We can even bring vb in as a situational rusher. In my head it sounds good but is this a realistic lineup. Again I apologize if this is fictitious football. 

24 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I don't really see that tbh. Oliver might be stronger, but Donald is much better with his hands and counters. Oliver actually held up to double teams better than Donald in college.

He's not the same player either way - doesn't have to be imo. Reminds me of John Randle if I had to pick a comparison. That'd be an incredible pick if his career even remotely resembles Randle's.

This is the best comparison to Ed Oliver...hands down the best comp...and would be worth a trade up....

12 consecutive seasons of 7+ sacks...with 9 consecutive seasons of double digit sacks...

Literally listed at 6'1" 287lbs...

51 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Archived