slickgadawg

Why the Falcons will win the Superbowl this coming season

111 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If you follow my posts, you know that the MAJORITY of the time I clown the Falcons.  I have various reasons ( Falcon Filter,  28-3, questionable personnel decisions on defense, 28-3, a history of choking in big games, 28-3, etc. ).  I got a feeling though and its a good one.  The Falcons will hoist the Lombardi this coming season and here is why:

Personnel:  The Falcons came into last season with the second ranked roster in talent in the NFL.  They bring back the bulk of that talent.

Offense:  Lets be clear here.  Steve Sarkisian was the scapegoat for a offense that DID move the ball. Ok.  They had redzone issues.  But at least they got TO the redzone.  That same talent returns on offense.  Quinn was not gonna fire himself so Sark had to go.   Bringing in Koetter and Mularkey lets me know that Quinn knows the offense is gonna get TO the redzone again.  Koetter and Mularkey were brought into to revamp the Falcons redzone and short yardage offense.   The Falcons have a ton of tight ends on the roster and I feel they are gonna use a lead blocker more.  Whether thats Ricky Ortiz or putting one of the tight ends back there, they WILL run lead blocking plays.  Freeman will be back and Smith is more than capable of filling in.  The Falcons WILL score points in the redzone.  Ridley will be more developed and take more pressure off both Julio and Sanu.

Defense:  Its about time that Quinn becomes the defensive coordinator.  Leave the offense and game management alone and concentrate on what got him the gig in the first place.  Quinn proved he could do it in Seattle so now he has the opportunity to do it here in Atlanta.  Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver effect.  The Falcons will sign Grady and trade up and add one of those tackles I just mentioned.  My thinking is they will shock and draft Williams.  Most folks believe it will be Oliver. WHATEVER.  I don't like Oliver's size but he does have the quickness to get the attention of guards which leads me to the effect on Beasley.  Its simple with Beasley.  If the guy next to him can play it opens up HIS game.  Thats how it was at Clemson and thats how it was when Poe was playing on that line.  Secondary:  I have full confidence that Oliver and Breh- Wilson will step it up.  The Falcons do too or else they wouldn't have let Alford and Poole walk.  Safeties.  Both will be back.  My thinking is the Falcons will add a corner and possibly another safety in the draft for depth.

Special teams:  They have a punter and Kicker.  

Coaching:  Quinn is calling the plays and coaching for his career in Atlanta.  He will get it done.

History:  The Falcons are DUE.   The NFL OWES the Falcons after the 28-3 debacle and the Falcons owe themselves after that debacle.  The Falcons have been decent to great since they drafted Vick and then Ryan.  Thats a long time to be pretty good and not get to the ultimate goal.  This is the year they kick the door down and get their first chip.

Related image

Edited by slickgadawg

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we won a SB in the next 2 years

Quinn doesn't have two years.  Its this year or bust with him.  He will get it done...

PokerSteve and Knight of God like this

I doubt it, this team is just known to choke. This whole season rides on this team being fully healthy because you see what happens when we’re not. This team falters and Quinn folds like a cheap tent. And this team was suppose to be good at facing adversity smh. There’s no discipline or accountability. Not to mention we choke. Smh no offense to those who would get triggered

PokerSteve and slickgadawg like this

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

If you follow my posts, you know that the MAJORITY of the time I clown the Falcons.  I have various reasons ( Falcon Filter,  28-3, questionable personnel decisions on defense, 28-3, a history of choking in big games, 28-3, etc. ).  I got a feeling though and its a good one.  The Falcons will hoist the Lombardi this coming season and here is why:

Personnel:  The Falcons came into last season with the second ranked roster in talent in the NFL.  They bring back the bulk of that talent.

Offense:  Lets be clear here.  Steve Sarkisian was the scapegoat for a offense that DID move the ball. Ok.  They had redzone issues.  But at least they got TO the redzone.  That same talent returns on offense.  Quinn was not gonna fire himself so Sark had to go.   Bringing in Koetter and Mularkey lets me know that Quinn knows the offense is gonna get TO the redzone again.  Koetter and Mularkey were brought into to revamp the Falcons redzone and short yardage offense.   The Falcons have a ton of tight ends on the roster and I feel they are gonna use a lead blocker more.  Whether thats Ricky Ortiz or putting one of the tight ends back there, they WILL run lead blocking plays.  Freeman will be back and Smith is more than capable of filling in.  The Falcons WILL score points in the redzone.  Ridley will be more developed and take more pressure off both Julio and Sanu.

Defense:  Its about time that Quinn becomes the defensive coordinator.  Leave the offense and game management alone and concentrate on what got him the gig in the first place.  Quinn proved he could do it in Seattle so now he has the opportunity to do it here in Atlanta.  Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver effect.  The Falcons will sign Grady and trade up and add one of those tackles I just mentioned.  My thinking is they will shock and draft Williams.  Most folks believe it will be Oliver. WHATEVER.  I don't like Oliver's size but he does have the quickness to get the attention of guards which leads me to the effect on Beasley.  Its simple with Beasley.  If the guy next to him can play it opens up HIS game.  Thats how it was at Clemson and thats how it was when Poe was playing on that line.  Secondary:  I have full confidence that Oliver and Breh- Wilson will step it up.  The Falcons do too or else they wouldn't have let Alford and Poole walk.  Safeties.  Both will be back.  My thinking is the Falcons will add a corner and possibly another safety in the draft for depth.

Coaching:  Quinn is calling the plays and coaching for his career in Atlanta.  He will get it done.

History:  The Falcons are DUE.   The NFL OWES the Falcons after the 28-3 debacle and the Falcons owe themselves after that debacle.  The Falcons have been decent to great since they drafted Vick and then Ryan.  Thats a long time to be pretty good and not get to the ultimate goal.  This is the year they kick the door down and get their first chip.

Related image

Oh goody.

Edited by FalconBlood
DD: Objective Elite likes this

Just now, FalconBlood said:

I can do it from my computer. Not from phone though.

We got you fam!

Just need to open the image in a new tab, and copy/paste that new url.  :)

1 minute ago, athell said:

@Yo_Lover school is in session!

@FalconBlood

I got you big dawg.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://media.giphy.com/media/gJtZi3gBt5KIo/200.gif&imgrefurl=https://giphy.com/gifs/hospital-pharmacy-medication-gJtZi3gBt5KIo&tbnid=PGy__ClkYITLcM&vet=1&docid=iL6UNg-sHYoPrM&w=306&h=200&hl=en-us&source=sh/x/im

Click the link. 

Then hold down on the image and select "open image in new tab" then copy that link.

You'll be able to post it then.

200.gif

athell likes this

16 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Personnel The Falcons came into last season with the second ranked roster in talent in the NFL.  They bring back the bulk of that talent.

I agree with this message.

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If we make the playoffs he won’t be fired

I don't think that way.  Blank saw a better Falcon team lose to Philly in the playoffs.  I don't think he will let it happen again...

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yall put in a LOT of work when just a simple right click and copy and paste would have done the same thing...:lol:

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Thats what i do in my computer. But from chrome on my phone it wont give me the good link. What browser do you use?

13 minutes ago, caponine said:

I doubt it, this team is just known to choke. This whole season rides on this team being fully healthy because you see what happens when we’re not. This team falters and Quinn folds like a cheap tent. And this team was suppose to be good at facing adversity smh. There’s no discipline or accountability. Not to mention we choke. Smh no offense to those who would get triggered

I mean. Its NOT like they didn't earn the pessimism.  They have earned it with FLYING colors...:(

Flying Falcon and PokerSteve like this

4 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Thats what i do in my computer. But from chrome on my phone it wont give me the good link. What browser do you use?

My bad.  Didn't know you was referring to a phone.  Guess you DO have to go thru that trouble that was posted...:lol:

4 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Just did it from my phone using chrome (on both android and ios) and see the "Open Image in New Tab" option.  You don't have that when you press and hold the image?

27 minutes ago, athell said:

Just did it from my phone using chrome (on both android and ios) and see the "Open Image in New Tab" option.  You don't have that when you press and hold the image?

It gave me a link that didnt work

2 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

It gave me a link that didnt work

Mine was weird where the tab didn't open automatically to the forefront I had to hit the button, find the tab, then copy that link.  It should open in a separate giphy window.  Really, you just need to make sure there is a .jpg or .gif at the end of the url...if there is it should display the image.  If not, just the url.

FalconBlood likes this

52 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Related image

You eat'n my lunch,, everybody knows I'm the one who suppose to make a post like this... It's a tradition I have had for many years... !! :o :lol:  But no seriously,, I truly believe if we have the kind of draft I think we will.. I'd pick our team to win it all this year... seriously.  In other words,, I agree 100%

slickgadawg likes this